Comanche and Fs2020. What new features would you like to see?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Comanche and Fs2020. What new features would you like to see?

Post by Killratio »

"Cannons? We don't need no steeenking cannons" :lol: :lol: :lol:
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Even though it was functional and as such easy to use I‘d love to see a GUI that has less Windows98 flair and looks a bit more 21st century. And even more than the Comanche I‘d like to see the Cessnas :roll:
Public service announcement: You put an aircraft in a hangar, not a hanger.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

MaxZ wrote: 07 May 2022, 14:36 Even though it was functional and as such easy to use I‘d love to see a GUI that has less Windows98 flair and looks a bit more 21st century. And even more than the Comanche I‘d like to see the Cessnas :roll:
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Is this the Comanche GUI you're talking about? Or maybe it's MFS GUI or Cessna's GUI :?
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

This thread (and hoping for Accu-Sim's persistent aircraft state in MSFS) inspired me to look into if the Lorby-Si addon "Where Are My Aircraft" has a version for MSFS 2020. I was thrilled to learn there is a beta version of WAMA for MSFS now included in the most current download. I installed it and the core features work, albeit with the workaround of using the Windows key to toggle between MSFS and WAMA.

Using WAMA is a reminder of the GUI differences between MSFS and FSX/P3D. If A2A can get most of the current Comanche's features into MSFS I think that will be a remarkable achievement in of itself.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

Ron Attwood wrote: 07 May 2022, 17:15
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Is this the Comanche GUI you're talking about? Or maybe it's MFS GUI or Cessna's GUI :?
My apologies, that was badly phrased. I mean the Shift+2/3/xxxx menus for the different functions from turning the pilot’s sunglasses on to loading the aircraft. Those look antiquated in my opinion.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Ah. Got it. Although any GUI you're used to is a good UI. Of course, I'm an old stick-in-the-mud, I hate change for its own sake.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

The tablets that several developers are offering with their aircraft ARE kinda nice.

MaxZ
Senior Airman

Post by MaxZ »

I like it the way wing42 did in their B247, a clipboard. For GA, it doesn’t need to be a a tablet, even though I never go flying without mine in real life. Could go with a clip- or kneeboard, then again, the last thing I care about is the GUI. Concerns about the interface only come when the whole plane works and feels like it should and is considered the cherry on top. :wink:

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Just can't wait for Accusim to finally arrive in MSFS.

We've had most of the serious developers begin releasing now on the MSFS platform. Granted a lot of updates have frequently been happening that slows down development but I'm really thinking we've got to be seeing something solid from A2A soon.
ImageImage

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Mantock wrote: 10 May 2022, 10:27 Just can't wait for Accusim to finally arrive in MSFS.
What are you going to do?

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

I am looking forward to see how the ageing of the aircraft is depicted in MSFS.

We've already seen from Milviz a graphic ageing on the externals. But Accusim being much more than that, all the engine internals we can expect to have lifespans. But maybe we might see an even greater depth of engine and component ageing than we've seen up to now. Looking forward to the persistent quality of Accusim as well.

-Peter
ImageImage

I01
Staff Sergeant

Post by I01 »

It would be nice to have the ability to load the TDS750 into the panel. In my opinion the TDS750 is a reliable piece of kit, worthy of A2A aircraft. Two 750's or one 750 & a 650 would be nice.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Hoping they can bring their custom radio stack, autopilot, and pilot/passengers into MSFS instead of relying on the default.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Right now, the one feature I'd most like to see is a nice new shiny A2A plane released for me to fly in MSFS, since that sim has been behaving for me recently.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

aurel42
Airman First Class

Post by aurel42 »

My only "feature request": I wish it worked in FSEconomy out of the box, which basically just means it should use the same fuel tank configuration and naming as previous incarnations. Getting a new configuration into FSEconomy is always a major pain, especially if it's a plane that's already supported in FSE (and there already is a "Piper PA-24 Comanche (A2A)" in FSE). Owners of a C310 (in FSE) know what I'm talking about.
aurel.jpg
aurel.jpg (13.75 KiB) Viewed 511 times

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”