What is the BEST A2A airplane?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Re: What is the BEST A2A airplane?

Post by MatzeH84 »

With all the greeat times I had in nearly all A2A addons, it's the Strat. I really miss her.
Kind regards, Matthias

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Paughco

sorry it's taken me weeks to consider this'n.

What is the best A2A airplane ....... TO FLY?

So to answer I've spent June/July flying 'em all across Scotland, across Ireland (north and south), to Isle of Man, Anglesey and over Wales, Snowdonia, and back to Wolverhampton and then EGBB .... all weathers. (PS Orbx scenery, airports and weather themes are stunning).

What's the answer? ................ um .............. um .................

..................................................................... ..................................... = 42

No words capture how excellent is the BONANZA. The panel is so interesting and complex. The look of the airplane is fabulous. She flies responsively and yet twisty and thrilling if you blink.

Also up on the podium have to be luxury COMANCHE, photo-real CHEROKEE and totally immersive and 'hands-on' TEXAN T-6.

Thanks for the question. AND THOUSANDS OF THANKS TO SCOTT AT A2A!!!!!

And of course, Lockheed Martin's P3D v5.2 is fantastic, no need to consider gaming company alternative.

Please stay healthy all of you.

Rod EGBB (surely we're not going to beat Denmark 4 : 0. Anyway, I like Denmark and the Danes. If I had my way we would re-unite just like we did in 9th century. Maybe just a polite 2 : 0 victory to maintain North Sea concord, then hopefully alliance)

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Yes they are all good but the Cessna 182 and Bonanza are the best. P3Dv5.2 is really good i agree.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Paughco wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 13:32 When I'm done working for the day, and I just want to relax with a nice flight sim adventure, I'll roll the P-40 out of the hangar and fire her up...Nothin' like it.
Seeya
ATB
This guy knows what's up. Took forever to get it into P3D, worried that I'll never see it in MSFS. I can't wait years. Comanche? Aerostar? Eh...I need an A2A warbird, no modern avionics. I'd take the military P-51 or the Spit, but a P-40 with the excess shine removed from the canopy and the wing lights fixed? I'd pay $100+ right now. My MSFS is gathering dust.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

mustang for msfs, then best will mustang for next generation sim, then for next etc. :)
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I'm getting old and time is flying by way to fast, has it really been almost three years since the last new aircraft release? (Bonanza-Sept2018) (plus updates and crossovers since of course)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

paddler
Airman

Post by paddler »

The answer is easy, the one that you are currently flying!

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Paddler

your answer is superb! And I absolutely cannot argue with he truth of your insight about the sensational present moment with Scott's brilliant airplanes. Having just landed the fantastic T-6 Harvard at EGBW near Shakespeare's Stratford Upon Avon, you are so right; "it is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves" (Cassius in Julius Caesar) (1599)!

Rod EGBB

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

Not sure about the best...

But the little yellow cub is definitely my favorite one

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

Cessna 182

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

It's still the P-40. Army 155, to be precise.

Seeya
ATB

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Comanche for me. I do love the p40
But Comanche is the one thing that keeps bringing me back to p3d from msfs

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

I haven't used it in a long time, last time was P3D v3.x. I had an awesome time with most of the modules, but emotionally the B-17 is the one that stands out (even though it was normally for FSX and not P3D).
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

For performance the V-tail Bonanza. My highest hour A2A plane. For ease of operation and reliability the Cessna Skylane. Very agreeable to fly on shorter distances. Second highest hours for me. But the Bonnie to date is my only repurchase for P3D. Skylane next when I have discretionary cash.
I like the Commanche okay but it isn't as convenient in operation as either the Bonnie or the Skylane to me. The left panel mounting of the avionics is difficult for me because I move my mouse to whatever hand I would reach with on the actual panel and lefthanding to work with GTN or GNS feels odd.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

For me it'll always be the P-40.

HOWEVER: Gotta say. Since flying my B-17 all the way across Canada, and now across the Atlantic to Greenland, then Iceland, and on to Great Britain, that is also becoming one of my favorites.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”