FSX-Steam to Prepar3d

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

FSX-Steam to Prepar3d

Post by GaryRR »

I am considering Prepar3d from FSX Steam and would like to know.
Is it a full price repurchase to have my current A2A fleet in Prepar3d?
Thanks

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: FSX-Steam to Prepar3d

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes that is the case. Full price for repurchase. No discount.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

You can start with P-40 it's on Sale for $0.00 vroom vroom! :mrgreen:
:a2a: rocks!

Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I have both FSX and P3D installed. They're similar but different. Keeping FSX solves my need to buy all my aircraft a second time. If you have ORBX products most of them can also be installed to P3D at no extra charge. Some other products can also be installed to both platforms. I had to buy a different version of Active Sky though, and the P3D version of Accufeel.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Skycat wrote: 04 May 2021, 07:53 I have both FSX and P3D installed. They're similar but different. Keeping FSX solves my need to buy all my aircraft a second time. If you have ORBX products most of them can also be installed to P3D at no extra charge. Some other products can also be installed to both platforms. I had to buy a different version of Active Sky though, and the P3D version of Accufeel.
Yes. I have quite a few products that are dual platform. Sadly, A2A is not.
You mentioned Orbx. I currently use Flight 1 Ultimate Terrain and Ground Effects X. Does Orbx do better than those two together? If so, I would buy Orbx and leave the flight 1 products to FSX-Steam.
I would most likely repurchase the Bonanza to have in P3d. That is my most flown followed by the Skylane. They are both sweet models. Skylane is just plane agreeable and the Bonanza is too if respected. Also fast.
Thanks

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I've been an ORBX user for years, really ever since they released their Rocky Mountains packages. ORBX is superior to GEX/UTX in my opinion, even if you're only using the Global Base + Vector + LC combo. The drawback is, you kind of submit to an ORBX monopoly. Many older and freeware sceneries aren't compatible with ORBX, at least not without some workarounds.

Having both sims, I actually reinstalled FSX as a fresh and pulled my GEX/UTX of retirement, making P3D my ORBX workhorse. I could have ORBX on both simultaneously but there were some old FSX sceneries I wanted to use, and some stock missions I wanted to replay, so FSX with GEX was a solution.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”