Thrustmaster rudder pedals

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

Thrustmaster rudder pedals

Post by awash2002 »

While I was at Sun N Fun last week I bought the Thrustmaster T Flight Rudder pedals and I should have only bought Thrustmaster equipment. I'm considering buying the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke to complete my setup and bravo throttle later this year

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Re: Thrustmaster rudder pedals

Post by wblackret »

Hey there. I purchased the T.P.R. Pedals along with the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo last year. Currently spend most of my time between P3D 4.5 and MSFS 2020 and the set up works fine. Initially, I had downloaded the TM calibration software to set up the pedals, but found that they work better (for me) if I only use them as plug & play, so I deleted the TM calibration software.
I believe you’ll enjoy the combination of all three devices. There are plenty of You-tube videos out there for setting things up.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

My setup is Logitech Extreme 3D flight stick Thrustmaster Throttle

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

I have both the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo as well, and I use the Saitek Pro Pedals, and have no issues with them working together at all. I use the pedals in DCS, MSFS, IL-2 Great Battles, and(till recently) Elite:Dangerous.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

How do you find the pitch axis on the Honeycomb Alpha? I tried it at the Aerosoft stand at a show shortly before it went on release, but I found the pitch axis really stiff and totally out of balance with the roll axis. This was without it hooked up to a simulator though which likely impacts the experience. I wondered if that 'feature' carried through to the production models.

I have had the Saitek yoke, throttles and pedals for over a decade now. Last year I did the 'rubber band' mod on the yoke to help alleviate the notch in the centre of the pitch axis. There's still a tiny dead zone in the potentiometers which can't be removed, but the overall motion is much better. I should have done it sooner! One of the throttle axes is really spikey so I think the Honeycomb Bravo might be the next purchase lined up for future. After that, maybe new pedals, but I find the Saitek ones perfectly adequate to be honest - even with helicopters in DCS. I've perhaps been lucky that they've worked flawlessly all this time.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

Next year I plan on getting both the Alpha yoke and Bravo throttles

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I know what you mean with regards to the Alpha pitch forces feeling really stiff compared to the roll axis. I just adjusted the sensitivity of the axis through P3D until I found the amount of resistance that felt correct.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”