P3D V5.4 available!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

P3D V5.4 available!

Post by DrumsArt »

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Re: P3D V5.4 available!

Post by DrumsArt »

Bump!

Any comments about compatibility with the beautiful A2A aircraft?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

Sorry! I never bought v5.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I'm happy to see v5 is continuing to get support but also am reluctant to update and risk breaking my stable build for features I don't really need.

Please, somebody, post your user impressions!
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

All seems ok our end but the lack of response to this stuff certainly does give a nice visual impact of how P3D as a platform is certainly not something to be pursued for any business owners outside of the commercial training side of things.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I downloaded and installed the P3D v5.4 client a couple days ago. Did a test flight in my A2A P-40, Army 155. Everything went very well. Seemed like it loaded just a bit quicker. Only bummer was I got a message saying that some sort of a "connector" couldn't connect. I didn't notice what that was all about, because IRL weather at that moment was severe clear. Later, when setting up for a flight from Cold Bay to St. Paul Island in Alaska, I noticed that the sim weather was still severe clear while the METARs were saying that the weather in that area was pretty bad. Active Sky was indicating bad weather also, but it wasn't getting to my sim. OK - that explained what the connector thing was all about. I reverted to v5.3 and Active Sky was working again. Turns out that can be fixed by downloading and installing the latest beta for Active Sky. Now I'm ready to re-install P3D v5.4.

Not so fast - one of the guys on my MP flight said that the RXP GTN no longer commands the aircraft autopilot. I didn't see that on my test flight because the P-40 doesn't have a GTN or an autopilot.

Will have to do more research here, and maybe wait for the patch from RXP before installing v5.4.

@Lewis: Yeah, there's lots of eye candy in MSFS, but it doesn't have the thing that made the biggest improvement in my long history of flight simming: A2A aircraft.

I like watching Growling Sidewinder smoke MiGs on his DCS YouTube videos, but that's not for me because I know I'd spend most of my time on DCS getting killed. I enjoy watching AvAngel's MSFS YouTube videos, but even through the filter of YouTube, I can tell that most of the add-on aircraft she demos lack the soul of A2A aircraft.

Yeah, the Comanche will be coming out in MSFS real soon now. But when, if ever, will I be able to fly Army 155 in MSFS? Will I ever be able to download and install my favorite N5665P paint job for the MSFS Comanche?

P3D is still where it's at.

Seeya
ATB

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Thank you for this detailed report.
Active Sky P3D and the RXP GTN 650/750 are 'must haves' for me so I'll pass on upgrading to 5.4 until I know those addons are compatible.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Both products are now 5.4 compatible
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

ianfisher 101 wrote: 28 May 2023, 03:48 Both products are now 5.4 compatible
OK - there were a couple problems with P3D v5.4. First one was quickly resolved by downloading and installing the latest beta of Active Sky for P3D. Cool. The second problem, which was RXP GTNs would not capture the glideslope for ILS or any other types of approaches. This was resolved today with the latest update from RXP. Just shot a very clean, no drama ILS approach at Fairchild Intl (KCLM) a few minutes ago in my A2A Cessna 182. All is now good!!

Thanks to Ian, first for noticing these problems and then for initiating the efforts on the RXP forum to resolve the GTN situation.

Seeya
ATB

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”