Getting a little worried

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
FunktasticLucky
Airman

Getting a little worried

Post by FunktasticLucky »

With Scott's recent post about naming accusim has me really worried. It feels to me like a2a is maneuvering itself to stop making planes and just licensing out the accusim engine to people to make planes. I mean as a company it really makes sense as it's a lot of passive income with minimal work. But A2A has always had a certain charm to their aircraft besides the accusim part. I think it's because they have always cared about making an accurate recreation of their planes including their little idiosyncrasies.

Scott , I have enjoyed your planes since fsx and the work your team has put into all these planes. I would kill for a vtail bonanza in MSFS. The b17 and bonanza were my favorite planes of all time but I owned a lot of your products. I hope that you guys continue to make planes still adding that little bit of charm even though it's a ton of work. Can't wait for your Comanche. I already have money set aside for that day 1 purchase. Take care and happy new years.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Re: Getting a little worried

Post by twsharp12 »

No worries friend. Life has too many worries as is.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

FunktasticLucky wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 13:47 With Scott's recent post about naming accusim has me really worried. It feels to me like a2a is maneuvering itself to stop making planes and just licensing out the accusim engine to people to make planes. I mean as a company it really makes sense as it's a lot of passive income with minimal work. But A2A has always had a certain charm to their aircraft besides the accusim part. I think it's because they have always cared about making an accurate recreation of their planes including their little idiosyncrasies.
Well you can stop "worrying". Nothing could be further from the truth than what you have posted here.
Dudley Henriques

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

FunktasticLucky wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 13:47 Scott , I have enjoyed your planes since fsx and the work your team has put into all these planes. I would kill for a vtail bonanza in MSFS..
Thanks for your compliments and along with what Dudley said, we created Accu-Sim II for us to improve what we can do. Once it's out and you see what it does, you'll better understand why we did it. We can't wait to have it out there.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

FunktasticLucky
Airman

Scott - A2A wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 19:26
FunktasticLucky wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 13:47 Scott , I have enjoyed your planes since fsx and the work your team has put into all these planes. I would kill for a vtail bonanza in MSFS..
Thanks for your compliments and along with what Dudley said, we created Accu-Sim II for us to improve what we can do. Once it's out and you see what it does, you'll better understand why we did it. We can't wait to have it out there.

Scott
I can't wait to have it out here either. I have been waiting since the beta of msfs and the official release. A2A was the only reason I kept P3D installed but it just wasn't enjoyable anymore. Can't wait for your release to have a real GA plane in MSFS finally.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

FunktasticLucky wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 19:55

Scott
I can't wait to have it out here either. I have been waiting since the beta of msfs and the official release. A2A was the only reason I kept P3D installed but it just wasn't enjoyable anymore. Can't wait for your release to have a real GA plane in MSFS finally.
I believe you will be totally satisfied with what the team has done (and is doing as we speak) with the Comanche. This plane has been designed and developed from the ground up to satisfy serious pilots. Nothing has been spared to make the Comanche come alive in the hands of those who own and fly it.
I'm flying it now and I'm discovering new things about it that I like every day. And I can tell you I am not easily this impressed.
Dudley Henriques

FunktasticLucky
Airman

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 22:19
FunktasticLucky wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 19:55

Scott
I believe you will be totally satisfied with what the team has done (and is doing as we speak) with the Comanche. This plane has been designed and developed from the ground up to satisfy serious pilots. Nothing has been spared to make the Comanche come alive in the hands of those who own and fly it.
I'm flying it now and I'm discovering new things about it that I like every day. And I can tell you I am not easily this impressed.
Dudley Henriques
Glad to hear it. The Comanche 250 wasnt really on my radar but I can't pass up an A2A. I'm really happy to hear that you're digging it though. It sounds like accusim 2.0 is a game changer. As long as there is still wear and tear and system modeling like the bonanza I'm happy to own it.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 22:19I'm flying it now and I'm discovering new things about it that I like every day. And I can tell you I am not easily this impressed.
Dudley Henriques
Which is why we are so lucky to have you test flying.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Scott - A2A wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 19:33
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 22:19I'm flying it now and I'm discovering new things about it that I like every day. And I can tell you I am not easily this impressed.
Dudley Henriques
Which is why we are so lucky to have you test flying.

Scott
DITTO Scott.

Me, Myself and I am so very happy that Dudley is part of your team. Not being a real pilot I was never happy with FS 98 up to FSX. It just didn't feel like my mind thought it should. Knowing that Scott and Dudley as well as other RWP are on the team, and knowing that they have even more passion for flight then I do, makes me feel very comfortable that my personal flight simulation experience is as good as it can get.

Cheers
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Before I get too worried, I would like to know if this 'Accu-Sim II' is exclusive to MSFS. If P3D aircraft are now a thing of the past, then I will be more than worried to be honest. I just can't get-on with the new sim.

Steve.

CoyoteLoco
Airman

Post by CoyoteLoco »

bladerunner900 wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 10:38 Before I get too worried, I would like to know if this 'Accu-Sim II' is exclusive to MSFS. If P3D aircraft are now a thing of the past, then I will be more than worried to be honest. I just can't get-on with the new sim.

Steve.
I can't agree more. I tried to get into MSFS2020 when it first came out and found it to be nothing special, especially when I could not find a "smooth pan" of the VC and using my hat only offered "snap to" visuals of the different gauges. I tried different settings in the Views settings, couldn't find smooth panning and deleted MSFS.

I don't have the "problems" everybody else seemed to have with P3D. It works very well for me, no crashing, good framerates, etc. Just a personal preference and I'm afraid that add-on companies will be leaving further development of P3D in their rear-view mirror.

Dana
Dana Wiles

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

CoyoteLoco wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 12:45
bladerunner900 wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 10:38 Before I get too worried, I would like to know if this 'Accu-Sim II' is exclusive to MSFS. If P3D aircraft are now a thing of the past, then I will be more than worried to be honest. I just can't get-on with the new sim.

Steve.
I can't agree more. I tried to get into MSFS2020 when it first came out and found it to be nothing special, especially when I could not find a "smooth pan" of the VC and using my hat only offered "snap to" visuals of the different gauges. I tried different settings in the Views settings, couldn't find smooth panning and deleted MSFS.

I don't have the "problems" everybody else seemed to have with P3D. It works very well for me, no crashing, good framerates, etc. Just a personal preference and I'm afraid that add-on companies will be leaving further development of P3D in their rear-view mirror.

Dana
In controls search for look left, look right, look up and look down and map that to your hat switch. Pretty simple. Of course you need to make sure to unbind anything else on your hat switch as well so you don't have the quickviews interfering.

CoyoteLoco
Airman

Post by CoyoteLoco »

aenigma wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 14:43

Steve.

Dana
In controls search for look left, look right, look up and look down and map that to your hat switch. Pretty simple. Of course you need to make sure to unbind anything else on your hat switch as well so you don't have the quickviews interfering.
Sounds like those are still "snap to" views. You can correct me if I am wrong. I want a smooth transitional view. Besides, this is just the beginning of my issues with MSFS. Now, and there is much about it on the PMDG forums, is the unrealistic weather and ASOBO not allowing weather modelers to program their engines for MSFS.

I am very happy with P3D, do not want to dump it for something that every time ASOBO puts out an update breaks something in the sophisticated aircraft being modeled for it.

As I stated, LM P3D is extremely stable for me. I can do 17 hr. flights in a T7 (PMDG) and have zero issues. Why throw out something which gives me hours of pleasure. If add-on manufacturers quit making add-ons for P3D it'll be a bummer and I will have to live with that. However, those developers will also have to live without my dollar.

Dana
Dana Wiles

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

aenigma wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 14:43 In controls search for look left, look right, look up and look down and map that to your hat switch. Pretty simple. Of course you need to make sure to unbind anything else on your hat switch as well so you don't have the quickviews interfering.
This^^^^^. I fixed that stupid camera feature the same day I downloaded MSFS. Panning in MSFS with custom controls feels better than P3D to me, internal and external. There are plenty of YouTube videos on this.

aenigma
Airman

Post by aenigma »

CoyoteLoco wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 15:28
aenigma wrote: 31 Dec 2022, 14:43

Dana
Sounds like those are still "snap to" views. You can correct me if I am wrong. I want a smooth transitional view. Besides, this is just the beginning of my issues with MSFS. Now, and there is much about it on the PMDG forums, is the unrealistic weather and ASOBO not allowing weather modelers to program their engines for MSFS.

I am very happy with P3D, do not want to dump it for something that every time ASOBO puts out an update breaks something in the sophisticated aircraft being modeled for it.

As I stated, LM P3D is extremely stable for me. I can do 17 hr. flights in a T7 (PMDG) and have zero issues. Why throw out something which gives me hours of pleasure. If add-on manufacturers quit making add-ons for P3D it'll be a bummer and I will have to live with that. However, those developers will also have to live without my dollar.

Dana
Nah, they're not snap views, they are for panning. You can even check your default keybinds for your keyboard and try it out to test. I made sure to do that before I replied to make sure they were the right ones.

I'm glad you can still have fun with P3D, but sadly I think you're on a sinking ship with that as for new planes and any new content for that matter.

I do miss P3D/FSX, but after MSFS I just can't go back. I also really miss fs95. Every time I hear that Cessna sound it just takes me right back!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”