Anyone using the free GNS750 Garmin? I have a question.

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Re: Anyone using the free GNS750 Garmin? I have a question.

Post by jeepinforfun »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 19:03
MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 16:40
This thread is now a perfect example of why I rarely try to help folks on forums...
Cheers,
Rob
I'm sorry if my not answering your reply has caused you to make this comment.
I simply pulled the post after finding a solution to my own question. I'll delete a question post like this one on occasion if I happen to find an answer on my own after posting to save people from going to a lot of unnecessary trouble answering me. It's a courtesy actually. Nothing more than that. My comment about the 37 people was simply an attempt at humor rather than a long explanation. I would have deleted the post were that possible.
A few minutes after I answered the other poster I had a severe health issue and had to leave the computer.
(I'm dealing with Cancer) and simply forgot to come back to the forum to check it.
Thank you for your reply.
Dudley Henriques
I was sorry to hear about your health problems and hope that the cancer can be delt with and a desirable outcome is in your future Mr. D.

Instead of getting rid of your original question, could you please let us in on what you found as an answer. Although others might not have your GPS unit it might help others in future searches.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

officialtlong
Airman Basic

Post by officialtlong »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 15:35 I pulled this post. It was a question about the Garmin 750. Apparently 37 people viewed the post but no one has one installed.
Thank you
DH
Yes I was one that had seen this as well. I'm venturing to guess, a lot of folks that dip into addons have likely purchased the PMS (paid) or TDS. I personally have both for those devs that pick one or the other although I've found having them both installed causes trouble sometimes so I only roll with 1 in the Community folder at a time.
-Travis
KPLU

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

jeepinforfun wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 12:24
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 19:03
MkIV Hvd wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 16:40
This thread is now a perfect example of why I rarely try to help folks on forums...
Cheers,
Rob
I'm sorry if my not answering your reply has caused you to make this comment.
I simply pulled the post after finding a solution to my own question. I'll delete a question post like this one on occasion if I happen to find an answer on my own after posting to save people from going to a lot of unnecessary trouble answering me. It's a courtesy actually. Nothing more than that. My comment about the 37 people was simply an attempt at humor rather than a long explanation. I would have deleted the post were that possible.
A few minutes after I answered the other poster I had a severe health issue and had to leave the computer.
(I'm dealing with Cancer) and simply forgot to come back to the forum to check it.
Dudley Henriques
I was sorry to hear about your health problems and hope that the cancer can be delt with and a desirable outcome is in your future Mr. D.

Instead of getting rid of your original question, could you please let us in on what you found as an answer. Although others might not have your GPS unit it might help others in future searches.
No problem at all, and thank you for the kind thought. In fact what I discovered was exactly what was suggested by Mk5 Hvd.
I have the free version of the 750. I have it in several add ons and will have it as well in our Comanche .
There seems to be a problem with the default 750 screen with the range a flight plan displays when the 750 boots up. If you have a flight plan entered in the 750 you get a magenta line but using the default range, as the flight progresses along the line the aircraft icon moves out to about a wingspan's error away from and still parallel to the magenta line. It will remain that way through the flight if not corrected.
You can correct this and bring the aircraft back to and on the magenta line by increasing the range outward. I believe I have mine out to 4 NM. Doing this makes the view on the 750 normal as it should be. I don't know why the default view is off. I'm guessing at this point it has something to do with the Asobo end of the mating equation between the Developer of the 750 and the Sim.
Hopefully someone will correct this down the line.
The rest of the GNS50 free 750 works perfectly for me.
Hope this helps a bit.
DH

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I have seen this question on the MSFS forums and elsewhere and it's not only your GPS but other versions as well. No one from MSFS answered these query's but one poster did post this below and it has been repeated on other sites.

"This is because since SU5 the world map flight planner actually adds waypoints which are not visibly represented with the magenta course line.

Your aircraft still follows the actual course but it appears as though there is an offset between aircraft and magenta line in the Asobo mapping."

Not sure if it is true but I tend to do the same as you, don't range in so far. The reason being that even when I use Lil Navmap and upload the plan file it does the same thing.

Happy flying...
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 10:49
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 19:03 I'm sorry if my not answering your reply has caused you to make this comment.
Dudley Henriques
Very sincere apologies Dudley, apparently t'was I that was too quick on the trigger! :roll:
I'm glad you got it sorted and wish you the best!!

Cheers,
Rob
Thank you, Rob, and no problem at all. It's been a tough week.
using what you suggested is the solution I believe.
All the best,
Dudley

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 15:21 Thank you, Rob, and no problem at all. It's been a tough week.
All the best,
Dudley
Thank you Dudley,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough go of it this week. Prayers for Blessings and better days ahead!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MkIV Hvd wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 13:06
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 15:21 Thank you, Rob, and no problem at all. It's been a tough week.
All the best,
Dudley
Thank you Dudley,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a tough go of it this week. Prayers for Blessings and better days ahead!

Cheers,
Rob
I'm 86 this June. Life is catching up to me I guess. Old age isn't a game for sissies that's for sure.
LOL
D

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 24 Mar 2023, 13:26
I'm 86 this June. Life is catching up to me I guess. Old age isn't a game for sissies that's for sure.
LOL
D
Hahaha! I'm not quite there yet but well on the way and truer words were never spoken!

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

officialtlong wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 12:58 I'm venturing to guess, a lot of folks that dip into addons have likely purchased the PMS (paid) or TDS. I personally have both for those devs that pick one or the other ...
Of the two paid versions, which product do you prefer? I installed the free PMS version last night. I'm looking for a version that performs similar to my Reality XP GTN 750, and it seems that the PMS full version needs a Navigraph subscription to show charts?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 15:35 I pulled this post. It was a question about the Garmin 750. Apparently 37 people viewed the post but no one has one installed.
Thank you
DH
A note on this:
While you and only you can decide if your posts stay on the internet or not, I would argue that leaving the post up and adding the solution you found is better than removing it entirely. That way you help anyone else having the same issue that may be looking for a solution in the future. I don't know what the original post was about, but this is just a thought.

iceman14555
Airman

Post by iceman14555 »

Hey DH,

I currently use the PMS 50 GTN750 free version in MSFS. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I only visit the boards intermittently since I usually only see negativity on here. I'd like to help with any questions you have, if I can. If you truly have removed the post, then disregard this.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”