The Lizzie

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
makapala
Airman

The Lizzie

Post by makapala »

I think I’ve said before that my dream A2A aircraft would be the Westland Lysander. A rare and querky legendary warbird well used to dropping and recovering SOE operatives from occupied France in the dead of night.

It’s strangely huge for such a stol aircraft and has some very very demanding trim characteristics especially on final. The sort of thing that A2A excel in reproducing

Anyway, how much would you pay to fly in one? It’s just there’s an experience coming to Britain soon but we’re talking huge money for a really short ride. More than a Spitfire flight easily. Oh and you fly backwards as passenger.

How much would you be willing to pay?
Attachments
65F57094-5BC5-43A9-8062-B639FB54123E.png
65F57094-5BC5-43A9-8062-B639FB54123E.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 936 times

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: The Lizzie

Post by MarcE »

Well, I have „pilot mind“ when I sit in an airplane. I hate to be squeezed in a 737 cabin just as much ad I hate to be seated into a two seater sailplane where the back seat stick has been removed. I don‘t mind not to take control but I hate if people take it from me deliberately and forcefully. So holding my butt in direction of flight is probably one of the last things I‘d do. So regardless of the price that plane would be a pass for me. Not because od the plane but the situation.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”