Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Pre Beta Screenshots

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim Comanche MSFS Cockpit Screenshots

Post by Ron Attwood »

Daube wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 13:26 The problem is that many planes that A2A did for previous sims have already been released for MSFS by other makers.
Of course, these addons are nowhere near the quality of an Accusim bird. Unfortunately, that didn't stop the "casual" MSFS users to buy them. And because of this, these same users probably won't buy the "same" plane again once A2A releases their version of it.

This means that if A2A would release for example a Mustang or a Connie today, only a tiny portion of the MSFS users (us, those who "know" what A2A is about) would buy it. The potential sales volume would be way too small.
On the opposite, If they would release an Accusim Comanche, the sales would be higher because there is no other Comanche available yet for MSFS.

Given the fact that the Spitfire, the P40, the P51, the Connie and the T-6 have all already been released for MSFS, I can hardly imagine A2A having any motivation to invest time in developing these planes.
I wish they had released a non-Accusim version of these birds at first, before other makers provided them, to "capture" the market so to say.
There's a worthwhile Mustang AND a T-6 for MSFS? Presumably you mean the 'Reno' versions. With due respect your standards a set pretty low. If you mean the Airplane Heaven Mustang, a little better but way short of A2A standards
The Connie I have no view on, not my kinda thing, but the Spitfire by FlyingIron for MSFS is very good. Carenado's V35 comes nowhere near. It is typical Carenado insipidness. Looks can deceive.

There may be some of us oldies die off before the Comanche but I'll keep the oxygen by my side...Just in case!
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 15:04 There may be some of us oldies die off before the Comanche but I'll keep the oxygen by my side...Just in case!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Ron Attwood wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 15:04
Daube wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 13:26 The problem is that many planes that A2A did for previous sims have already been released for MSFS by other makers.
Of course, these addons are nowhere near the quality of an Accusim bird. Unfortunately, that didn't stop the "casual" MSFS users to buy them. And because of this, these same users probably won't buy the "same" plane again once A2A releases their version of it.

This means that if A2A would release for example a Mustang or a Connie today, only a tiny portion of the MSFS users (us, those who "know" what A2A is about) would buy it. The potential sales volume would be way too small.
On the opposite, If they would release an Accusim Comanche, the sales would be higher because there is no other Comanche available yet for MSFS.

Given the fact that the Spitfire, the P40, the P51, the Connie and the T-6 have all already been released for MSFS, I can hardly imagine A2A having any motivation to invest time in developing these planes.
I wish they had released a non-Accusim version of these birds at first, before other makers provided them, to "capture" the market so to say.
There's a worthwhile Mustang AND a T-6 for MSFS? Presumably you mean the 'Reno' versions. With due respect your standards a set pretty low.
With due respect your reading should not stop at the first sentence ;)

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

The problem is that many planes that A2A did for previous sims have already been released for MSFS by other makers.
But not very well. Unless you're not fussy. :D

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

FSX had a partly decent C-172. Didn’t stop our hosts making one. And a Cub. It had a 737NG. How many companies made those? At least two. 747? Yep… third party versions too…

The market is just sooo much bigger.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

It's not what I was talking about.
The "market" you are mentioning is just the old-time, serious simmers. Those who *know* about the quality of addons.
This market is very small (better say "ridiculous", in fact), compared to the casual gamers who are buying from their XBox in the marketplace.

I don't remember if it was Aerosoft or PMDG who said it nicely: when they released their first plane for MSFS, it sold more copies in a few days than everything they ever sold on ALL the other older sims.
That's because they sold it not only to "us" regular simmers, but also to that whole new crowd of casual gamers.
These casual gamers bought the plane because it appeared on the market. If the same plane appears again by another editor, these casual gamers won't buy it. Only some of the regular simmers will buy it, IF and only IF it's better than the previous one. But casual gamers won't take the time to evaluate that.

So if A2A releases today a Spitfire, a Mustang or a P40, even though the quality will be much higher than the currently available planes on the market, only the regular simmers will buy them. The casual gamers already have a Spitfire, a Mustang and a P40, so they won't buy "another one", because they won't care how much better these actually are. So despite the bigger market, A2A will not make higher sales. This also means they'll have to keep their prices to the traditional level, because of the lower sales volumes. That's a very bad news for us.

The other bad news would be that lower sales volume would mean lower revenue, which means A2A wouldn't be able to grow and speed up their production or Accusim planes. Another bad news for us.

For all of the reasons above, I don't think A2A will invest efforts in developping their warbirds again for the MSFS market. They'll probably try to focus on other models, GA only, that are not available on the market yet.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Sad enough, but I have to fully agree with how you put it...
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

A2A will sell just fine, but they really should hype it up some for marketing purposes. PMDG was extremely interactive in their development and it paid off big.

A2A, we know next to nothing until one day it will be released.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

MSFS sold a touch over a Million downloads in the first week, if A2A sold one release to 10,000 simmers at 50 bucks a pop that's a half a mil right there. Even though they haven't released anything in around two years it wouldn't take long for word of mouth to hype a new bird.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

twsharp12 wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 09:02 A2A, we know next to nothing until one day it will be released.
I think we'll get a promo video flashing off some new features about a week before release. But I guess they won't want to release it too early in case the release is delayed. The risk is real since the base sim is being regularly updated, so the goalposts keep moving.

Nevertheless, a small teaser would be welcome... or maybe it would make it worse. I'm not sure at this point :mrgreen:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Nevertheless, a small teaser would be welcome... or maybe it would make it worse. I'm not sure at this point
By teaser I guess you mean a video? No need, we know what a Comanche looks like. We've got one...or two...No, three! :D

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

If not a teaser, then maybe a slightly more precise idea of when they expect release. We've all heard "soon" but the definition of soon seems to vary. Days? Weeks? Months? Soon is very relative is all I'm saying. There is a very broad spectrum.

A2a has all these excited and loyal customers and prospective customers that are super passionate about their product, I would expect bringing them along to experience the development process would only strengthen the bond they have with the company. I know 0, diddly, nada about programming/modeling/animation etc, however, I have been in sales most of my adult life and I would be elated to have customers so organically engaged about a product or process. The usual route involves paying sales people a lot of money to convince prospects that they really need or want the product. A2a's products are good enough to make their customers the sales people. I really think they should feed that and maybe be able to capture the "casual gamers" that we're assuming wouldn't be interested. This is, after all, the closest that some people ever get to aviation, and even if realism isn't their goal, the casualest of gamers still wants the latest hype plane everyone is talking about. A little hype behind a decent product is how empires are built. Just look at the fruit phones :wink: How about a little hype behind a GREAT product? Even better.

As I've mentioned before, I've never had the opportunity to be an A2a customer yet, but all of you have convinced me that it's the best thing ever (it also helps that I have a soft spot for Comanches), so I'm only advocating that a little more customer engagement / transparency might convince even more people of the same thing.

I really do mean all this lightheartedly. If only based on what I've seen from the previous releases, I have no doubt that the plane will be a complete success regardless. I'm sure the A2a crew are working as hard as they can and want this out just as badly as the rest of us. And they are probably tired of our whining. But don't fret crew! All these whiners (this one especially) just want to throw money at you; you'll be ok :D :wink:

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Well said... I'll be angry, a little whiney, but I'll pay day 1, showing myself to be a hypocrite.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Daube wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 08:30...Another bad news for us...I don't think A2A will invest efforts in developping their warbirds again for the MSFS market. They'll probably try to focus on other models, GA only, that are not available on the market yet.
We have never followed the $, but rather follow our passion and the $ finds its way. At the same time we do have to make good choices with our time. It's been a long two years in the trenches but this is where a fresh and adaptable technology changes the outcome by opening up so many more possibilities. There will be a video demonstrating what our new Accu-Sim can do prior to the Comanche's release. It's pure power and adaptability that allows us to create as if our team expanded by a factor of 10. There is nothing out there like it.

Having said that, we still need our beta team to chew on this for a few weeks to truly know how release ready it is. We're just days from getting it to Dudley for a first test, then if nothing crazy comes up, it goes to our beta team.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

I'm calling it. Release day is either 22nd Dec, Thursday before Christmas (unlikely) or Thursday 8th Jan (more likely as its past most of the holiday period and couple of days before the weekend). :D
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “Comanche 250 for MSFS”