Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Pre Beta Screenshots

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by Daube »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 21:33 At the same time we do have to make good choices with our time. It's been a long two years in the trenches but this is where a fresh and adaptable technology changes the outcome by opening up so many more possibilities.
Scott, don't get me wrong.
I'm a long-time customer and I know very well what Accusim can bring to the sim. This is the reason why I still haven't bought any warbird for MSFS (with the exception of the Corsair from Milviz because we all know you will never develop that model), because no matter the talent of other developers, I just know these models would be just plainly boring to use, with their life-less engines and organs.

For people like us, there's absolutely no doubt the future iteration of Accusim for MSFS is going to blow our minds.
My remark was simply about the fact that, in my opinion, the only crowd that will be really receptive to these advancements are the "already captive" customers from FSX/P3D.
Since the Comanche is not yet available in any shape for MSFS, I'm sure it will somehow help to increase your customers volume, which means increasing revenue, which hopefully means increasing your ressources and development speed for new releases. I simply don't think that releasing another Mustang today, even with Accusim, would bring that much more customers.
And that's the reason why I have no hopes at all to see any Accusim warbirds from A2A released for MSFS in the next few years.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 21:33 There will be a video demonstrating what our new Accu-Sim can do prior to the Comanche's release. It's pure power and adaptability that allows us to create as if our team expanded by a factor of 10. There is nothing out there like it.
Scott.
Historically it was around 2 releases per year. Now 2 releases per year, multiplied by 10 in creative power... 20 a year confirmed! :o

jk

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Accu-Sim is mainly for anyone who wishes to own and operate a real airplane.

Just an example, the new system can experience fuel leaks in different areas. I had a fuel leak once in the Comanche, it was no fun. Some fuel leaks are detectable by a lower fuel pressure and/or higher / erratic numbers on the fuel totalizer. Leaks after the pump can get worse with higher pressure. Some may only leak with pressure. And some are silent, not showing up on any gauges except a fuel gauge that goes down quicker than expected. It's this sort of troubleshooting one has to do in the cockpit should something like this happen. "Hm, I'm normally not burning this much fuel at this power setting...." "Is that fuel level lower than expected?" This is for those who dream of the entire pilot experience.

However it's more than this. A developer fails getting ordinary people interested in their high end sim because they did lousy job making things real or right. I've said this a million times, "Real is fun." Place a kid in a real cockpit. Whatch his or her eyes open. This happens when the 3d model is beautiful. Now ask the kid to engage the starter, the engine cranks, sputters, then comes to life. That kid actually gets adrenaline. Why? Because it's real and he can feel the engine. Now ask to fly. Same thing, they can feel the wings floating on air. The same thing happens to any person when they step inside of this new Comanche. I know there are some that don't believe this. IMO it's only because they don't understand it. And I am good with that. :wink:

Accu-Sim appeals to both the in depth pilot and the ordinary person. That's because real airplanes are magical.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Iadbound
Airman

Post by Iadbound »

Scott - A2A wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 12:54
Accu-Sim appeals to both the in depth pilot and the every day person. That's because real airplanes are magical.
Great to see that level of excitement, and hopefully it will translate well (or better) to MSFS.

And returning to my inevitable self-interest, I sincerely hope the 172 comes after the Comanche. :D

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 12:54 Just an example, the new system can experience fuel leaks in different areas. I had a fuel leak once in the Comanche, it was no fun. Some fuel leaks are detectable by a lower fuel pressure and/or higher / erratic numbers on the fuel totalizer. Leaks after the pump can get worse with higher pressure. Some may only leak with pressure. And some are silent, not showing up on any gauges except a fuel gauge that goes down quicker than expected. It's this sort of troubleshooting one has to do in the cockpit should something like this happen. "Hm, I'm normally not burning this much fuel at this power setting...." "Is that fuel level lower than expected?" This is for those who dream of the entire pilot experience.
I'd go as far as saying that any fuel leak readily detectable on instruments is fairly significant leak. :) Sometimes there are areas that are not necessarily accessed in every pre-flight just having signs of 'sweating' or perhaps a smell of fuel. This may be the first sign of a degrading hose or a loosening connection, and all that there is to detect before an actual failure, resulting in a leak requiring prompt action.

-Esa

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

AKar wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 13:26 I'd go as far as saying that any fuel leak readily detectable on instruments is fairly significant leak. :)
Yes, an we simulate something from the most minor to a fuel line bursting. Also, agreed, a bursting line is extremely rare in real life and likewise in Accu-Sim.
A2A Simulations Inc.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Scott - A2A wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 13:39 Yes, an we simulate something from the most minor to a fuel line bursting. Also, agreed, a bursting line is extremely rare in real life and likewise in Accu-Sim.
In a bit larger systems, counting the drops in a minute was a way to determine whether it was go or no-go. Though mostly in hyds, and some other such, a bit less flammable systems; fuel should not generally leak out from places it is not supposed to. But if it does, what is surprising perhaps is how much of a noticeable pattern even a drop-in-a-minute leak can do.

Just thinking aloud, bridging the gap from things that are potentially only detectable in pre-flight without necessarily any deterioration in the cockpit indications all the way to a nasty surprise. :)

-Esa

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Scott - A2A wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 12:54 Accu-Sim is mainly for anyone who wishes to own and operate a real airplane.

Just an example, the new system can experience fuel leaks in different areas. I had a fuel leak once in the Comanche, it was no fun. Some fuel leaks are detectable by a lower fuel pressure and/or higher / erratic numbers on the fuel totalizer. Leaks after the pump can get worse with higher pressure. Some may only leak with pressure. And some are silent, not showing up on any gauges except a fuel gauge that goes down quicker than expected. It's this sort of troubleshooting one has to do in the cockpit should something like this happen. "Hm, I'm normally not burning this much fuel at this power setting...." "Is that fuel level lower than expected?" This is for those who dream of the entire pilot experience.

However it's more than this. A developer fails getting ordinary people interested in their high end sim because they did lousy job making things real or right. I've said this a million times, "Real is fun." Place a kid in a real cockpit. Whatch his or her eyes open. This happens when the 3d model is beautiful. Now ask the kid to engage the starter, the engine cranks, sputters, then comes to life. That kid actually gets adrenaline. Why? Because it's real and he can feel the engine. Now ask to fly. Same thing, they can feel the wings floating on air. The same thing happens to any person when they step inside of this new Comanche. I know there are some that don't believe this. IMO it's only because they don't understand it. And I am good with that. :wink:

Accu-Sim appeals to both the in depth pilot and the ordinary person. That's because real airplanes are magical.

Scott
I love it when you talk dirty.
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

Scott - A2A wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 13:39
AKar wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 13:26 I'd go as far as saying that any fuel leak readily detectable on instruments is fairly significant leak. :)
Yes, an we simulate something from the most minor to a fuel line bursting. Also, agreed, a bursting line is extremely rare in real life and likewise in Accu-Sim.
This is exactly some of the news I was hoping for. In 2022 we're all too often fed by the instant gratification monster; it's hard to keep the excitement bottled up. Hearing your own excitement and enthusiasm, Scott, makes waiting both easier and harder at the same time. Very grateful for the update. I'll still be checking every day for more. :D

Cobber55
Airman

Post by Cobber55 »

[quote="Scott - A2A" post_id=561386 time=1670262845 user_id=3]
Accu-Sim is mainly for anyone who wishes to own and operate a real airplane….
Scott
[/quote]
I’ve only trimmed Scott’s quote for brevity but agree with it all. I’ve been away from A2A since 2008 (RL etc.) but remember my A2A P40 in FSX with fondness and admiration. I think it was my best sim flying experience from that time. If the Comanche is of similar quality in the modern environment of MSFS2020/DCS/IL-2 etc., then I shall be very happy to wait until the devs feel it is ready for release. MSFS seems littered with modules that are not complete on release and/or suffer from relying on it’s somewhat flawed flight model. I’ve only had enough real world flight lessons to take off and do some general flying. I never had enough funds to get my private pilot’s licence so what do I know but taking off in MSFS with some modules just feels a little weird. Some devs get close but I’ve wondered when A2A would appear there. I think DCS has a much better flight experience within its limits, IL-2 has a really good multiplayer air combat experience (WWI and WWII) and MSFS is a patchy experience but has the whole world to fly in which is rather compelling so I persist.
Snowy

Tony73
Airman First Class

Post by Tony73 »

Hello team !
Months pass, but we have no news, are you still working on the Comanche ?! I can't wait to fly it !!
I found photos during my trip around the world with the Comanche on FSX! :)

Image Image

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Tony73 wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 07:21 Hello team !
Months pass, but we have no news, are you still working on the Comanche ?! I can't wait to fly it !!
I found photos during my trip around the world with the Comanche on FSX! :)
https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewt ... 31#p561364
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Tony73
Airman First Class

Post by Tony73 »

Thanks you ! I Had not seen this thread :)
Image Image

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Tony73 wrote: 07 Dec 2022, 12:01 Thanks you ! I Had not seen this thread :)
No problem!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”