Comanche Update

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Comanche Update

Post by DHenriques_ »

I've had the Comanche now for two days and have been running flight tests. I thought you might like to know how things are going.
The graphics are unbelievable. The cockpit is "alive". You are going to love it.
I've run flight tests on stalls both power off and on, departure, cross controlled, and accelerated.
The behavior is as close to real as I have ever seen in an add on aircraft.
The spin behavior is extremely real. There is a clean stall break, an incipient stage then it winds up realistically as the moments of inertia stabilize and the lift on the wings settles in asymmetrically. I am very pleased with what I am seeing.
Ground behavior is excellent. We have isolated a few bugs and corrected them on the fly.
You will LOVE the tablet integration on the Comanche. We have new technology involved there that you will find very interesting I'm sure.
Takeoffs and landings are coded to reflect the specific behavior of the laminar wing. You will have to "FLY" the Comanche as it was designed to be flown. There is a lot of new technology coming with this release that I think you will really like.
That's about it for now. We are working hard on things. The team is really on the ball with this one. I just thought I'd share a bit of what's happening with all of you.
Dudley Henriques

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Re: Comanche Update

Post by guillaume78150 »

Thanks Dudley. All this sounds promising.
In the meantime, I clocked 600 hours on the Comanche. I never tire...

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Thanks for the update Dudley. I’m really looking forward to A2A joining into the MSFS universe.

In the meantime I hope everyone will have a great Christmas and happy holidays.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

But what's it like on frames?

Don't answer! It's a joke. :D
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

davenicoll
Airman First Class

Post by davenicoll »

This is one anticipated plane thank you for the update...

Does anybody know if you will be able to slip in the GTN 750 from TDS sim?

Dave

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

davenicoll wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 15:38 This is one anticipated plane thank you for the update...

Does anybody know if you will be able to slip in the GTN 750 from TDS sim?

Dave
Yes. The Comanche has 750 capabilities, both the free and the paid versions.

jsbrewster1
Senior Airman

Post by jsbrewster1 »

do you know which options will be available? Steam gauge, 530, 430, 750, etc?
Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator
US Air Force (retired)
"...and miles to go before I sleep..." - RF

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

jsbrewster1 wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 16:39 do you know which options will be available? Steam gauge, 530, 430, 750, etc?
All these GPS options are available as well as steam gauges.
DH

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

This sounds so exciting! Thanks for the update. If one could salivate at the thought of an aircraft in MSFS like this….I would be

Waffler11
A2A Mechanic

Post by Waffler11 »

Absolutely fantastic preview, thanks for sharing those details Dudley. This plane is a Day One buy for me.

I also look forward to creating repaints for this plane. So much so that I’ve been perusing online pictures of real Comanches for inspiration. Are there any famous ones or highly requested ones not already covered by A2A?

And Happy Holidays to all!

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Can't wait! Thanks for the update, Dudley. Thanks to the whole team, really looking forward to this.

zsegaoula
Airman Basic

Post by zsegaoula »

Waffler11 wrote: 24 Dec 2022, 18:34 Absolutely fantastic preview, thanks for sharing those details Dudley. This plane is a Day One buy for me.

I also look forward to creating repaints for this plane. So much so that I’ve been perusing online pictures of real Comanches for inspiration. Are there any famous ones or highly requested ones not already covered by A2A?

And Happy Holidays to all!
This one is from the San Diego club where I Fly. She’s based in Gillespie filed (KSEE): https://www.plusoneflyers.org/n6350p/

Ai2W
Airman

Post by Ai2W »

Thank you for taking the time away from family friends and loved ones, during the run up to Christmas.

Your flight report appears we are in for something very special here.

Many thanks and happy holidays sir
Just blame it all on me

Bat29
Airman

Post by Bat29 »

This is fantastic to hear Dudley, just fantastic! I always knew that A2A could pull this one off in MSFS and it sounds like they did. Kudos to you and the team. Also, I know I'm a day late here but Merry Christmas to you Dudley, the team and everyone! :D

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Color me excited, this new release is sounding 100 steps above the last one. Thanks for doing the testing to what are your always outstanding talents.

I also have to say kudos to the whole team for essentially coding a whole new Accu-Sim program.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”