A GA Airfield video series

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Mantock
Staff Sergeant

A GA Airfield video series

Post by Mantock »

Hey folks,

I've been thinking recently that there are very few videos online focussing on the actual airfields we fly to in flight simulator. So I am thinking of beginning a new series focussing on the airfields themselves for GA flyers. This first video features Shoreham Airfield on the south coast of england.

I'm happy to recieve feedback and also suggestions on what other GA airfields you would like to see in this format!
https://youtu.be/-Vgwd0zN1-8

Regards,
-Peter
ImageImage

UKJim
Senior Airman

Re: A GA Airfield video series

Post by UKJim »

Nice video, I love flying in and out of Shoreham in the sim.

There's lots of GA airfields to choose from to review etc. So it be great to watch.

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Great idea, Peter! I've left it open in a new tab to watch soon (before it drops off the top page of my YT subscriptions!)

We all learn how to operate aircraft somewhat realistically from videos of others reviewing aircraft and so on, but airfield details are seldom covered. Our sims don't necessarily give us all the info we need to operate around these places as would be done in real life, so this series looks really interesting. Yes, charts are available etc. but sometimes they can be overwhelming (and time-consuming) to wade through for a mainly VFR armchair pilot such as myself :D

Jorge Bach
Airman First Class

Post by Jorge Bach »

If someone may be interested, here is a free pack of small to medium airfields at Patagonia (a hard region for fly).

https://flightsim.to/file/48727/fsonfs- ... -far-south
Also you can observe some of these airfields on my YouTube channel (see my signature)

I'm waiting the Comanche 250 for to make a tour on all these airfields.
Kind regards.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Really a great idea! I fly to and from several airports and airfields regularily but have actually never really bothered to take a closer look, even if they are quite beautifully modelled.

ianfisher 101
Staff Sergeant

Post by ianfisher 101 »

Jorge Bach wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 10:10 If someone may be interested, here is a free pack of small to medium airfields at Patagonia (a hard region for fly).

https://flightsim.to/file/48727/fsonfs- ... -far-south
Also you can observe some of these airfields on my YouTube channel (see my signature)

I'm waiting the Comanche 250 for to make a tour on all these airfields.
Kind regards.
Unfortunately Jorge all these airports appear to be for MSFS. I only fly in P3D because of A2A so sadly I can't use these, but very soon that's going to change with the release of the Comanche and Accu-sim 2.0. Then it's reviewing the new release to see if it's worth buying MSFS and yet another Comanche. It will be the third time for the same aircraft. Interesting times ahead.

Peter's series focusing on Airports is just what we VFR pilots need. There's so much info here. I've watched it 3 times now and learnt something new each time.
Spitfire : P-51 : L-049 : C172 : C182 : PA-24 : PA-28 : T-6 : P-40 : V35B : J-3 : P-47 : Anson : 504K : Albatros : B377 : HE-219

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”