What are your favourite Accusim product lines ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply

What are your favourite Accusim "product lines" ?

"General Aviation" (Cub, C172, C182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza)
35%
"Civilian Warbirds" (P-51D Civilian, T-6)
23%
"WW2 Fighters" (P-40, P-47, Spitfire, P-51D Military)
14%
"WW2 Bombers" (B-17)
9%
"Captain Of The Ship" (B-377 Strotocuiser, L-049 Constellation)
20%

Total votes: 66

Genista
Airman First Class

What are your favourite Accusim product lines ?

Post by Genista »

Hello,

Just a little poll for fun. :D

I know that A2A have a name to those product lines (WoP3, Wings of Silver...) but I wasn't sure which was which so I came up with different names for each category.

It is possible to chose 2 options. However, it is not possible to choose ALL the options. :D

Personally, round engines were always a faourite of mine... Especially when there was 4 of them... :oops:

And I really liked how COTS gave a "purpose" to flying, with the career mode and the flight report.

hazzer111
Airman

Re: What are your favourite Accusim product lines ?

Post by hazzer111 »

A2A to me has always been about those aircraft ill likely never be able to fly in the real world. 4 Engine tailwheel aircraft specifically :lol:

I do love the GA aircraft made by A2A as well. None compare, but... Imagine all the progress made with the A2A tech on a B17... Or Lanc!

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

Learning and flying the B377 is still my all time simulation experience!

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

I just voted and got to see the results.
How do we let Scott know that he is wasting his time developing the Comanche and that all available resources be directed to a brand new B377. hehe. :twisted:
Cheers
Trev

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Hmmmm, I guess I’ll have to wait until I get home, so I can check my virtual logbook before I vote. I’m sure the available categories are very close in logged hours
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

I probably spent the most time in the Cherokee, followed by the T-6, Bonanza, and P-40.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

I agree that the COTS aircraft give a purpose to flight. With that in mind I voted for the Connie and B377 first. I own the B377 but have not had FSX installed in years and only have a few hours in it. I love the B17 as well and voted for it too. The Comanche is the only GA that I am able to spend much time in. The GA's just don't hold my interest for long with under 10 hours in the Bonanza :( . I find the P-40 to be one of the more challenging, enjoyable and "hands on" aircraft to fly but due to the lack of VOR/ADF/AP it doesn't get the attention of others. Seems I'm always being interrupted by the "General" with tasks that need done around the house. The Spit is good and the T6 is ok for short hops or sight seeing but they've never gotten much attention. The big round engines, steam gauges, active/re-active crews and carrier modes hold my attention and keep me on my toes.

Hours brake down is as follows.

Connie - 1607
Fortress - 1514
Mustang Civi - 641
Comanche - 335
Tomahawk IIb - 143
P-40C - 137
Other planes have much less.

I truly would love to fly the Connie and continue my carrier in MSFS. I'd love to start logging hours in the B377 as well if it ever makes the leap to the new sim. If the B17 makes the leap it will be in my hanger on day one.
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The categories made this a tough choice. My core is the P-47D and the T-6, radiating out to the other WWII fighters and the Comanche. The next ring is the other GA aircraft including the civilian P-51. The B-17G is on the peripheral, as I haven't seriously touched it in years (I declined to buy it again for P3D). I don't own either of the COTS aircraft.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

WB_FlashOver wrote: 11 Dec 2022, 11:51 I agree that the COTS aircraft give a purpose to flight. With that in mind I voted for the Connie and B377 first. I own the B377 but have not had FSX installed in years and only have a few hours in it. I love the B17 as well and voted for it too. The Comanche is the only GA that I am able to spend much time in. The GA's just don't hold my interest for long with under 10 hours in the Bonanza :( . I find the P-40 to be one of the more challenging, enjoyable and "hands on" aircraft to fly but due to the lack of VOR/ADF/AP it doesn't get the attention of others. Seems I'm always being interrupted by the "General" with tasks that need done around the house. The Spit is good and the T6 is ok for short hops or sight seeing but they've never gotten much attention. The big round engines, steam gauges, active/re-active crews and carrier modes hold my attention and keep me on my toes.

Hours brake down is as follows.

Connie - 1607
Fortress - 1514
Mustang Civi - 641
Comanche - 335
Tomahawk IIb - 143
P-40C - 137
Other planes have much less.

I truly would love to fly the Connie and continue my carrier in MSFS. I'd love to start logging hours in the B377 as well if it ever makes the leap to the new sim. If the B17 makes the leap it will be in my hanger on day one.
I've thought a few times about reloading FSX just to get the B377 up and flying again. For me, that was the single biggest leap in making flightsim aircraft really interesting to fly.

Hours break down going back to the early A2A/Shockwaves fleet. Note: The Pipers and Cessnas have a few non-A2A hours mixed in. Those were most likely short hops in Carenado aircraft.

Forest
FAC257

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

If I were to look at my logbook, top of the A2A list is the Cub, followed by the Connie and Comanche. A P3D Stratocruiser would have topped them all (except perhaps the Cub). The only thing above those are the Boeing jets.

But here’s the thing… hours in the Cub ‘count for more’. No LNAV-VNAV-TOGA-AP, kick back and watch…. The other two(or three) are much the same.

The Spitfire, T-6 and P-40... They don’t have the hours close to any of the above. But the enjoyment/hour ratio is so high that it doesn’t matter. From the moment you start the Spit until the moment you stop, it’s all on.

I understand the logic of not wanting to move ahead with the WoS aircraft. But I really hope our hosts reconsider. The B377 is a wonderful aeroplane. She and the L049 done ‘half-arsed’ by A2A (by their standards) would still be mighty in MSFS (not to mention all that PBR aluminium).
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Bonanza is probably the best simply because how they nailed the physics of the V-tail, the sound of the beacon, and the tires that continue to rotate after takeoff until you tap the brakes. Really great work by the team on that. For that reason alone, GA gets my vote.

I'm hoping the new accu-sim comanche implements those physics as well.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

I REALLY loved the B377 and flew it most of the time in FSX. I totally love what A2A did with the Bonanza, the detail, the flight model, outstanding, marvelous. I also really liked the P51 and Spitfire although I didn‘t really fly it much. It sounds funny but the second most A2A time had the Piper Cub. I took it from Cairo, Egypt up Nil River to Assuan, nothing special, no big scenery but I still did it lol. And then, when I had purchased TrueEarth California its hours rocketed up. But my absolutely mostly flown and adored aircraft was the AT-6. How A2A managed to add so much immersion to flying this aircraft in VR is beyond me. I‘ve always had a weakness for radial engines but this airplane is incredible. There is something to it that when I sat into it it was like falling onto my couch in the living room. VR, battery on, fuel on, tap the starter and go. I flew it all across North America, Europe and New Zealand. Wonderful addon and massively missed.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”