We need something new in the name for Accu-Sim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

We need something new in the name for Accu-Sim

Post by Scott - A2A »

I'm terrible with names and as a company, we don't have any stars in this area either. So we've been making this new technology for over 2 years thinking all this time we need a name for this and we're almost in beta and still nothing. I'm not talking about replacing Accu-Sim, but something to show in name, it's an all new platform. While everything has been coded pretty much from scratch, feature wise the big changes here are all new aerodynamics and propulsion. This new Accu-Sim can make anything from a hot air balloon to a Mig19 to a 747 to a triplane to a Saturn V. Not that we're going to make rockets but it's not limited in any way. We may just end up using just "Accu-Sim" but would like something with it.

I have an idea but don't want to share it to alter any ideas some creatives out there may have. Any ideas would be very welcome here as we need to have this before making a promo vid.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Re: We need something new in the name for Accu-Sim

Post by TymK »

Being terrible with names myself, I should probably keep quiet, but how about Accu-Sim NG, as in "next-gen"?

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

NG, as in "next-gen"
Been done. That's now 'old tech'. We're talkin' New tech here. :)

How about 'Real-Sim'? No? OK.

How about putting your own idea out here Scott and maybe it's so good there'll be no contest?
Or, it may unlock some creativity among us.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Accu-Sim Universal

Accu-Sim Flight

Accu-Sim ARAIG (As Real As It Gets)

Accu-Sim Propelled

Accu-Sim Acceleration (FSX throwback)

Accu-Sim Don't Forget to Trim

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Accu-Sim 2.0 :mrgreen:

-Esa

E6add9
Airman

Post by E6add9 »

Just keep Accu-Sim, as it is. It's a well known hallmark for simulation depth throughout the simming community. Also, the previous iterations for p3d and fsx will keep it's "value", for those who wish to stay with these platforms for whatever reason. So each platform will have the best Accu-Sim experience technically possible. Hope this makes sense :) Looking forward to the release of the Comanche! Greetings

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Given that you want to keep the name Accu-Sim, I think it's wise to make the addon-part incremental.

If you were to go "Accu-Sim NG" for example, while not terrible, you'd be faced with the problem again down the road if/when Accu-Sim needs another change to reflect a major change. We've all seen names that change, and then when they later change again a casual simmer might very well get confused - "which was the previous generation one, now?".

So better to have something that will leave room for the future, and that will be a clear distinction from the past.

I know Accu-Sim has been through a set of generations in itself - the Airliner-tech, the early Warbirds, the later Warbirds, and then the GA-lineup. But all of this might be lumped together as the first generation, I think. Especially since the name didn't change (and the distinction is lost by anyone but the most hardcore of us older A2A-fanatics that know the difference internally).

With all this in mind I share a few thoughts that keep in line with this, and that look to the future. It's simple - slightly boring, but it's clear and can be used for reference when people ask questions that compare an older Comanche in P3D with the newer one in MSFS (and later, very hopefully, X-Plane).

I'll line up the old version with the new to compare/contrast.

Old naming system --- new naming system --- next generation name
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Accu-Sim ------------- Accu-Sim --------------------- Accu-Sim v2 ----------- (this implies that the old Accu-Sim is v1 without stating it)
2. Accu-Sim ------------- Accu-Sim v1 ----------------- Accu-Sim v2 ----------- (to be followed by Accu-Sim v3, and Accu-Sim v4, or even increments, if desirable)
3. Accu-Sim ------------- Accu-Sim I ------------------- Accu-Sim II ------------- (to be followed by Accu-Sim III, and Accu-Sim IV...)
4. Accu-Sim ------------- Accu-SimX ------------------- Accu-Sim MSFS ------- (this was a thought to reference their origin platform, but I don't think this is desirable, nor futureproof)
5. Accu-Sim ------------- Accu-Sim Tropo ----------- Accu-Sim Strato ------- (referencing a rise through the atmosphere - next gen will of course be Accu-Sim Meso, and then Thermo and Exo)

This is just a few thoughts, and I'm sure I can come up with others. I'll expand on this if I get new ideas.

Working on the principles of suggestion 5 above, one could also make increments like "Accu-Sim Subsonic", "Accu-Sim Transonic", "Accu-Sim Supersonic", "Accu-Sim Hypersonic".

I was also thinking about naming it to various airflows, or shapes of airfoils, or engine parts/systems/cycles. Or how about naming it after influential aviators that has inspired A2A Simulations over the years? The first generation Accu-Sim could be named after one person, and the next after another, and so forth. The older Accu-Sim engine can be called the Bergey, Weick, and Thorp-versions (separating the sub-versions of Accu-Sim into nicely named parts), and the next could be named for any number of excellent folks, like Jackie Cochran, "Kelly" Johnson, or even Dudley.

These last ones are more creatively interesting, but they require more work down the road to make them stand out and not be confusing to people.

I like suggestion 5, as it has a clear progression "up and onwards" - literally.

And the sky is not the limit - the end of the universe is the limit.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

BrianV
Airman

Post by BrianV »

Accu-Real

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

This is fun.

Accu-sim Extreme
Accu-sim Next
Accu-sim Ultimate
Accu-sim Absolute
Accu-sim Complete
Accu-sim Entire
Accu-sim Precise
Accu-sim UFD (Unified Flight Dynamics)
Accu-sim Aeolus (Greek "keeper of the winds")
Accu-sim Caelus (Roman god of the sky)

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by guenseli »

thought a bit about, but in the end, all additions to AccuSim sounds like the usual advert garbage to me: "Next, Ultimate ..."
(Sorry, who mentioned it, doesn't mean it personal ;) )

We had all this already from all sorts of addon companies.

AccuSim is a brand everyone knows that it is top notch. Doesn't matter if it is new or not.

russellwwest
Airman First Class

Post by russellwwest »

What about Accu-Core or Accu-Sim Core

Others
Accu-Complete
Accu-One (all in one)

maddz
Senior Airman

Post by maddz »

Accu-season....oh wait, someone with no taste already copied that one. ( honestly, really?....like, get your own name dude! :twisted: )

Accu-Dynamics?

adjective
(of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.
"a dynamic economy" WELL THIS IS ACCU-SIM ALL OVER :)
(of a person) positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas.
"a dynamic young advertising executive" AND THIS IS THE A2A TEAM ALL OVER :)

Similar:
energetic
active
lively
strong
forceful
powerful
positive
effective
high-powered EVEN THE SIMILAR WORDS COULD ALL BE AVIATION RELATED :wink:
aggressive
driving
pushing
electric
magnetic
passionate
high-octane
gutsy

noun
a force that stimulates change or progress within a system or process.
"evaluation is part of the basic dynamic of the project" AND AGAIN I THINK THIS JUST SAYS IT ALL, WHAT ACCU-SIM DOES :)

Abriael
Airman Basic

Post by Abriael »

Ultimately, it needs to be something easily understandable and marketable, so I'd just call it Accu-Sim 2.0 or Accu-Sim 2.

In marketing, less is more. 😁

WoltAir81
Airman Basic

Post by WoltAir81 »

You say this new technology is not limited! My suggsestion Accu-Sim Unlimited 8)

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Why change it? I do realise this is a new version, but it's such a good brand, we all know what a difference :a2a: Accu-Sim makes for our preferred simulator
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”