Windows Defender question please

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Windows Defender question please

Post by DHenriques_ »

Getting ready to test the new Comanche;

I would like to exempt Microsoft Flight Simulator from Windows Defender. I know what I have to do is in windows 10 security settings but I'm not sure what process or file to exempt to get everything exempted. I believe it might be FlightSimulator.exe but I'm not sure.
Can someone who has done this please shoot me the EXACT path to get this done correctly?
Many thanks.
Dudley Henriques

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Windows Defender question please

Post by Ron Attwood »

I've just checked my settings and flightsimulator.exe, of which there are several instances, are all checked. I don't think you have to go looking for it, they're already in Defender.
Does that help?

Another thought: Being that it's Microsoft the .exe will already be checked. 'One of the family, go right in'
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Ron Attwood wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 18:42 I've just checked my settings and flightsimulator.exe, of which there are several instances, are all checked. I don't think you have to go looking for it, they're already in Defender.
Does that help?

Another thought: Being that it's Microsoft the .exe will already be checked. 'One of the family, go right in'
I just went in and listed Flight Simulator.exe.
Do I understand correctly that doing that should cover me and that using the sim is now exempted from WD?
Thanks for the reply BTW.

DH

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I would think so. When you think about it the only incoming stuff will be from Microsoft or Asobo. Not that that's any guarantee of them not messing up your sim! :D But that's just par for the course. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”