I am not getting MSFS2020 until...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Saucey12
Airman

Re: I am not getting MSFS2020 until...

Post by Saucey12 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 06:43 We have one final thing that needs to work for our technology to come into MSFS. We are dependent on another entity for this to happen. If it turns out this doesn't happen for whatever reason we do have a plan B but we want to completely exhaust all options before moving to this next solution.

We have no interest in moving sideways with development and there are certain things we have wanted to make happen for a long time which I am insistent happen on any next Accu-Sim release. I wish I could be less cryptic about this stuff but it's a sensitive subject to us because our our ability to release has been hung up from this one single thing that must happen.

Once this hurdle is overcome sky is the limit.

Scott.
Thank you very much for that Scott!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Saucey12 wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 10:42
Piper_EEWL wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 01:57 I also reinstalled FSX:SE with all my Orbx and A2A addon sim my new computer but I have to say after seeing the graphics of MSFS2020 it’s hard to go back. Even if the flying side is more immersive with the A2A addons.

I just really hope we get the Comanche rather sooner than later. Definitely a day one purchase for me!
Absolutely! That and the t-6 for me.
Let’s face it. All A2A release will be a day one purchase for me who am I kidding!?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 14:57
Piper_EEWL wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 01:57 I also reinstalled FSX:SE with all my Orbx and A2A addon sim my new computer but I have to say after seeing the graphics of MSFS2020 it’s hard to go back. Even if the flying side is more immersive with the A2A addons.

I just really hope we get the Comanche rather sooner than later. Definitely a day one purchase for me!
Let’s face it. All A2A release will be a day one purchase for me who am I kidding!?
I dunno, I may wait until P3Dv6.. what if they come out with Google map for the ground textures

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

twsharp12 wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 16:12

I dunno, I may wait until P3Dv6.. what if they come out with Google map for the ground textures
I highly doubt that. Their marketing model cannot financially support that. Their customer base is not as interested as we are in having that. And considering they might have defence contractors using their software for various applications, having Google content being used in the sim would be a massive security hole, cause Google won't just graciously hand over data without some sort of data collection clause.
But, who knows? Maybe i'm wrong. Would certainly not be the first time that happened.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

cristi.neagu wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 16:43
twsharp12 wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 16:12
I highly doubt that. Their marketing model cannot financially support that. Their customer base is not as interested as we are in having that. And considering they might have defence contractors using their software for various applications, having Google content being used in the sim would be a massive security hole, cause Google won't just graciously hand over data without some sort of data collection clause.
But, who knows? Maybe i'm wrong. Would certainly not be the first time that happened.
Tileproxy was a free utility for FSX that came out well over 10 years ago. It would access either Yahoo, Google, or Bing map servers and automatically import photoscenery into FSX in real-time as you flew in the sim. You could also cache photo scenery for offline use. So this technology is indeed quite viable for P3D, the only limitation being Tileproxy never supported any kind of Autogen or vegetation scenery (you basically got a featureless photoscenery world in terms of Autogen 3D objects). Regular elevation mesh worked fine, however.

I loved using Tileproxy and it was a massive realism improvement over stock FSX scenery, needless to say.

A few months ago, someone even managed to re-rig MSFS2020 to use Google Earth scenery before Asobo managed to improve some of their Autogen AI technology, whatever they call it.

Never say never. Lockheed Martin might very well strike back at Microsoft to leverage more competition between the two platforms. That might not be such a bad thing for we users either.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Hobart Escin wrote: 24 Jun 2021, 17:43 Tileproxy was a free utility for FSX that came out well over 10 years ago. It would access either Yahoo, Google, or Bing map servers and automatically import photoscenery into FSX in real-time as you flew in the sim. You could also cache photo scenery for offline use. So this technology is indeed quite viable for P3D, the only limitation being Tileproxy never supported any kind of Autogen or vegetation scenery (you basically got a featureless photoscenery world in terms of Autogen 3D objects). Regular elevation mesh worked fine, however.

I loved using Tileproxy and it was a massive realism improvement over stock FSX scenery, needless to say.

A few months ago, someone even managed to re-rig MSFS2020 to use Google Earth scenery before Asobo managed to improve some of their Autogen AI technology, whatever they call it.

Never say never. Lockheed Martin might very well strike back at Microsoft to leverage more competition between the two platforms. That might not be such a bad thing for we users either.
But that was on a user by user basis, and I assume everyone was using their own private Google API key. You can't do that as a sim service. The number of API calls you get is limited. Going above that limit means you need to start paying for access, so it won't be for free. And keep in mind that P3D is aimed at an entirely different market than FS2020. Going just by their target market, there is little to no overlap between the two.

zsegaoula
Airman Basic

Post by zsegaoula »

Any chance anyone has the repaint of the Cessna 182 WIP and could reupload it? Image

viewtopic.php?t=47010

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 23 Jun 2021, 06:43 We have one final thing that needs to work for our technology to come into MSFS. We are dependent on another entity for this to happen. If it turns out this doesn't happen for whatever reason we do have a plan B but we want to completely exhaust all options before moving to this next solution.

We have no interest in moving sideways with development and there are certain things we have wanted to make happen for a long time which I am insistent happen on any next Accu-Sim release. I wish I could be less cryptic about this stuff but it's a sensitive subject to us because our our ability to release has been hung up from this one single thing that must happen.

Once this hurdle is overcome sky is the limit.

Scott.
Thanks Scott. It's good to know something is happening and it certainly sounds like it will be worth the wait.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Dan M
Airman

Post by Dan M »

Thanks for that update Scott, encouraging news for sure.

I don't know the ins and outs of what needs to happen for A2A nor what similar issues PMDG might have had to deal with to get the DC-6 working for MSFS. But I'm really hopeful that with the SDK improvements and the fact there is a "Plan B" that we'll see the fleet in the new sim fairly soon. I miss that Harvard but like some, I found that I just couldn't switch back to P3D after giving MSFS a fair chance.

It's probably been said a thousand times already but, when A2A finally comes into MSFS it will be a revolution. Other devs are going to have a very high benchmark to meet.

Hoping everyone is doing well and staying safe. Let's make plans for the mask-burning party.
Dan M

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

Saucey12 wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 13:32 Until A2A finds a way to get their aircraft into MSFS2020. Anyone else agree? I am just too spoiled to the realism of the aircraft and the accu-sim technologies.
You are not alone.

I still fly FSX and as you, no A2A no party in FS20.

rlaycock
Airman First Class

Post by rlaycock »

Hi all
I totally understand what others are saying in this thread. However for me, although I still have P3D V4.5, P3D V5.1,(both with all A2A add-ons) and X-plane 11 installed and still fire them up on occasions, 80% of my time playing flight sims in now in MSFS2020.

With the recent release on the PMDG DC6 I feel the % will grow. The detail etc in MSFS just make it compelling.

For what its worth, I like others am extremely keen for A2A to start releasing aircraft for MSFS2020. My personal favorite is the Cessna 182.
Best wishes
Bob

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Rioku wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 15:42
Saucey12 wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 13:32 Until A2A finds a way to get their aircraft into MSFS2020. Anyone else agree? I am just too spoiled to the realism of the aircraft and the accu-sim technologies.
You are not alone.

It's called "Cutting off your nose to spite your face". But then it's your face, do what you like to it. :D I've yet to meet anyone who says getting MFS is the worse thing I've ever done.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Ron Attwood wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 06:35
You are not alone.

It's called "Cutting off your nose to spite your face". But then it's your face, do what you like to it. :D I've yet to meet anyone who says getting MFS is the worse thing I've ever done.
"Cutting off your nose to spite your face" would apply if FS2020 were absolutely great and people were holding off because, despite there being A2A level planes, they only care about it having A2A on it. That is not the case. In many respects, FS2020 is still a shambles and far inferior to P3D. Only things going for it over P3D is the graphics and the default plane behaviour (with some very major exceptions). So that saying does not apply.
I would agree that it is unfair to say FS2020 is a waste of time and/or money. That is not true. But stating that there is nothing of interest for you in FS2020 until A2A release the Comanche is a fair thing to say.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

cristi.neagu wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 06:45

You are not alone.

"Cutting off your nose to spite your face" would apply if FS2020 were absolutely great and people were holding off because, despite there being A2A level planes, they only care about it having A2A on it. That is not the case. In many respects, FS2020 is still a shambles and far inferior to P3D. Only things going for it over P3D is the graphics and the default plane behaviour (with some very major exceptions). So that saying does not apply.
I would agree that it is unfair to say FS2020 is a waste of time and/or money. That is not true. But stating that there is nothing of interest for you in FS2020 until A2A release the Comanche is a fair thing to say.
Like I said elsewhere, once I got over the initial WOW factor of the graphics, it feels soulless to me. I won't say it's the worst piece of software I have ever bought. The gods know I have enough of those on Steam, but, I certainly miss my A2A warbirds in it.

Steve.

Oh! And Ron. If I want to cut off my nose then that's my choice. It's my nose. Could get messy with a cold though. :lol: :P Stay safe bud.

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

You are not alone.

For me the priority is not graphics, the priority is realism.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”