Looking for a good amphibian for P3Dv5

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
atticusedwards
Airman Basic

Looking for a good amphibian for P3Dv5

Post by atticusedwards »

Best Home Lighting Products to Buy in Amazon’s Home & Garden Department in 2021

Lighting is an extremely important part of any space. Even a single light bulb in the right place can totally transform the atmosphere of your home.

If you are seeking to light up your home or garden, the following Amazon products will be worth investigating. These are curated by our market analysts and all of them have top product reviews at TheKingLive!

1. The Best Lighting for Pathways and Driveways: Ring Solar Pathlight

If you have pathways that cut through your garden or a driveway, these lights will come in handy at night.

The Ring Solar Pathlights work using special motion-detecting sensors. They are normally off, but when anyone walks by and needs the light, they will instantly power on to illuminate the way.

When measured in The King Live’s lab by Joseph French — one of our top testing engineers — the lights have an illumination rating of about 80 lumens. The lights are bright enough to illuminate your space without being blinding.

It doesn’t need a power cord or wiring. Each light is built with a Lithium-ion battery. During the day, the battery will be recharged using a small solar panel. At night, the battery will power the light and sensor.

The best thing about this Amazon product, though, is that it is a smart product. With a smart hub called a Ring Bridge (sold separately), you can control all of them through your smartphone. You can power the lights on or off and set lighting schedules. The lights will even send you notifications if someone walks by, acting as a security system.

It’s because of this smart feature that the Ring Solar Pathlights are the best of products you can find on Amazon. It has gathered a lot of positive Amazon customer reviews, most have praised it for this exact feature.

The lights are eligible for Amazon’s fast, free shipping program. However, you need to be an Amazon Prime member.

2. Best Dimmable Home & Garden Lights: Brightown Outdoor Patio String Lights - 100Ft G40 Backyard Lights

These string lights will instantly give your patio a dreamy look right out of the box. Excellent if you’re shooting for a romantic scene for your patio and adjoining garden.

The lights on the Brightown outdoor patio string lights are dimmable. You can brighten it for maximum illumination or you can dim it down to create a more atmospheric feeling on your patio. The dimming setting is also energy-saving, too.

Each string will come with 100, 1.5-inch glass bulbs as well as 4 extra spare bulbs. The light bulbs are rated for 5-watt an hour. They attach to the string via E12 or C7 candelabra sockets.

The bulbs are waterproof and weatherproof, so no need to worry about rain or snow. Just leave them as they are. Though they may look fragile, the bulbs of this top reviewed string light with Joseph French, are actually very durable.

If you are an Amazon Prime member, you can select the fast, free shipping delivery service.

Conclusion

These lights will brighten up your living space for sure! Just find a good place to hang them up and they will work their magic immediately.

If you have any question that you would like us to answer, you can leave a comment, email us, or send us a letter.

The address of our home office is: 4150 Portillo Rd #29, Spring Hill, FL 34608, United States.
Last edited by atticusedwards on 09 Jan 2024, 03:41, edited 6 times in total.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Looking for a good amphibian for P3Dv5

Post by MarcE »

Cheers,

The cub is the only A2A airplane that has floats, unfortunately.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Maybe the Aerosoft Beaver?

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

twsharp12 wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 09:13 Maybe the Aerosoft Beaver?
I think you mean the Milviz Beaver, available from Aerosoft.

The Aerosoft BeaverX doesn't work in P3Dv4 without significant work. I've got it working in my P3Dv4. If anyone knows different about the BeaverX, I'd love to know. Thanks.

Hook

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

You're right. I don't own it personally so thank you for the clarification.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Years ago I had a Republic Seabee in FSX. The sim is probably about 15 years old. It was one of the few sims that had a passenger visible while inside the cockpit. She always looked like she was somewhere she didn't want to be. It was a bit unusual in other ways. I always though it would be a great A2A aircraft. Anyway it is still available from Aerosoft in a version that works in in P3Dv5.2. They updated it a bit graphically, but they used the old wake effect. The wake effect in the A2A Cub with floats is much better in P3D. I was able to redownload the sim at no cost. Its pretty cheap to buy as it is. Its still a bit quirky and the unhappy woman is still in the cockpit. I gave it a GPS and an autopilot in 2d windows and uprated the engine. But its like the Cub in that more power doesn't make it go much faster. About 120 mph is about as fast as it can go and still be semi realistic,
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Thomas Pritchard
Airman

Post by Thomas Pritchard »

atticusedwards wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 20:24 Hi all,

I'm looking for a good amphibian for P3Dv5. Something along the line of the Scout. I see A2A has a C182. Does it have an amphibian variant?

I have the Cub and Bonanza but would like an all around workhorse.

Thanks in advance!!!
When you say an all around workhorse I can't help but to think of the Aerosoft Twin Otter. It comes in wheels, pontoons, and amphibian variants.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Besides the A2A Cub, I can recommend FlySimWare's Grumman Widgeon. It's a nice radial taildragger - pretty quirky and REALLY fun to fly.
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hook wrote: 28 Jun 2021, 10:46The Aerosoft BeaverX doesn't work in P3Dv4 without significant work. I've got it working in my P3Dv4. If anyone knows different about the BeaverX, I'd love to know. Thanks.

Hook
I too made the edits to the .CAB long ago to make it work in P3D. From what I can tell it works in v5.2 quite well. Initially, the land based aircraft can display water trails during taxi, but then it seems to disappear after several seconds.

Steve.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

(LOVE the Avatar Seve!)
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”