Performance?

The most advanced WWII prop aircraft
new reply
seb
Airman Basic

Performance?

Post by seb »

hi i was wondering how this plane flys, it looks awsome i was just wondering is it from the p-38 styleish mould or more a-26, or maybe more b-17:P just wondering as it looks cool and looks like it could be thrown around.

Farmboy
Airman Basic

Re: Performance?

Post by Farmboy »

seb wrote:hi i was wondering how this plane flys, it looks awsome i was just wondering is it from the p-38 styleish mould or more a-26, or maybe more b-17:P just wondering as it looks cool and looks like it could be thrown around.
I am bouncing this but the Uhu is a heavy fighter. No aerobatics for this bird. Very stable and solid. Fast and predictable but cannot be thrown around.

Farmboy

Nachtflieger
Airman

Re: Performance?

Post by Nachtflieger »

Get rid of the ammo, guns, and other payloads. Put the pilot and radar operator on a diet, at 180 lbs each. Cut the fuel load to minimal with center tanks. I promise you this plane can be flown as if Bob Hoover was at the controls, but only if it's light. Wing-overs, high-G (3.5+) turns, short takeoff/landings are all on the menu.

I've done this more or less permanently with all my warbirds in the aircraft.cfg file by either reducing possible number of station loads/fuel tanks or just plain deleting them. After all, this isn't CFS2, why do you need all that ammo? :mrgreen:

Weight/balance will be within limits, no issues.

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He 219 "Owl"”