Canopy

The most advanced WWII prop aircraft
jsw27
Airman

Canopy

Post by jsw27 »

On my He219, the canopy doesn't seem to open.

snave
Staff Sergeant

Re: Canopy

Post by snave »

jsw27 wrote:On my He219, the canopy doesn't seem to open.
Are you waiting long enough? The manual states five seconds - you have to wait for the cockpit to `depressurise`!

jsw27
Airman

Canopy

Post by jsw27 »

I waited 10-20 seconds, nothing in VC or spot!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

If you start the game, load up the 219, hit SHIFT-E, are you saying nothing happens?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

I have had this problem too Scott. While flying with FAC all the sudden it will not open. I have to completely reset the flight to get it to work again. For example, the start of the flight everthing is fine. Take a little hope and get on the ground and it will not open. The only keys that I have really hit in the flight are the flaps and gear. I would love to help out in the matter if you tell me what you need from me...

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

This is, I think, an age-old FS problem, related to the default choice of key combination of Shift+E. Try changing the open canopy command from Shift+E to a single, `spare` key - the ` key may be free, or to a combo that isn't currently used - CTRL+S (for Start) may be available. Change it in the FS Settings-Assignments menu and see if that fixes it.

Because of its functionality, the SHIFT key is a poor choice for complex key commands when there are other keys in operation.

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

Well now I don't feel so bad since it's happened with me too before... :P

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

What worries me here is we have pushed the length of the canopy animation time to the limit here. We have to include the depressurization and pressurization. I hope we're not exposing a bug in the FS2004 code, which certainly may be happening.

When this happened to me during testing, what fixed it was to hit the SHIFT-E and wait until after the canopy anaimation message flashed (at the top). This means the animation is done. Then, it worked again or was back on track.

What confuses me is someone who starts the sim, hits SHIFTE, and it doesn't open.

Can you guys tell me exactly what happens or what doesn't happen? Do you hear a sound? DO you get any messages indicating the canopy is opening?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

thoga
Airman Basic

Post by thoga »

Scott - Shockwave wrote:What worries me here is we have pushed the length of the canopy animation time to the limit here. We have to include the depressurization and pressurization. I hope we're not exposing a bug in the FS2004 code, which certainly may be happening.

When this happened to me during testing, what fixed it was to hit the SHIFT-E and wait until after the canopy anaimation message flashed (at the top). This means the animation is done. Then, it worked again or was back on track.

What confuses me is someone who starts the sim, hits SHIFTE, and it doesn't open.

Can you guys tell me exactly what happens or what doesn't happen? Do you hear a sound? DO you get any messages indicating the canopy is opening?

Scott.
Hello Scott,

I think that it is not a general problem, because for me it works fine. When I press shift+e I hear the depressurization sound and then the canopy open. After the animation message of the opening procedure is cleared I can press shift+e once again and the canopy close. After the close animation I can hear the pressurization sound.

I hope you understand my english ;-)

Gruss

thoga

snave
Staff Sergeant

Post by snave »

One other thing to add to what Scott is saying: Are you trying to use any oter key during the time you wait for the canopy to (not) open? This can `confuse` the sim. But I still think the issue is one of the choice of key, not an issue with the Heinkel itself.

Epsillon
Senior Airman

Post by Epsillon »

Panther_99FS wrote:Well now I don't feel so bad since it's happened with me too before... :P
+1 :wink:
But as Scott said,i hit Shift-E and wait until the message flashed.Then i hit again Shift-E and it works fine....
The animation is probably the longest i've ever seen on FS9 and our old FS don't seem to appreciate... :lol:
Last edited by Epsillon on 16 Mar 2006, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Well I do know that the few times this has happened that the green message did come up at the top saying it was open and I did hear the noises but nothing happened. I don't usually hit any other keys while things are going on because half the time I'm watching it... hehe

bclancy
Airman Basic

canopy

Post by bclancy »

Hi Scott, I've had the same intermitent problem with the canopy too, often its fine, but sometimes, the greenbar/script will appear, but the canopy wont open till I re-start fs, also I dont get any de-pressurising sounds either

hope this helps

-E
Senior Airman

Post by -E »

I had this happen once after a long flight. I assumed I had not waited long enough when I tried again. I did not however, have to restart FS9, I just hit the old trusty "Shift-A, Enter, Enter" to reload the plane and all was well again.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Yeah that's all I had to do as well is just reset the plane. All was good after that.

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He 219 "Owl"”