Lots of trouble logging in yesterday

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
sext5vette

Lots of trouble logging in yesterday

Post by sext5vette »

Yesterday I could not get logged in to the forum using my official user name and password. It kept saying my password was incorrect. I needed to respond to another member on a post that I had made the day before. In the message about my password being incorrect it said I could contact the forum administrator for help. I clicked on the link given and got this message "The board administrator contact page has been disabled." So frustrated, I went to the A2Asimulations.com page and logged into my account there. The password and user name for that site are different from my forum login info. So, needing to get into the forum, I decided to re-register on the forum site using the same login as for the A2Asimulations.com. I can now get into the forum with that login info but I have lost all the statistics, posts, subscriptions, etc. that I had with my old login name and I have to login every time rather than being able to stay logged in as in the past. Here's another thing. When I clicked on reset my password I did not receive the reset email in my email. When I went back to check on this it said my email address was not registered to my user name. Is there anyway I can get my old forum account back. When I tried to re-register using my official user name it told me someone else already had that user name. What's going on?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Lots of trouble logging in yesterday

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what's the issue you are encountering?

If you have forgotten your password you can use the forgotten password system to get yourself back up and running. Ill check the board admin stuff but do remember we have the contact us form on the website that goes directly to me so I can sort the forum things out if its a rare occasion that the automatic 'password forgotten' systems cannot take care off.

thanks,
Lewis- A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sext5vette

Post by sext5vette »

Thanks for your reply Lewis. I did try the forgot password link but I never got the email. After trying a couple of times I got a message saying that my email was not in the forum database. When I tried to re-register using my User Name BigT-65 it said someone else already had that user name. That someone was me. I finally gave up and went to the A2Asimulations.com site to see if I could login there. User name and password were different from forum login. I did get logged in to that site. So I went back to the forum and re-registered using that login data. I can now access the forum using that new login but I have been disconnected from all my stats under BigT-65.
Any ideas how I can get that back. If you guys could somehow reconnect me to my BigT-65 user name I could drop this new one.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Are you sure you are using the correct email address? Have you checked the spam folder?
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

sext5vette

Post by sext5vette »

Oracle427 wrote: 07 May 2021, 18:24 Are you sure you are using the correct email address? Have you checked the spam folder?
Yes and Yes, I have been using the same email address for 10 or 15 years.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Not sure what could be going wrong. I just reset my password, received the email and logged back in. What domain is the email address? There have been some issues reported in the past with certain email domains. I can't remember which but I remember hotmail possibly.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

sext5vette

Post by sext5vette »

Mine is gmail, been using it forever and always in this forum.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ahh yes sorry, in that case you where the victim of a slight outage across the internet on the 5-6th I am afraid. We where one of the thousands of domains/site affected by the cloud fare issue. All should be back up and working for you now though. Unfortunately for a period of up to 24hrs some users will have experienced some time outs, and this affected everything including the email system. Sorry about that!

thanks,
Lewis

sext5vette

Post by sext5vette »

Lewis,
Thanks for the info. If I want to try again to login with my original user name and password should I first delete or cancel the new one I set up as SexT5Vette?

I just tried logging in with my original user name and password. When I tried to send it, it changed back to SexT5Vette. So it looks like I will have to get that new registration out of the registry. How can I do that?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

It just sounds like you browser is caching the information. Just manually type in the boxes and you should be good to go.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

sext5vette

Post by sext5vette »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 08 May 2021, 08:33 Ahh yes sorry, in that case you where the victim of a slight outage across the internet on the 5-6th I am afraid. We where one of the thousands of domains/site affected by the cloud fare issue. All should be back up and working for you now though. Unfortunately for a period of up to 24hrs some users will have experienced some time outs, and this affected everything including the email system. Sorry about that!
Lewis
Now that that has been cleared up I can get the Forgot My Password link to send me the email to get the temporary password. So I retrieve the temp password and go back to login. And it tells me I have entered an incorrect password. So I double checked it and tried again. Refused again. So I had it send me another password and that one didn't work either. So at this point I can't get back into my original user name login. Is there any other possibilities?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Can you let me know the exact message you are receiving, I think you maybe are mis-typing in the username, password or failing the anti-spam check. I just tested and all is working ok this end for your account. Have you tried a different browser too?

If you can PM me the account you want changing I can manually edit your account.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

sext5vette

Post by sext5vette »

Lewis,
Thanks for staying with me on this problem. I am absolutely sure I am typing in the correct user name and temporary password. I have tried copying the temp password and also typing it in manually. neither worked. I did have to answer the CAPTCHA and I know I got that right. These are the messages I get:
This is the message I get after the first try
You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to solve the CAPTCHA below.

This is the message I get after the second try
You have specified an incorrect password. Please check your password and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.
the password used each time is the one the forum sent me. I also was sure to click the activation link.

I also tried a different browser, same result.
When I asked for a new password using my sext5vette user name it sends me a temporary and it works just fine. Maybe if I could just get rid of the new user name I could get logged in with the original one.

I will PM you.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Ive just responded to your DM, it looks like them email address on the old account it not accepting emails. All my emails with your changed details on any of my work emails or even personal email addresses are getting delivery failure messages.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

BigT-65
Senior Airman

Post by BigT-65 »

Thanks Lewis. This problem is solved. I can now login to my official account.
i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 H.O.T.A.S.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”