The Comanche 400 and Beech Duke

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
John Khan
Airman

The Comanche 400 and Beech Duke

Post by John Khan »

Some years ago, in the 1980s, there was a Comanche 400 at Moorabbin Airport, near Melbourne. I managed to get in it and go for a quick fly with my then instructor. It was amazing, the power of that aircraft and with just two of us and not much fuel it really got up and going.
There was also a Beech Duke, which was for sale at one of the FBOs.

I saw the video of the Comanche 400 run up some time ago, and was wondering if there is any intention for A2A to do a simulation?

Also, it would be really great to have an A2Asimulation of good piston and turbine twins. Something special like the Duke or the Rockwell Aero Commanders, which we also had in Moorabbin I do have the Real Air Dukes and they are quite good although I haven't put them on P3D V5 yet.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: The Comanche 400 and Beech Duke

Post by Scott - A2A »

Hi John,

It's been difficult for us to plan due to an unsurpassable hurdle. Based on this being overcome dramatically alters our direction. Currently we feel 80/20 this will be remedied in the short term and if so, we will likely release a piston single first. If we make it here it is going to mark a new era for A2A.

We have developed both turboprops and turbojets for the military so this technology will more than likely be in our future lineup as well. I hope this helps as it's difficult to plan with 100% certainty.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

An Accusim Turboprop is a wet dream, seriously…

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

That would be alright. Hopefully MSFS isses won't hold up P3D development as well.

John Khan
Airman

Post by John Khan »

Thanks Scott. Plenty to play with meanwhile. :D

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I'd love to see a Comanche 400 released by A2A. But clearly something has been causing a hold up with a new release, and I find it a bit worrying that Scott feels it's an 80/20 chance of being remedied in the short term.. It's been far too long since the release of a new plane by A2A.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 06:07 Hi John,

It's been difficult for us to plan due to an unsurpassable hurdle. Based on this being overcome dramatically alters our direction. Currently we feel 80/20 this will be remedied in the short term and if so, we will likely release a piston single first. If we make it here it is going to mark a new era for A2A.

We have developed both turboprops and turbojets for the military so this technology will more than likely be in our future lineup as well. I hope this helps as it's difficult to plan with 100% certainty.

Scott
If you don't mind my asking, what is this hurdle? I realize that you're very likely not at liberty to say due to an NDA or something else, but on the off chance that you can...it's worth a shot in the dark to ask, right?

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Waffler11 wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 07:54

Scott
If you don't mind my asking, what is this hurdle? I realize that you're very likely not at liberty to say due to an NDA or something else, but on the off chance that you can...it's worth a shot in the dark to ask, right?
Good plan!! Yes Scott, if you could just tell us what the hurdle is, I'm sure there quite a few guys around here that would love to be able to offer advice on how to solve the issue... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 10:38

Scott
Good plan!! Yes Scott, if you could just tell us what the hurdle is, I'm sure there quite a few guys around here that would love to be able to offer advice on how to solve the issue... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rob
I wonder if the answer to that question is in the release notes for update 5, https://www.flightsimulator.com/july-29 ... nt-update/ or in the hotfixes. It's anyone's guess, could be the electrical system fixes or …
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

jeepinforfun wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 15:18

Cheers,
Rob
I wonder if the answer to that question is in the release notes for update 5, https://www.flightsimulator.com/july-29 ... nt-update/ or in the hotfixes. It's anyone's guess, could be the electrical system fixes or …
I doubt it. This holding pattern has been in place for a good long while, several months I believe.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Waffler11 wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 15:29
jeepinforfun wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 15:18

Cheers,
Rob
I doubt it. This holding pattern has been in place for a good long while, several months I believe.
The last new release was the lovely Bonanza, on September 15th, 2018. That's a lot of months.... :(

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Updating things for P3Dv4 then v5 as well as MSFS being released seems to have stifled new releases until the new Accu-sim v4 works for both platforms. I'm just going to blame MSFS for the holdup.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I reread Scott's reply and it might mean that the proposed update 6 in September might hold the golden key to moving things along.

Sure would like to see the v-tail released for MSFS. 8)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Wasn‘t SU5 meant to be the great saviour?

I‘ll believe it when I see it ^^

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

I would love to see a A2A Piper Jetprop.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”