Any audio/technical experts here?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
G-BJPS
Master Sergeant

Any audio/technical experts here?

Post by G-BJPS »

Hey folks, so I managed to get a PS5 (digital edition) earlier this week and immediately ran into a problem.

The headset I had for years, that works perfectly well on my PS4 Pro is a Corsair H1500, (wired usb) doesn't work on PS5.

I brought a compatible PS5 headset (Pulse 3d) but immediately noticed the audio quality is very poor compared to old headset and PS4 Pro.

A heads up for anyone wanting to get a PS5 - after almost a week of research and looking for answers online, the general consensus seems to be that whatever headset people use on PS5, the audio quality is subpar to that of the PS4/PS4 Pro.
Also the PS5 does not have a Optical out port.
Apparently Sony is aware of all the issues but seemingly not willing to fix it.

The main issue, especially USB wise, is that the PS4/PS4 Pro have Gen 1 USB, whereas the PS5 only supports Gen 2 USB.

So with all that said, is there any way I could get my old headset to work? And is there such a thing as a USB Gen 1 to Gen 2 adapter/converter?

Some people are even using external sound cards or DAC's to improve audio quality, but I've yet to see one that has a USB audio out socket on it.

Cheers, John.
Cub. Cherokee. C182. Comanche 250. Spitfire. T-6. B-17. B377. Connie

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”