FIXED Planes Falling In Runway P3D

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
STXPilot81
Airman Basic

FIXED Planes Falling In Runway P3D

Post by STXPilot81 »

Well folks I tracked the bug down that's plagued the community for quite sometime!!! The infamous crash loop has been solved! You will need to enable the "show hidden system files" in the view options of File Explorer and of course have admin rights, or be logged in as Administrator. I will drop a link at the end that has a more in depth look at the findings for those interested on avsim. So here it is, "Nutshell Version":

1. Navigate to: c:\users\Administrator"username you use p3d logged in as"\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d
2. Once in the Prepar3d directory right click on Prepar3d.cfg and open it with a text editor; Notepad will do just fine!
3. Now access the find menu of the text editor of your choice "Notepad for windows": Press Ctrl + F and search for: DEMO
4. Insert two forward slashes to comment both lines out beginning with DEMO; one entry is DEMO=0 or 1 and the other is DEMO_Startup=
5. Save the file and exit the editor and go up 3 directories and enter the Local Directory, Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d\
6. Right click on Prepar3D_Default.fxml and open it with a text editor and search for HEIGHT
6. It will find two <Property Name Fields> of OnPlatformHeight and the values will be -999999 simply change both of those negative values to 4 and save the file and close it, and you are done! Somehow, something is throwing those values out of whack, I will be conducting more tests to try and pinpoint just what it is exactly, I actually got lucky and stumbled onto a post that led me to search and search until I found THE CURE!!!!!

Thank you all for your time, oh and if anyone knows how to get planes to stop retracting the landing gear before I even get it started, all that help would greatly be aprreciated...Evenin FOLKS!!!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”