Questions regarding the future of Accu-Sim and if it suits my setup

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
JonasBecsan
Airman First Class

Questions regarding the future of Accu-Sim and if it suits my setup

Post by JonasBecsan »

Hi there!

Been a long time since I visited the forum. I have very fond memories of using your 172 with FSX back in the day.

Fast forward to today and my current simulator is MSFS. Like so many others, I really look forward to getting your accu-Sim fleet ported to MSFS.

I am wondering though, in regards to your current focus and if the products will fit my current, a bit more specific setup:

1. Will your future products in MSFS be VR compatible? I exclusively fly in VR and believe it is the future for flight simming.

2. Does your products support force feedback or will in the future? I have force feedback yoke and rudder pedals and they both rely on telemetry from the sim to provide control loading. Considering Accu-sim works outside the sim, will it not work with these devices?

3. what about motion sim rigs? I have recently acquired one and same applies as question 2.

I know these are highly specific questions to my particular setup, but since I have now cornered myself into this ecosystem of devices that I cannot live without, (Believe me, VR combined with force feedback controllers and a motion sim is utterly fantastic.), whether you support this or not will sadly dictate whether I can use your products or not in the future.

If this is not your focus, then that's understandable, but I will miss accu-sim products dearly, knowing that I won't be able to use them for my setup. :cry:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Questions regarding the future of Accu-Sim and if it suits my setup

Post by Scott - A2A »

1. Will your future products in MSFS be VR compatible? I exclusively fly in VR and believe it is the future for flight simming.
I believe all MSFS aircraft are VR compatible? Our Comanche looks nice in VR.

2. Does your products support force feedback or will in the future? I have force feedback yoke and rudder pedals and they both rely on telemetry from the sim to provide control Loading. Considering Accu-sim works outside the sim, will it not work with these devices?
It's a hardware thing, there may be some snags, not sure, but force feedback support in P3d is pretty straight forward.

3. what about motion sim rigs? I have recently acquired one and same applies as question 2.
That all depends on the software interface driving the motion.
A2A Simulations Inc.

JonasBecsan
Airman First Class

Post by JonasBecsan »

Scott - A2A wrote: 10 Jan 2023, 16:23 1. Will your future products in MSFS be VR compatible? I exclusively fly in VR and believe it is the future for flight simming.
I believe all MSFS aircraft are VR compatible? Our Comanche looks nice in VR.

2. Does your products support force feedback or will in the future? I have force feedback yoke and rudder pedals and they both rely on telemetry from the sim to provide control Loading. Considering Accu-sim works outside the sim, will it not work with these devices?
It's a hardware thing, there may be some snags, not sure, but force feedback support in P3d is pretty straight forward.

That all depends on the software interface driving the motion.
Thanks for clarifying Scott! Sounds promising.

1. That sounds very nice, really looking forward to try the Commanche in VR.
2. From what I understand, P3D supports force feedback natively like FSX? MSFS on the other hand does not so my Force feedback controllers (Brunner), rely on their own small software that reads the telemetry from the sim and apply forces accordingly. It is compatible with both FSX and MSFS, but I was once again under the impression that Accu-sim runs outside the sim itself and injects the flight model correct? Or has that changed for the new version of it.
3. I use Sim Racing studio to get the telemetry from MSFS to my motion rig which works fine, but the same question as above. I think it mostly boils down to my lack of understanding of how Accu-sim actually works. Feel free to correct me.

Can't wait for you to release the Commanche. Are there plans to port over more of the existing fleet such as the 172? I am a simple guy, I like a simple Skyhawk, but with accu-sim complexity :D .

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

There is no port path as Accu-Sim 2.0 is all new technology. That doesn’t mean we won’t be making these aircraft however as the technology is more capable.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

+1 for a new Skyhawk.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

+2, as much as I admire the warbirds, the 172 just has this simple, down-to-earth charm. Oh, and I'm looking forward to the 182, too... ;-)

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I think the Skylane and the Comanche would be a perfect start to the GA lineup. Yes please. :a2a:
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

No high wings for me. I had the 172 and 182 in P3D, and they were my least flown. If not a warbird, I'd like to see the Cherokee or Bonanza.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Bones wrote: 14 Jan 2023, 19:13 No high wings for me. I had the 172 and 182 in P3D, and they were my least flown. If not a warbird, I'd like to see the Cherokee or Bonanza.
Agreed. High wings for sight seeing, and low wings for flying. However, I do love A2A's C-182 Skylane for back country flying as you can get it into and out of almost anywhere. The planes I'd love to see from the "old" catalogue are #1, Spitfire; #2 P-47 Thunderbolt; #3, Cherokee (hershey bar wing); #4, Bonanza; #5, T-6 Harvard/Texan; #6, P-40 Tomahawk; and not to forget that C-182.

I'm very happy with the choice of the Comanche as the first plane for AccuSim 2.0 for MSFS. It's my favourite GA plane and the obvious choice from development perspective as Scott owns one so testing and comparison is made so much easier and I'm certain will result in greater fidelity in the flight and systems modelling. Hope beta testing goes well.

I'm also interested to see what new planes A2A are thinking about. Hopefully there's a chance the Aerostar will be finished as a GA twin is very much needed. Time will tell, I guess.

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”