We have never been good about talking about projects in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Bat29
Airman

Re: We have never been good about talking about projects in development

Post by Bat29 »

Thanks for the update Scott. This is super exciting! Sounds like you're really getting the results you wanted to see with Accusim and the new tech your team has implemented within MSFS. This gives me hope in the future for MSFS in terms of what really can be done with the sim, which is highly impressive and such a sigh of relief for me for the sims sake. Flight Simulation has always been a wonderful hobby for me over the years and even I dare say a major learning tool for me when used appropriately. Although there are some really great add-ons for MSFS when it comes down the GA scene of add-ons etc. Nothing comes close to the detail of an A2A aircraft and I'm reminded of this every time I fly in the sim with the add-ons that are currently out GA speaking. PMDG, Fenix and a few others are doing great things for the sim, in terms of study level airliners I will say.

Scott, I want to share this with you and not to sound all mushy. Ever since your P-47 for FS2004 and then the release of Accusim for FSX I was hooked since. That's when I found out about A2A. Your company fulfilled something special for me, you opened the door for me to the curiosity of aviation and intrigued me to take on flying in real life. You're a very big reason why I fell in love with aviation in general when I was younger which started as a curiosity in a flight simulation environment. Due to financial constraints these days for me, I can't fly anymore at this time. So flight simulation for me is a big deal, especially now. It's what I have left to keep me connected in the aviation circle and to stay fresh mentally in regards to what I have learned, procedures etc. This is where your company stands out from the rest of the competition in the industry IMHO.

While other developers quickly throws together a product to keep "up" with the industry and or make a quick buck to cater to a broad audience or casual "simmer/gamer" which is fine, but even in some cases a dumb down movement I see in the industry which is sad. You and your team take you're time to do it right and offer something truly special. It shows in your products, your videos, your documentation, your presentation and your passion for aviation in your demeanor. I love that about A2A and you. I know others here feel the same way too. In my opinion, you have done everything you needed to do to get to the point you're at right now. Not to forget that MSFS has undergone some serious changes in the SDK since release. Instead of being side tracked getting involved with keeping up with the "joneses" and or getting yourself into a time sensitive commitment for a rushed product etc you're behind the scenes passing them all by 8)

Good luck on your Beta testing with Dudley and the rest of the team. Thank you for being focused with this project. I wish you and the A2A team all the best, We love you Scott!

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 15:58 For various reasons, we've always gone silent when developing. That is largely because we are just having at it, as a team, every day until we reach our goals.
Thanks Scott. I've never had a problem with A2A's communication. I prefer detailed information over hype and vague development updates. In fact, I would be fine if you don't say another word about MSFS until the moment you drop the First Look video on the Comanche. I love surprises!

Aaron
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

GL_64
Senior Airman

Post by GL_64 »

Will it support the 2 GTNs from PMS and TDS ?

qnh1013
Airman Basic

Post by qnh1013 »

I would love to see a development video or something narrated by Scott in the lead up to release. Past videos back in the FSX days made me appreciate A2A's work so much.

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

qnh1013 wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 02:22 I would love to see a development video or something narrated by Scott in the lead up to release. Past videos back in the FSX days made me appreciate A2A's work so much.
This. Best "ASMR" out there is scott explaining the quirks of a dual-speed spitfire propeller :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CrownCityMisfit
Senior Airman

Post by CrownCityMisfit »

Genista wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 14:31 Best "ASMR" out there is scott explaining the quirks of a dual-speed spitfire propeller
Absolutely. In an alternate universe, Scott has a wildly successful career as an audiobook narrator. At the risk of sounding creepy... I'd love to fall asleep to the sound of Scott's voice reading my favorite books. :oops:
10900k | 3090 | Win10 | C4D | Adobe Suite | Cinema 4D | Unity
MSFS |The Skypark | Orbx | Milviz | PMDG | anxiously waiting for A2A
Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | CH Pro Pedals |Stream Deck XL

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

CrownCityMisfit wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 19:06
Genista wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 14:31 Best "ASMR" out there is scott explaining the quirks of a dual-speed spitfire propeller
Absolutely. In an alternate universe, Scott has a wildly successful career as an audiobook narrator. At the risk of sounding creepy... I'd love to fall asleep to the sound of Scott's voice reading my favorite books. :oops:
Indeed a very calming and pleasant voice ^^

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”