Sim Connect question please

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Sim Connect question please

Post by DHenriques_ »

When installing my A2A planes (all of them affected) into P3Dv5 they install until the very last dialog box concerning sim connect. That progress bar advanced 3/4 and stops and will not complete the process. The only way I can exit out is to cancel this dialog box.
Anyone else having this issue.
If so can someone help with an answer or fix?
Also, the sound is alternating loud and very soft. It cuts in and out at random. Is this a known issue and can I fix it?
Many thanks,
Dudley Henriques

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Re: Sim Connect question please

Post by Caldemeyn »

I would go first into the programs and uninstall whatever simconnect versions you have, then try again. How is your p3d installed by the way, was it only the client update ?

When you are installing the plane, look through all open windows, sometimes the most important window that has something that requires clicking through doesn't pop up first into view during the installation and halts it, i encountered something like this once or twice.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Caldemeyn wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 06:14 I would go first into the programs and uninstall whatever simconnect versions you have, then try again. How is your p3d installed by the way, was it only the client update ?

When you are installing the plane, look through all open windows, sometimes the most important window that has something that requires clicking through doesn't pop up first into view during the installation and halts it, i encountered something like this once or twice.
Thanks. I'll check this.
DH

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dudley,

The installer is basically attempting to run the legacy SimConnect installer which is already in the P3D directory. If this isn't working for some reason, you could try manually launching the SimConnect.msi file instead. By default, it's located in "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib"

Do you recall the exact text in the dialog box when you cancelled it? It's definitely related to SimConnect and not DirectX is it?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 08:30 Hello Dudley,

The installer is basically attempting to run the legacy SimConnect installer which is already in the P3D directory. If this isn't working for some reason, you could try manually launching the SimConnect.msi file instead. By default, it's located in "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib"

Do you recall the exact text in the dialog box when you cancelled it? It's definitely related to SimConnect and not DirectX is it?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick

No, it's running as the last dialog box after the Direct X acceptance window.
How do I launch the file once I locate it? Executable? And should I delete and reinstall the A2A planes since all went into the sim by cancelling this sim connect box so it couldn't complete the install properly.
D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Dudley,

No need to uninstall/reinstall any A2A planes as the install of the aircraft itself is completed before the DX9 and SimConnect dialog boxes are launched. For the *.msi, it's just a case of double-clicking to install, or you can right click and select the equivalent item from the context menu if you prefer.

The issue you describe is an usual one though, don't think I recall anyone mentioning this before.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Nick - A2A wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 10:36 Hi Dudley,

No need to uninstall/reinstall any A2A planes as the install of the aircraft itself is completed before the DX9 and SimConnect dialog boxes are launched. For the *.msi, it's just a case of double-clicking to install, or you can right click and select the equivalent item from the context menu if you prefer.

The issue you describe is an usual one though, don't think I recall anyone mentioning this before.

Thanks,
Nick
I checked programs and there isn't a sim connect showing at all. I've been having some crash to desktop issues in 2020 as well after this last huge update. I'll execute that file just to see if having it installed improves things generally.
Thanks as always.
D

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Dudley,
I had some sim connect issues in P3D5.2 early on but none of those issues since HF1.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

bullfox wrote: 28 Jul 2021, 14:03 Dudley,
I had some sim connect issues in P3D5.2 early on but none of those issues since HF1.
I just did a clean reinstall with the Hotfix' included.
D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

How you getting on now its been a week or so Dudley?

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2021, 09:11 How you getting on now its been a week or so Dudley?

cheers,
Lewis
Hi Lewis;

Believe it or not I've been concentrating heavily on 2020 and haven't been using P3D too much.
P3D seems to be working all right and our planes seem installed correctly. I did download sim connect and now have it installed on the system.
D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Lovely jubbly, I was doing a bunch of VR MSFS recently but then Sim update 5 was released and essentially broke my game by removing all the quality with no option to fix it my end for VR so waiting for the next updates for some fixes.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 05:55 Lovely jubbly, I was doing a bunch of VR MSFS recently but then Sim update 5 was released and essentially broke my game by removing all the quality with no option to fix it my end for VR so waiting for the next updates for some fixes.
Did some flying in P3Dv5 last night. It still has positive value when paired with some Orbx scenery.
Actually it's funny. With all the positive fuss about the graphics in 2020 I find the view of the Twin Bridges on the Delaware River near KILG is more accurate in P3D than in 2020.
Go figure ! LOL
D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes I annoyingly notice that VERY local to me too. in P3D (caveat with Orbx true earth) I get a kinda better view at the local field as MSFS uses some real old Bing map data for the imagery but newer vector data for the roads. So I have cars and lorries riding on fields on the local village by-pass road that exists only on the vector data. Its right under the take off path too so its always super obvious when I fly local lol.

The way I view it as I own so many sims and try to fly what I can when I can,

cheers,
Lewis

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 08:32 Yes I annoyingly notice that VERY local to me too. in P3D (caveat with Orbx true earth) I get a kinda better view at the local field as MSFS uses some real old Bing map data for the imagery but newer vector data for the roads. So I have cars and lorries riding on fields on the local village by-pass road that exists only on the vector data. Its right under the take off path too so its always super obvious when I fly local lol.

The way I view it as I own so many sims and try to fly what I can when I can,

cheers,
Lewis

Makes perfect sense. I like 2020 with some reservations and I can always fire up good 'ole P3D and fly my MUCH better A2A airplanes. :-)
D

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”