MSFS Transferable Persistent Data?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

MSFS Transferable Persistent Data?

Post by Blitzer »

Hey A2A team, something I have been wondering for a while is that when we do start seeing A2A aircraft in MSFS: Will our persistent data and Hobbs hours from P3D/FSX be transferred? Or perhaps if the improved Accusim differs would it be possible for the data to be converted?

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Re: MSFS Transferable Persistent Data?

Post by Blitzer »

BUMP…

Any news on this?

Mace
Airman First Class

Post by Mace »

Blitzer wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 07:18 BUMP…

Any news on this?
I don't have any news, but isn't the Hobbs data stored in a text file? If this trend continues you could conceivably transfer your hours. I'm sure we'll know more as time passes.
Rhett

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

I have never seen a text file for the Hobbs, do you know where to find it?
I know where to find the data files for the persistent status in which I would have expected the Hobbs times to also be recorded. It seems like a relatively straightforward query to A2A team could answer, not as if it really gives anything away regarding potential new features….

Mace
Airman First Class

Post by Mace »

In the past if we got a new PC we could go to /Documents/A2A/FSX/Cherokee180 (for example) and copy in those files to the new PC.

However, I don't know if A2A will have MSFS persistent state set up the same way or not.
Rhett

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Mace wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 16:48 In the past if we got a new PC we could go to /Documents/A2A/FSX/Cherokee180 (for example) and copy in those files to the new PC.

However, I don't know if A2A will have MSFS persistent state set up the same way or not.
Exactly, hence my question. :wink:
With previously mentioned changes to Accusim and potential new features that may be introduced in MSFS it would be good to know if our original data file would still be used (or converted) so any pre-existing state and hours would be carried over. E.g. I know I have 450+ hours in the FSX/P3D Comanche with rather worn cylinders and wear and tear, I would really like that to continue in MSFS. :?:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

this wont be possible as there are a whole host of new changes coming with regards to the persistence and what is modelled and saved in YOUR personal aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Blitzer »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 07:14 Hello,

this wont be possible as there are a whole host of new changes coming with regards to the persistence and what is modelled and saved in YOUR personal aircraft.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated. I guess there is no possibility of A2A developing a simple tool to convert the existing data to create a compatible file? Admittedly unless each data file has the same structure this would likely be unfeasible - but any chance the hours could be taken from the original data files? :?: :|

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”