What is the BEST A2A airplane?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Re: What is the BEST A2A airplane?

Post by Mustang »

The 377 holds a dear place in my heart so I have to nominate that. It wasn't an aircraft I cared for before A2A released it for FSX, but it's still my favourite simulator aircraft by far and I would love to see it in MSFS one day. Sitting in the flight deck (anywhere) is just an experience, and all those switches on the flight engineer's panel make me giddy (in a good way) :D

I still remember watching Scott's early Accu-Sim videos demonstrating the 377's features and warmly feeling "this is what I've always wanted in a simulation..."

OK, there were some other things I always wanted: realistic-looking weather/atmospherics and an aerial-photography-based map of the world to explore, both of which MSFS have now provided. Life is good... well... almost - we need to wait for all technologies to combine.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

TreeTops wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 02:16 Come on Daryl, spit it out.

<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

amanlulo
Airman Basic

Post by amanlulo »

The Connie

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

The "BEST" one would have to be the last one they released since it would include all the improvements they have learned over time. Now asking which is the 'Favorite' will get you the answers you see here.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I think only the A2A team could give you the answer to this question, as such an answer has to be based on the technicalities of a simulated plane. Anything else is a subjective opinion based on favouritism. You're also trying to compare apples, oranges and bananas, as we have GA planes, warbirds and passenger airliners to consider. Better to ask which is your favourite from each category.

So for me, that is:
1) GA. Definitely the Comanche. Does everything I'd want if I owned a GA plane IRL. I like my planes to have their wings below me, so honourable mentions go to the Cherokee and Bonanza. But the C-182 and Cub are great for back country flying. A balanced opinion?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
2) Warbirds. Spitfire. As close as I'm ever going to get to the feeling of strapping wings onto my back. A2A did a great job on this one. Honourable mentions to the P-47 and P-40.
3) Airliners. Can't comment, as I don't own the B-377. Love the Connie though. A real lady.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Best for what? Purpose, features, or visual modeling? Or a combination of all factors?

The Spitfire is the best in my opinion., though the P-40 is I suppose my favorite.

The Thunderbolt will be overlooked using any standard, but considering it was a first generation Accusim product it deserves a nod within the context of what was available to FSX users before Accusim. A2A did amazing work modeling the turbocharger and its associated cooling management. More recent P-47 models -- for example the DCS Thunderbolt -- are still lacking in this area.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Bonanza for sure. And the Skylane is very easy to live with.
The Bonanza is a great travel aircraft and handles Sweet. The Skylane is old faithful. Does anything you want and then some.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Clearly, this was a trick question...and only ratty got it right...... :P :mrgreen: 8)

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

There is really only one way this question can be answered.............actually two.

First the technical answer;
The best plane A2A produces on the technical side of the equation is always the last plane produced, as the A2A Accusim program is an ongoing continually progressing program where the latest release always contains the most current work and changes and improvements to the program.

The second answer is the personal answer;

This answer postulates that the best A2A plane is the one YOU like the best and enjoy flying the most.

It's this simple !

Dudley Henriques

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Dudley hit the nail on the head.

When I'm done working for the day, and I just want to relax with a nice flight sim adventure, I'll roll the P-40 out of the hangar and fire her up. Maybe out of Arlington (KAWO) for a quick trip below the Whidbey Island NAS airspace to fly under the bridge at Deception Pass, or a quick flight out of Yakima and low level up the Yakima Canyon. Or maybe like last night, from Weed Airport in California up to the small airport on a hill near John Day, Oregon. Always a challenge keeping the P-40 going in a straight line on takeoff and a smooth touchdown on landing. Nothin' like it.

Seeya
ATB

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

Hands down the 377+COTS. I am so sad that it never got updated... I would pay for it again!

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Genista wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 10:31 Hands down the 377+COTS. I am so sad that it never got updated... I would pay for it again!
Likewise, but not for P3D (which I never moved to), but for MSFS. I'm now *this* close to buying a certain DC-6 that has just released, because I know it'll be some time (if at all) before we get that kind of aircraft from A2A in MSFS. Of course, if A2A want to tell me to save my money and wait patiently, I am all ears... :wink: But being realistic we're probably 2-3 years away from any chance of that dream happening, and in the meantime I look forward to buying another Comanche when it rolls out of the hangar :D

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Mustang wrote: 19 Jun 2021, 16:08
Genista wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 10:31 Hands down the 377+COTS. I am so sad that it never got updated... I would pay for it again!
Likewise, but not for P3D (which I never moved to), but for MSFS. I'm now *this* close to buying a certain DC-6 that has just released, because I know it'll be some time (if at all) before we get that kind of aircraft from A2A in MSFS. Of course, if A2A want to tell me to save my money and wait patiently, I am all ears... :wink: But being realistic we're probably 2-3 years away from any chance of that dream happening, and in the meantime I look forward to buying another Comanche when it rolls out of the hangar :D
I think 2-3 years is a bit of an exaggeration. There has been no official hint at any sort of timing, but my guess is that we should see the Comanche by the end of autumn. But, again, that's my guess.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Just a minor misunderstanding - I meant 2-3 years for an aircraft such as the 377 (if at all). For the Comanche, yes, I also get the feeling it won't be too far away. Likely in 2021, all being well :)

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Bonanza for fun and speed. Skylane as old reliable and easy to operate.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”