The A2A Logo

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

The A2A Logo

Post by Paughco »

Guys: Look up just a bit. The new-ish A2A logo is the nose of a P-40. Just one problem. It's a later model P-40. Shouldn't it be a P-40B/C like the A2A P-40?

Just sayin'

Keep on rockin' in a free world
ATB

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Re: The A2A Logo

Post by Bones »

Must be a hint at the next A2A release, soon to join the other 43 P-40s released for MSFS. :mrgreen: But as we all know, there can be only one...
Last edited by Bones on 27 Apr 2023, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

The A2A Simulations logo should be the traditional Stewardess seen in the past.
Pat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Guys,

I believe the image is taken from the original box art for the Shockwave Aircraft Power Pack 2 (Long before my time with A2A!). It depicts Curtiss Hawk 81A-2 No '77' flown by Robert T. Smith (AVG) and, of course, is one of the early variants and paint schemes included with the Accu-Sim version. :wink:

Aircraft-Powerpack-2_PC_U.jpg
Aircraft-Powerpack-2_PC_U.jpg (85.3 KiB) Viewed 1417 times

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Nick - A2A wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 08:46 Guys,

I believe the image is taken from the original box art for the Shockwave Aircraft Power Pack 2 (Long before my time with A2A!). It depicts Curtiss Hawk 81A-2 No '77' flown by Robert T. Smith (AVG) and, of course, is one of the early variants and paint schemes included with the Accu-Sim version. :wink:

Aircraft-Powerpack-2_PC_U.jpg

Cheers,
Nick
OOPS! Sorry about that. That radiator opening sure looked like it was from a later model. Guess I was wrong. Tell ya what. Now that FHCAM is about to re-open at Paine Field in Everett, I go up there to check out their early model P-40 from the exact same angle. Another thought: after watching countless "Celebrating Aviation with Mike Machat" episodes on YouTube, I know that aviation artists do take certain liberties when creating box art, and it doesn't always exactly depict what you'd see when looking at the same airplane in real life.

Seeya
ATB

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

I think it's a real shame they changed the logo, they can do anything they want of course. I just hope it wasn't done because of some misplaced wokeness. Just a shame. (Insert head shake here)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Please drop the politics. This is a flightsim forum. These topics never fail to divide.

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Bones wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 16:32 Please drop the politics. This is a flightsim forum. These topics never fail to divide.
Ok, as you were, I hope it wasn't changed because a few people thought it was in bad taste, that would be a shame. :)
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

jeepinforfun wrote: 28 Apr 2023, 13:12 Ok, as you were, I hope it wasn't changed because a few people thought it was in bad taste, that would be a shame. :)
Thank you! I like the P-40 logo, but I wouldn't object to her return as a brunette instead. :mrgreen:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

jeepinforfun wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 13:32 I think it's a real shame they changed the logo, they can do anything they want of course. I just hope it wasn't done because of some misplaced wokeness. Just a shame. (Insert head shake here)
I have her on a B-17 nowadays. :wink:

Steve.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

I used to love the old logo, classic!

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

At least a few years ago. My A2A Cub & Guppy. :D

Forest
FAC257

UKJim
Senior Airman

Post by UKJim »

^^^ supporting the old school vibes 😉

cristi.neagu
Staff Sergeant

Post by cristi.neagu »

When they took down the old logo they said we'll have her back from time to time. I haven't visited the forums nearly as much as others, but I can't say I have seen her since. Hence why I use this avatar image: as a silent protest.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”