Non-Functioning Virual-Fly Switcho (switches) Modules

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
sage
Airman First Class

Non-Functioning Virual-Fly Switcho (switches) Modules

Post by sage »

To A2A Pilot's Lounge

I have purchased Switcho Trims, Engines (plus Battery, alternators), Ignition and Light Switches modules from Virtual-Fly located in Spain.

My Observation:
1. All Switch modules are recognized by my computer's USB ports.
2. Virtual-Fly's "Dashboard" (window) shows all are recognized.
3. I checked to see if they were connected to a COM port and they were in VF's software Dashboard (window).
4. When I select any aircraft, whether default or an add-on not one aircraft switch works.
5. Concentrating only on the Battery and Engine start switches modules, once in a while the battery switch and/or the ignition switch may work, however, sometimes when I select one of these switches, they shut down P3D v5.3 completely.
6. I am not getting any error messages.
7. Looking on the internet, I discovered that this is not an isolated problem. I do not believe the modules are defective, but I do believe Virtual-Fly's software is.
8. It seems the aircraft themselves do not recognize the switches.

What I have tried to correct the problem:
1. Checked all USB ports for connectivity, they all work.
2. Completed a fresh installation of P3D v5.3.
3. Upgraded VF software to 1.0.27.
4. I checked the control panel of windows, "Devices and Printers"; the four switch panels are displayed.

I am baffled as to why none of the switches work when everything is connected and recognized.

The Virtual-Fly's "flight controls" all work, Yoke, Rudder and Throttle Quadrants (three levelers and six levels quadrants).

I must assign axes and keys to the "flight controls" to make them function and delete any errant assignments as recommended by someone in your forum. Thank you!

Question: Does assigning P3D procedures also apply to the Switch Modules, and if so, how do I assign them if they do not appear in P3D's axis or key assignment windows? Are they located somewhere else in P3D?

I have not received any reply from Virtual-Fly yet; it has been over a week.

One of your forum members graciously helped me get the "flight controls" working, to which I am very great full.

VF states all their hardware are plug-n-play—not true.

Maybe someone in the forum can shed some light on this problem.

Thanks, Pat

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Re: Non-Functioning Virual-Fly Switcho (switches) Modules

Post by Mazo »

I have a setup like yours with almost all the VF modules and hardware. In MSFS202, they all work flawlessly. All,switches, knobs,controls work. It is an awesome system.

P3d 5.3, nothing works, just as you have already stated. I went in and deleted every key and axis from the VF units. restarted VHub -- no joy. Did all the restarts for computer and P3D. Went back in and set the VF all back to "Default". Still no joy. I can usually work my way around these problems but not working here.

I will raise a ticket or request from VF and see if we can't get this to work in P3D.

Wish us both success!
Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Thank you very much for you response!
Patrick

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

I submitted a ticket yesterday so hope to get an answer back early next week.
Will let you know as soon as I hear back from them.

Lyn
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Lyn, tomorrow Virtual Fly will take over my computer to see why the Switcho switch modules are not working. They also will be texting on my wife's phone so I will be at the computer and my wife will be on her cell phone.

I will let you know how this turns out.

Regards, Patrick

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

That's great news! I have not heard back from them yet so will be interested in how your session goes. Hope we can get it up and running on Prepar3d 5.3.

Lyn

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Any update? Were they able to get you connected to Prepar3d?
I have a request in but no acknowledgement at this time.

Lyn

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”