***Mosquito***

The most advanced WWII prop aircraft
bahbee
Airman

***Mosquito***

Post by bahbee »

I have ALL of you FS9 add-ons, and they're fantastic :D . However, there is one aircraft that I would absolutely LOVE to have... The de Havilland Mosquito. That is my favorite WWII aircraft, hands down.

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE do the Mosquito :D !!!

BTW, I tell everybody I know that they should buy your aircraft. I was just in the annual RTW Race flying for Team Flightsim, and I convinced at least 3 guys to buy the P-51 8) . The P-51H was the fastest a/c in the race, barring the one jet leg that we were allowed :twisted: .
"When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you shall always long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Go to the Pilot's lounge forum and vote in the poll in the thread called
After the He-219.I voted for the mosquito because it was a
highly successful very fast multi role aircraft that carried a huge payload and to boot was made in very large numbers.Also it would make a nice pair for the He 219.
I also voted for it because I think that it is time for another RAF aircraft and the RAF helped my father during his combat missions by fixing his ship and refueling it at an RAF airbase in Italy during 1944.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Talos2005
Senior Airman

Post by Talos2005 »

Hi Bahbee!

As for Mossie, Justflight is on the verge of her release. This kite is made by Aeroplane Heaven.
From commercial developer's viewpoints, this situation must cast some consideration on Shockwave's decision making, I guess.

In case of P47, both Shockwave and Aeroplane Heaven released their own versions into the market.
I have no idea how Shockwave people would think of Mossie.

We, consumers, would enjoy freedom of selection, though.

Kind Regards,

alain0568
Airman Basic

Post by alain0568 »

Hello,

Mosquito,yes,but why not Me 410?
I like this plane!

alain

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

The Skeeter is being done by AH. We don't need another one! Semper Fi, MudMarine

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Yeah, mud, read the above... "freedom of selection". It's not your call to tell them what to make.

Just because AH is doing one, doesn't mean Shockwave can't. Spend your money over there if you want. The rest of us might prefer to support Shockwave. Besides, I think Shockwave would do just as good or even better.
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

michaejlt
Airman

Post by michaejlt »

Il-2 Forgotten Battles release two flyable Mossie's from the latest Patch 4.03m.

Patch 4.04m is to fixed an couple of bugs. Flys very nice and you can shoot or bomb things to boot.... :twisted:

Best Regards

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Man I've been playing IL2 since it was released. Now that game has given many hours of good times. I however was bitten by the fs2004 bug. I didn't like this game when I bought it for my father a few years ago and when I saw some of the addon's which I didn't know where there I tired it and was hooked. It's very hard for me to play IL2 now, I notice that there is a true difference. There seems to be a lack of flight model in IL2 to me and the planes seems to fly like rocks... hehe Don't get me wrong I love that game but wow what a difference between the two...

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Ya, GT182, it is my call to tell them what plane I want to be made next. I'm the consumer, I'm spending my money to buy their product. That's the way busines's work, they make the product to fill the consumer's demand. In the long run it's in Shockwave's best interest not to duplicate what another company is doing. Duplicating the Skeeter only takes money out of there pocket. Shockwave is supremely creative, I would have never quessed that they would make the Owl. In other words they looked at what other companies were doing and picked an awesome project that no one expected! Have you seen the screen shots of the AH skeeter? I can only guess not becuase it's a beautiful done and it's not even finished. No question that Shockwave is the best WWII warplane maker around. But to ignore the talents of companies such as AH, RealAir or Skyunlimited......that just doesn't make sense to me! So if you don't like that I tell them what I want made, well that's too bad. Not everyone has the same opinion as you. I believe that spreading my money around only helps the simm community in the longrun. Competition is a good thing! Semper Fi, MudMarine

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

mudmarine wrote:Ya, GT182, it is my call to tell them what plane I want to be made next. I'm the consumer, I'm spending my money to buy their product. That's the way busines's work, they make the product to fill the consumer's demand. In the long run it's in Shockwave's best interest not to duplicate what another company is doing. Duplicating the Skeeter only takes money out of there pocket. Shockwave is supremely creative, I would have never quessed that they would make the Owl. In other words they looked at what other companies were doing and picked an awesome project that no one expected! Have you seen the screen shots of the AH skeeter? I can only guess not becuase it's a beautiful done and it's not even finished. No question that Shockwave is the best WWII warplane maker around. But to ignore the talents of companies such as AH, RealAir or Skyunlimited......that just doesn't make sense to me! So if you don't like that I tell them what I want made, well that's too bad. Not everyone has the same opinion as you. I believe that spreading my money around only helps the simm community in the longrun. Competition is a good thing! Semper Fi, MudMarine
You are not `The` consumer, you are just `a` consumer. Like the rest of us. Don't get ideas above your station! :lol:

There has never been any serious indication within the sim market that repetition of design has been a substantive marketing factor in the success or failure of an individual product. Perhaps you could point out the study and sourrces that lead you to opine as you do?

Instead, the main parameters of success and/or failure when two developers coincide seems to be the quality of the package, and the quality of the support. It seems obvious to me that having moer than one of something in the sim market actually raises the profile of that thing for the benefit of all.

Besides, all developers bring their little preferences and peccadillos to the party and who knows whether the (generic) customer in the market for a Mossie might not prefer AH on Friday and WOP on Saturday. As long as they (`WE` :o ) BUY both who cares..?
:wink:

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Thank you Snave, you're so funny! I wouldn't want anyone to think I was better than them. Next thing you know I'll declare myself "King of Consumer." Next time I express an "opinion" I'll make sure I put some stats together. I mean, just think how pretty the forum would look with some nice bar charts and such. Nice fancy words also :D I've completely changed my mind! We need another skeeter! Shockwave shouldn't think outside the box, just follow everyone else. No matter what I'll buy! Hope you enjoy the humor :wink: MudMarine

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

mudmarine wrote:Thank you Snave, you're so funny! I wouldn't want anyone to think I was better than them. Next thing you know I'll declare myself "King of Consumer." Next time I express an "opinion" I'll make sure I put some stats together. I mean, just think how pretty the forum would look with some nice bar charts and such. Nice fancy words also :D I've completely changed my mind! We need another skeeter! Shockwave shouldn't think outside the box, just follow everyone else. No matter what I'll buy! Hope you enjoy the humor :wink: MudMarine
Well, that's what makes us all `Kings` in the end MM - as consumers we get to CHOOSE! :lol: 8)

treadhead
Airman Basic

Post by treadhead »

I agree with bahbee. Please, please make the Mosquito. I have your heavy bombers and jets, P51, and P47 (also about to purchase the Owl). Out of all the payware aircraft I own, I for one think your models and cockpit details are the best!!!! Even if someone else is making the Mosquito, I would probally guess you guys would do a much better job. :D

p.s. For all you Mossie lovers out there, I've just picked up a copy of 633 Squadron (1960's movie) on DVD. If you haven't seen it, the live action shots of the Mosquitos are great, not to mention the sound of those engines. It makes up for bad special effects using models.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Hey Mud, no disrespect here or anything like that ... but what about those of us, (ME in particular) that will buy or download NOTHING BUT Shockwave aircraft?

You tellin me I don't get to have a Mossie because someone else who I won't buy from made one and Shockwave can't?

Nah, I have this particular confidence that anything Shockwave will make as far as addons for FS9 will be far superior to anything anyone else, commercial or individually will or have put out.

Shockwave has every right to publish any aircraft they want any time they want. I as "King of Kings of Consumers" dictate that right.

:)
Snuffy

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Personally i'd like them to rebuild the lancaster or at least correct the mistakes, its perhaps there worst model to date and in many areas is just plain wrong, which makes it hard to get good screenies at certain angles, esp if it includes that gawd awful bowl of an upper turret. However Scott has said numerous times that the model went through a 'tough' dev time so i understand the state its in and am lucky we got it in the first wop package.

The me410 seems like a good idea as they already had one for firepower and it looked v good, well to me anyway :D

Since i dont do the individual download thing and rather buy the boxed versions ill be wating for the announcement of the next boxed product, and since all the major aircraft seem to have been done it will be VERY interesting to see what the WOP team decide to do. Actually thinking about it, aside from the mossie how about some other twins, b25, wimpy, boston, maruder etc
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He 219 "Owl"”