We have never been good about talking about projects in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

We have never been good about talking about projects in development

Post by Scott - A2A »

For various reasons, we've always gone silent when developing. That is largely because we are just having at it, as a team, every day until we reach our goals. Historically we would release two airplanes a year and the quiet time was only a few months. This time it's been a few years.

However, one perception that is bothersome (nobody's fault but mine) is "A2A are just making projects for the military and don't care about us." While we have made aircraft for the US military, starting over two yeas ago, we decided internally not to take on any more projects and concentrate 100% on bringing a brand new Accu-Sim technology into MSFS. And we've been working on this non stop since. We didn't expect this to take this long, in fact, we're well over a year longer than we expected. So we just stopped "talking" on the forums because, it's just "talk." And we don't want to continue getting people's hopes up and continue to miss deadlines. This is unfortunately the nature of developing something new. You can't predict how long it will take because the book of how to do it hasn't yet been written.

The current Accu-Sim Comanche continues to be worked on at a feverish pace and we're just days from Dudley test flying it, then if all goes well, to our beta team. Every aspect of Accu-Sim has been re-done with the future in mind. This new system is light years ahead of what we had before and will carry us 10 years or more into the future. However we can still experience delays. Once the beta team has it for say two weeks, we will know more about its true release state.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: We have never been good about talking about projects in development

Post by TreeTops »

Fantastic to hear of the progress Scott.
Is the aim of the new Accu-Sim to be powerful enough to allow the detail of the Bonanza (tapping gauges) into something as big and complex as a multi-engined plane like the B377 or Connie? Obviously back when these planes were developed the FSX platform was very much the limiting factor. A big part of the big COTS planes was looking after the engines, so it was a little disappointing to only have a singe overhaul button, unlike the B-17 which allowed us to drill down to the piston level.
Cheers
Trev

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

Scott - A2A wrote: 04 Dec 2022, 15:58 For various reasons, we've always gone silent when developing. That is largely because we are just having at it, as a team, every day until we reach our goals. Historically we would release two airplanes a year and the quiet time was only a few months. This time it's been a few years.

However, one perception that is bothersome (nobody's fault but mine) is "A2A are just making projects for the military and don't care about us." While we have made aircraft for the US military, starting over two yeas ago, we decided internally not to take on any more projects and concentrate 100% on bringing a brand new Accu-Sim technology into MSFS. And we've been working on this non stop since. We didn't expect this to take this long, in fact, we're well over a year longer than we expected. So we just stopped "talking" on the forums because, it's just "talk." And we don't want to continue getting people's hopes up and continue to miss deadlines. This is unfortunately the nature of developing something new. You can't predict how long it will take because the book of how to do it hasn't yet been written.

The current Accu-Sim Comanche continues to be worked on at a feverish pace and we're just days from Dudley test flying it, then if all goes well, to our beta team. Every aspect of Accu-Sim has been re-done with the future in mind. This new system is light years ahead of what we had before and will carry us 10 years or more into the future. However we can still experience delays. Once the beta team has it for say two weeks, we will know more about its true release state.

Scott
Thank you for the heads-up Scott.

I know no great project in humankind that respected deadlines. Be it airliners, ships, nuclear plants, stadiums, bridges... We can do our job properly, or we can work in a hurry, but never both at the same.

A2A has set certain standards in the flight sim industry, and MSFS is one crazy horse to work with. No points pushing a plane if half the flight model is wrong. When people buy an accusim product, they expect the plane to fly by the book. They expect to be able to find why people say certain things about the airplane. With A2A you understand why pilots say ground handling is not the finest quality of the T-6, or why the V-tail can be dangerous in bold hands :D

It is very exciting to see what will come next. I do miss the accusim round engines... Especially when there was 4 of them... 8)

Cheers !

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Thanks, Scott and crew!

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

The update is appreciated. I hope you make good progress so you can enjoy a well-earned Christmas break in a few weeks.

If the community can help, be sure to let us know :wink: (I don't just mean the testing, there's also proofreading of a manual and more besides, I'm sure!)

shirer.ra
Airman Basic

Post by shirer.ra »

Really appreciate the update <3

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Dear Scott,

I'm really happy to hear from you, and hope that you all have much fun developing the future of A2A Simulations!

At the same time, I hope you give X-Plane 12 a good and long look, as it's shaping up to be a fantastic simulator too.

Accusim being simulator agnostic would be perfection... :-)

Yours, faithfully,

Erik / Medtner
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Thanks for the update Scott,

excited for whats around the corner and for the future releases with your new and fully upgraded Accusim technology!

Question: When you developed the B377, all the research you did going into that, would you be able to produce a version for MSFS based off all your original research, or would you need to go back and do more research at a more detailed level? Just.....asking for a friend :lol:

Regards,
-Peter
ImageImage

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

thank you so much for the update Scott. Just you saying the new accu-sim is light years ahead is just incredible news. I mean, I still maintain there is nothing like it on FSX still to this day, it's going to be super amazing with the power of FSXI (MSFS).

Really super hoping the B377 with COTS all updated will be on that platform in the future.
Amazing everything. That is A2A.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Mantock wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 04:48Question: When you developed the B377, all the research you did going into that, would you be able to produce a version for MSFS based off all your original research, or would you need to go back and do more research at a more detailed level?
The new Accu-Sim engine is so impressive it can tell us how an airplane will fly before we even fly it. Just by building the actual airplane, prop and engine. To give an example, the first time we built the Comanche using the new physics tech I added full power and the nose went way up. And I thought "that's not right." Now keep in mind, I've flown this Comanche since 2012, over 1000 hrs. It's like a nice broken in pair of shoes. However I learned something, that we as pilots do things in the cockpit subconsciously. When a pilot adds power in an airplane, he or she naturally and without consciousness, applies forward pressure on the yoke. It's just pure habit and instinct because, after many hours of flying the brain automates this action. So I took the Comanche up to test this so I could "tune it" in the sim. It turned out it was exactly correct. Speed, attitude, climb rate, ball deflection and rudder required were spot on. No tuning required. Just to get this right before required about 100 sim load/tweak/load actions. This new tech, right out of the gates, spot on.

Same exact thing happened later with the flaps. In the Comanche, with it's unique manual flaps, the nose goes up and down as if it's connected to the flap lever and stops. But in the sim after the initial nose down, the nose went up after and I thought again "this isn't right." So I went up again, hands off the yoke, dropped the flaps. Immediate nose down as I remembered so well, but when I kept my hands off the yoke, immediately after the nose went up, down, up, down, etc. until it settled. Then put the video up and played it, counted the oscillations and pitch movements, exactly the same in Accu-Sim. I know some here may thing "OK, so..." but for me, this is nirvana. It's completely changed the game for us. The extra year+ of developing this new system now seems like a bargain in comparison to what it is giving us back.

So if we did make a B377 again, this new Accu-Sim engine would give us interesting insights into how that plane actually flies without us ever flying it ourselves. At this point however we are only interested in Accu-Simming airplanes we have full access too. Not just for flight physics, but many other things too. Doing airplanes we never flew (or can't fly) is something down the road.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Thank you much for the update, Scott. Always fun/interesting to get a peek behind the scenes!

paddler
Airman

Post by paddler »

Tanks for the update Scott. What you have described sounds simply amazing. Looking forward to when it is ready

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

WOW

How AMAZING is it when the Dev makes a post like that, just showing how over the top amazing the new accu-sim is.
Totally makes sense to model planes you have access too. Lets hope one day, the B377 will make a come back because I'm not giving up my B377 for anything........ :) FSX...... I'm sticking with it. :)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Very exciting insight!!! Thanks Scott.

Yes I echo others here in saying the B377 is very special and I can't give it up. For years after I uninstalled P3Dv3 I always pined for it, so I have P3Dv3 reinstalled and its not perfect, crashes quite regularly, but I use it specifically for the B377. We have such a lack of vintage propliners in flight sim compared to other things, for obvious reasons. But it's such a neglected area of flight sim in the 'golden age' that makes me very sad.

Currently I'm trying to get the Flight Replica's DC4/Argonaut to work in P3Dv5.3 with a working Autopilot. So, the struggle never ends :lol:
ImageImage

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Thanks for the communication and the update. C182 I hope is next on your to-do list :)

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”