Website Maintenance 4th April 2022

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Website Maintenance 4th April 2022

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Happy Star Wars day everyone,

to keep the force with us we shall be updating the website today. We expect the work to not take too long and the forums should stay up though the main website will be down during the works. Whilst it would be nice to say its due to a release, it is rather in preparation for things to come so to manage expectations do not expect any new MSFS products when the site is back up. We hope to have an update in classic video form on the MSFS side of things soon.

many thanks,
A2A Simulations
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

woody901
Airman First Class

Re: Website Maintenance 4th April 2022

Post by woody901 »

Thanks for all that Lewis. Looking forward to that video. Not sure April the 4th is Star Wars day. I thought it might May the Fourth (be with you).
Mick Wood
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I knew Picard was playing a trick on me :lol:

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Thank you for not doing this on April 1

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Looks nice! 👍
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

All up and seems to be running great. Also got those points boosted for those that had points that expired 8)

thanks,
Lewis

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Lewis,
It looks fantastic! 8)

Forest
FAC257

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Can't see the difference. They're sucking up to you Lewis.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I am dissapointed in the new site layout and looks , also the products used to have pics and videos so you could see the product in use , i am also dissapointed that P3D and FSX are abandoned for FS2020 , as FS2020 is still a work in progress , and while its a work in progress , it delays new products and breaks the ones that have been released , which then need updates , i think the other sims more so P3D should still have been supported , A2A are not alone in this decision , and as such the customers are being starved of any updates or new products , as a pensioner and with rising energy costs , i for one cannot justify going to FS2020 and even P3D i would need to consider very carfully , if it was worth the cost , and no A2A P47 for P3D , so i am for now stuck with FSX , i dont expect new products for this anymore , but i do expect fixes from the producers of products that had faults , thankfully A2A dont have many faults but some are still there , like A2A B17 prop feather on engine 4 and overhead ADF 1/2 selector button can only be pushed in , once selected it cannot be pulled out and you need to open the 2d radio to get the overhead button out.
I will not buy or use a flight sim that has no WW2 warbirds .
regards Alan. 8)

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

Just wondering, where did A2A say they were no longer supporting P3D?
It's 100% sensible for any sim developer to think about and start developing for new Sims.
I do understand why some Devs have stopped supporting previous Sims, as at the end of the day, they're a business and need to move with the market to remain in business. Yes that sucks a bit for us consumers, but that's their decision.

On MSFS it has definitely improved recently, I've found the latest update has made some things a lot smoother. There are now a few decent models coming out (wing42 Boeing 274, flysimware cessna 414, and a couple of others).

There are two spitfires, a p-40 and a corsair, so there are ww2 warbirds. Whilst not the same quality as A2A, they are good in their own ways.

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Hey Alan, there are warbirds out and announced for FS2020. Some are not the best quality but some are really good. Not AccuSim, though, but really good. Depending on what you’re looking for, though, you might be surprised. PM if you want more info.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

alan CXA651 wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 00:09 I am dissapointed in the new site layout and looks , also the products used to have pics and videos so you could see the product in use
They still do. Just make sure to click the main image, not the 'quick view' banner. Then it will open a new page with pics and videos etc. :)

Like this page for example: https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu ... ainer-fsx/

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Mustang.
When i complained about lack of product videos , they where not on the new site , but they are now , thanks .
Still dont like the new site though , it just does not look right , it seems to cluttered to me .
regards Alan. 8)

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

I don't like the new website because I'm so used to the old layout. I am guessing, just like most new things, the new layout will become better as I get used to it. Then, in 5 years when they change it again, I'll make the exact same complaint.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

I like the new website because it hopefully means we’ll get the MSFS Comanche soon 😜
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”