Ground Friction P3D4

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Ground Friction P3D4

Post by GaryRR »

I know it has probably been covered at length but can anyone suggest ways to reduce ground friction when moving from a stop that is annoying the FSX/P3D code?
Thanks.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Ground Friction P3D4

Post by MarcE »

I don‘t think Accusim uses default P3d ground friction at all.. the planes have alwas felt much more responsive to power on the ground than others. Could it be that your brakes are applied slightly? Maybe a bad calibration?

GaryRR
Staff Sergeant

Post by GaryRR »

Could be. My CH Pedals were used. Maybe the pots are wearing. Sometimes takeoff roll tracking is crazy to. I'm consider a pair of Saitek rudder pedals. Some aircraft are terrible on takeoff. I have the 421C with Andi Kunzi Physics mod and can scarce keep it on the runway on takeoff. I recalibrate often.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

When I had CH pedals, I used to calibrate the brakes by first slipping a CD case under the pedals so as to create a “buffer” between brakes applied and released. This works really well as long as your CH pedals last! New pedals are nice, too! 😂

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

GaryRR,

I think ACCUSIM is limited by the FSX/P3D ground friction code, which is why you'll never see a true real world type groundloop in the sim. The "brakes partially applied" thing though, is very valid for CH pedals. That's what I was using when I got my first A2A airplane, the T-6 for FSX, 3 years ago and that's when I realized that what I thought was a sim brake dragging issue, was really the CH pedals' brake functions. I also could not control the T-6 on takeoff just the way you're describing, so after some troubleshooting I bought a set of Saitek/Logitech pedals and that solved the issue completely. You won't be sorry if you upgrade to Saitek and relegate your CH pedals to the status of paper weight...

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”