Quick question on the Honeycomb Bravo if you have one in MSFS?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Quick question on the Honeycomb Bravo if you have one in MSFS?

Post by DHenriques_ »

I just need to know if the Bravo uses Hall Sensors?
Thanks much.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Re: Quick question on the Honeycomb Bravo if you have one in MSFS?

Post by Mustang »

I have one but I couldn't tell you... so I went to my favourite search engine... and I still can't say for sure! But it seems that it does not have hall-effect sensors, as it would come up in the specs or reviews if it did. And with a few different searches I found people saying that their went jittery, so potentiometers they must be.

Honestly, I didn't check before buying which is surprising as I tend to over-research everything before I make a purchase, and I don't purchase new kit very often at all. I just assumed it would be better than my ageing Saitek units (and it is), but we'll see how it lasts.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Mustang wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 17:31 I have one but I couldn't tell you... so I went to my favourite search engine... and I still can't say for sure! But it seems that it does not have hall-effect sensors, as it would come up in the specs or reviews if it did. And with a few different searches I found people saying that their went jittery, so potentiometers they must be.

Honestly, I didn't check before buying which is surprising as I tend to over-research everything before I make a purchase, and I don't purchase new kit very often at all. I just assumed it would be better than my ageing Saitek units (and it is), but we'll see how it lasts.
I had a like experience looking for data on the Bravo. I found a few references to the Alpha but nothing on the throttle.
Strange. But thanks for the reply ! I appreciate it.
DH

Ian MC
Airman

Post by Ian MC »

Hi Dudley, I had mine apart to fix a broken wire once, and while I wasn't messing with that part specifically, they appear to have a pretty ordinary potentiometer mounted with a small gear driven by the teeth on the lever itself. Hard to explain I guess. If that doesn't make sense I'll try to draw a picture (it will be crude lol) and send it to you. Just let me know.

Found this video that shows what I'm talking about. Hopefully that helps.
https://youtu.be/dR-QUxHw1oA?t=208
Last edited by Ian MC on 14 Mar 2023, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Ian MC wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 21:46 Dudley I believe they just use a potentiometer that is geared to the end of the lever. I had mine apart to fix a broken wire once, and while I wasn't messing with them, they have a pretty common potentiometer mounted with a small gear at the bottom of the lever, which is driven by the teeth on the lever itself. Hard to explain I guess. If that doesn't make sense I'll try to draw a picture (it will be crude lol) and send it to you. Just let me know.

Found this video that shows what I'm talking about. Hopefully that helps.
https://youtu.be/dR-QUxHw1oA?t=208
That's great Ian; just what I needed to know.
Thanks much for the reply.
D

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

It does not seem to use Hall sensors, however from my experience the potentiometers are of much, much better quality than the ones fitted on the saitek throttle quadrants. After a couple years of use, they are still perfectly accurate, calibrated, and without any noise whatsoever.

However I do also need to take it apart due to broken reverse switch wires.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”