A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
NiceAttitude
Airman Basic

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by NiceAttitude »

Waffler11 wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 13:30 Well, there’s always the Discord channel you can join if you want to see more activity. I mean, they don’t talk about the development much, but there’s plenty of banter. Fun place, actually, with a lot of discourse.
A2A has a discord server?

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

ratty wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 08:22 Will you people ever stop whining? A2A is "MIA"? Who cares?

I already have a hangar of amazing planes that offer a more realistic experience than anything else out there. There are real-world owners who have been happily flying ONE airplane for decades, and I have a DOZEN.

"But they don't work in MSFS." Again, who cares? Maybe one day it will offer the fidelity available in P3D (frankly I doubt it), but in the meantime its only claim to being "better" is that the pictures are prettier. If that's your thing, why are you so desperate to add A2A birds when there are already so many aircraft available from other manufacturers?

Please, stop complaining and just go and play.
Sorry, not sorry.

To answer your (rhetorical?) question, a lot of people care, and this topic proves it.

If YOU don't care, please, stop replying on the thread and just go and play.

regards

Yoshimura
Airman

Post by Yoshimura »

I am just back after a month or so. That's really weird we have no news yet, what is happening at A2A?
I love the smell of Avgas in the morning ;)

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Yoshimura wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 05:31 I am just back after a month or so. That's really weird we have no news yet, what is happening at A2A?
That has fallen into the mystery category.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

alexhepworth
Airman

Post by alexhepworth »

I think the delays have more to do with decisions made at Microsoft rather than A2A. That's just a hunch. PMDG has had massive delays too, and their own "roadblock" in the MSFS software that had to be overcome. Some kind of update by A2A would be nice though.

Yoshimura
Airman

Post by Yoshimura »

alexhepworth wrote: 03 Mar 2022, 20:10 I think the delays have more to do with decisions made at Microsoft rather than A2A. That's just a hunch. PMDG has had massive delays too, and their own "roadblock" in the MSFS software that had to be overcome. Some kind of update by A2A would be nice though.
But that's strange, PMDG roadblock was due to a miscommunication, a couple other planes are in beta now, Fenix A320 and Maddog MD82, Inibuilds A310 and MD-11 are advancing well.

Like Jeep said, that's a mystery.
I love the smell of Avgas in the morning ;)

MattHsv
Airman

Post by MattHsv »

Personally I am waiting for a decent realistic true to life aircraft before I take part in Full Country Tours of FS2020. I am not sure how much longer I can wait for A2A and may have to look elsewhere for a well simulated Aircraft on the FS2020 Store.
If my Hsv isn't here its at home.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

MattHsv wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 08:06 Personally I am waiting for a decent realistic true to life aircraft before I take part in Full Country Tours of FS2020. I am not sure how much longer I can wait for A2A and may have to look elsewhere for a well simulated Aircraft on the FS2020 Store.
If you can buy it outside the official store, I'd recommend doing so. I bought a lovely biplane a few months ago with the intent to tweak the flight model. Oops, you can't do that on their store purchases. It's gathering dust now.

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

MattHsv wrote: 04 Mar 2022, 08:06 …and may have to look elsewhere for a well simulated Aircraft on the FS2020 Store.
To each their own but I recommend against buying anything you might treasure on the FS2020 marketplace. They take way too much time posting updates. That’s important because each sim update stands a good chance of breaking things. Plus, if you are into warbirds, Microsoft insists on them being demilled to put them on the marketplace. For example the Flying Iron P-38 and Spitfire. Buy them from Flying Iron and you get guns. Buy them in the marketplace and the guns are gone.

There’s online stores that update pretty quick. Obviously the fastest updates will come by buying direct but you have to then deal with multiple vendors to update as they update their products. The marketplace is most convenient but you really pay for that especially as the authors issue updates. It’s the marketplace Achilles heel. Don’t know why they can’t be more responsive but they aren’t and that doesn’t look like it’s changing.

The only stuff I get through marketplace is stuff I don’t care if it’s updated much. And what Bones said - marketplace content is encrypted. You can’t go in and tweak things like you can with things that you get aftermarket. That can be important.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I bought the Carenado Cessna 337 for MSFS a couple of weeks ago, and Marketplace has been pretty quick to update it as there were some surprisingly silly errors when it first came out. This is doubly strange given that Carenado have done the 337 repeatedly before. Still, in amended form, it's pretty good even if it's not study level. Even the latest update hasn't messed it up, which is a change.

Definitely one I wish A2A would wave their magic wand over.

Speaking of updates, I wonder how much this constant updating of MSFS has messed up A2A's efforts. I have other third party addons which are constantly messed up, or repaints no longer work, and this year Asobo are apparently putting out an update bi-monthly. Logically, you'd think the updates might have an impact on A2A's schedules. It would be great if we could get an update from Scott about this (as well as their plans for my desired Cessna 337 :mrgreen: )

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Rioku
Airman First Class

Post by Rioku »

We are close to April.

I think an info update is very needed.

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

Rioku wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 08:05 We are close to April.

I think an info update is very needed.
HOW DARE YOU??? :shock:

frankattilio
Airman

Post by frankattilio »

Here mate:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73406

This thread is the closest thing to an update you can get.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Needed? What's going to happen to you if your 'needs' aren't catered for? Nothing much I suspect.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Rioku wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 08:05 I think an info update is very needed.
?????? :roll:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”