5.2 Hotfix 1 now available

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

5.2 Hotfix 1 now available

Post by bullfox »

I downloaded and installed Hotfix 1. LM has taken it up another notch. Clouds and lighting now even better.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

makapala
Airman

Re: 5.2 Hotfix 1 now available

Post by makapala »

Plays merry havoc with add-ons though

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I have not had that problem. Apparently it depends on how you install it. I just downloaded and removed the volumeric fog config as per the instructions.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Just completed a test flight in the Comanche, using my newly installed P3D v5.2 Hotfix 1. I downloaded the client installer yesterday, but figured I'd check the various forums before jumping in with abandon. Based on info found on those forums, I downloaded the updates to Active Sky and RXP. Installed those, then deleted the old client and installed the new client, per P3D instructions. No hitches, no glitches. SO FAR. Seems a bit better. No worse, certainly.

Seeya
ATB

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm having a lot of problems with 5.2 HF1. I'm thinking of nuking my entire install and starting from scratch.

The weirdness began when I decided to update my v5.0 Content and Scenery files to 5.2 HF1, in addition to the Client. I've only been updating the Client files since the beginning. Right away I noticed that my ORBX Global and Rocky Mountains textures were patchy, so I verified the installs for all my ORBX scenery. That fixed the scenery issue, but I was also noticing that aircraft would sometimes load as black silhouettes and clouds as a chain of psychadelic boxes in the sky. Today I turned off all my ORBX scenery to free up memory and that seemed to fix the graphics anomalies. However, when flying in VR the escape menu keeps popping up and pausing the sim. This was with the default Carenado Commander.

I then tried a couple of flights in the A2A Civilian P-51. It is very stuttery in VR, and the Escape menu problem is even worse -- it comes up every 10-15 seconds. Even stranger, though, is my flights in the Mustang seem to be getting time warped. On the first flight a banner saying "Time Machine" popped up across the top of my VR view and I was at my destination 90 miles away in about two minutes. The banner didn't come up on my second flight but I had the same results, taking off from Great Falls, Montana and arriving at Helena, Montana in about three minutes without ever crossing over the mountains between.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I have had some occasional problems with stuttering in 5.2 when I am in areas with a a lot mountains. When the stuttering happens is when CPU utilization goes over 90% so I guess the cpu is working on telling the gpu how to display the mountains. I will also say that I have nearly everything at very high settings. I have no experience with virtual reality.

My suggestion would be to go to the LM P3D forum. You might find something helpful there.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Update: A complete uninstall and reinstall seems to have fixed my problems. The P-51 is working great with Active Sky P3D. I still need to feed in my ORBX sceneries.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

That's good news Skycat. I got my stuttering a little better under control.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Everything looks fine, after updating Active Sky, Envtex/Envshade. Deleting the VolumetricClouds.cfg and then doing a Client only update. Some screens here as an example.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/as9i4cwlzj36 ... 2iyGa?dl=0

Steve.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”