Looking for a Good Study Level Aircraft for MSFS A2A? Any idea when?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Neon
Technical Sergeant

Looking for a Good Study Level Aircraft for MSFS A2A? Any idea when?

Post by Neon »

I love MSFS, especially now I realised the Legacy flight model is horrendous, but the modern is fine.
So I'm looking for a really good plane. I'm getting pretty bored of the default planes lack of realism;
Carenado isn't much better. I love GA planes. Currently I have these planes:

Carenado Piper Seminole and Arrow, and Mooney. I wish I'd seen the Just Flight Arrow first because it's a lot better.

Anyway, anyone have any good suggestions? Preferably without GPS as I'm in the mood for old school, VOR/NBD just good old Dead Reckoning.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Looking for a Good Study Level Aircraft for MSFS A2A? Any idea when?

Post by TreeTops »

In the absence of any A2A aircraft, I would suggest the new PMDG DC-6 if you are after a study level aircraft.
There is the standard version of the GNS430 GPS if you desire, or remove it for pure old school navigation.
To get you started there is the automated flight engineer which takes care of almost everything, but as you learn you can deactivate the FE and take control of different phases of flight.
Eventually you will not use the FE at all if you wish to fly entirely by yourself.
I love the big 4 engine radial planes, as there is nothing really comparable. I cut my teeth on the B337 and then the Connie, so I can't wait until they make it to MSFS.
I know the DC-6 is not a GA aircraft, but it sure fits into the study level you are after.
Cheers
Trev

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

TreeTops wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 05:01 In the absence of any A2A aircraft, I would suggest the new PMDG DC-6 if you are after a study level aircraft.
Not really a 'Study level' fan, but I am a sucker for peer pressure. I bought the DC-6 for MFS. I have NEVER been so fixated on dials in my life! I'm drowning in immersion (see what I did there?) I have a feeling in my gut that A2A won't be far behind. Scott, wherever the T-6 is on the list would you be so kind as to move it up? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

BostonJeremy77
Airman First Class

Post by BostonJeremy77 »

Ron Attwood wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 06:52
TreeTops wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 05:01 In the absence of any A2A aircraft, I would suggest the new PMDG DC-6 if you are after a study level aircraft.
Not really a 'Study level' fan, but I am a sucker for peer pressure. I bought the DC-6 for MFS. I have NEVER been so fixated on dials in my life! I'm drowning in immersion (see what I did there?) I have a feeling in my gut that A2A won't be far behind. Scott, wherever the T-6 is on the list would you be so kind as to move it up? :D
That's warring words!!! ;) Now that we have a GREAT DC-6, the only thing that would make sense is to have its direct competitor - THE CONSTELLATION!
Regards,

Jeremy Smirnov, M.D.

cro24
Airman First Class

Post by cro24 »

don't forget the B17
CM ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F / CPU Intel I7 7700K 4,2 GHz / GTX 1080 STRIX 8 Go/ Mem 4 X 8Go DDR4 skill ripjaws 2400 / FS2020 / FFB2 / quadrant & rudder saiteck / Trackir 5 / A2A: I am waiting :cry:

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Ron Attwood wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 06:52 Scott, wherever the T-6 is on the list would you be so kind as to move it up? :D
THIS!!!! I've flown the A2A T6 for more than 200 hours in P3D. It sounds silly... But since I've watched Roberts videos on the DC6 and since I've seriously flown this aircraft half around the world I think I've eventually understood radial engines lol.. This Aircraft HAS to be in MSFS asap :D

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

Neon wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 03:10 I love MSFS, especially now I realised the Legacy flight model is horrendous, but the modern is fine.
So I'm looking for a really good plane. I'm getting pretty bored of the default planes lack of realism;
Carenado isn't much better. I love GA planes. Currently I have these planes:

Carenado Piper Seminole and Arrow, and Mooney. I wish I'd seen the Just Flight Arrow first because it's a lot better.

Anyway, anyone have any good suggestions? Preferably without GPS as I'm in the mood for old school, VOR/NBD just good old Dead Reckoning.
Go for the JustFlight Arrow. The Carenados look great but they are very far from study level. The only downside to the JustFlight Arrow is that the default radios (without a GPS unit) are very old 25khz units so you cannot use them directly to tune stations in FS2020. In fact, they're not even legal to fly just with them in the UK, as far as I understand. You can still select the frequency from the ATC menu and they will work.

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

I did read somewhere that A2A is working on not one, but TWO, aircraft for MSFS2020 (pretty sure it was either somewhere on reddit or avsim or some other forum).

First one to be released is the Comanche 250. No idea how far along they are on that.

Second is the Aerostar 600, based off their very own before they had to unfortunately perform an emergency landing and damaged it enough to render it unflyable, scraping their wing along the ground if I recall correctly (everyone's OK too). I did read, however, that A2A has sufficient data on it to build the model, it'll just take some time is all.

What I'm super curious about, however, is whether or not A2A is shopping for a new plane for themselves and, if so, what they'll be purchasing!

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

cro24 wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 10:59 don't forget the B17
Oh yes, I need the B-17 in MSFS. That would be stellar.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Eric Bakker
Airman First Class

Post by Eric Bakker »

Neon wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 03:10 IAnyway, anyone have any good suggestions? Preferably without GPS as I'm in the mood for old school, VOR/NBD just good old Dead Reckoning.
Personally, I like the AT Simulations Focke-Wulf P.149D a lot.
I think you will too.
Bonanza - T6 Texan - Constellation - PA-24 Comanche - PA-28 Cherokee - C182 Skylane - C172 Trainer - Spitfire - Accu-Feel
| [email protected] | RTX2080ti-11Gb | Win10

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Eric Bakker wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 15:36
Neon wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 03:10 IAnyway, anyone have any good suggestions? Preferably without GPS as I'm in the mood for old school, VOR/NBD just good old Dead Reckoning.
Personally, I like the AT Simulations Focke-Wulf P.149D a lot.
I think you will too.
Yes, that's a good one. No failure simulation of any kind but possibly one of the most immersive aircraft that you can get for MSFS at this time. There is just something about that rugged metal cockpit, the satisfying clacks of flip switches and the reflections in the cockpit bubble that makes it feel super real. Definitely a good choice and a beautiful aircraft.

And before you get put off looking into it: the cockpit labels can be switched to English with a single click. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”