Problem with airport W28 - solved!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Problem with airport W28 - solved!

Post by Paughco »

Guys: I typically start my sim with a default airplane (Maule M-7) at a nearby medium to small airport. Currently it's Sequim Valley (W28). Sometimes I fly from my home field, Arlington (KAWO) to Sequim. The last couple of times that I have done that, I've noticed that the ORBX scenery isn't there at all. It's like a pool table, with a bunch of camouflage stretched across it. No hangars, airplanes, or any of that stuff. It's all there if I start a flight from there, but it's not there when I fly there from somewhere else, not even really that far away. WTF?

Maybe I fixed it. I loaded ORBX Central, and found opened up NA Northwest, and clicked on "verify." Then, just for good measure, I did the same thing for W28.

I flew my P-40 from Arlington over to Sequim, rattling a few windows along the way, and the scenery continued to look OK as I crossed Puget Sound over to Port Townsend and beyond. I could see the hot air balloons in the distance as I approached Sequim, which was a good sign. HEY! It was all there! Even that tired, red Trilander, sitting on the ramp. COOL! I shut down my P-40 and went in to the cafe for a BLT, as they overcook the burgers there. Flew back to Arlington. All is good in my scenery now. Plus, my P-40 still seriously rocks!

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”