Changing prop pitch

The most advanced WWII prop aircraft
new reply
mrbill
Airman Basic

Changing prop pitch

Post by mrbill »

I just downloaded the Heinkel and I seem to be confused over setting prop pitch. The yellow levers move but are declared inactive. The button on the throttle says "mouse wheel" but when I use the mouse wheel I start moving around the cockpit. If I just press it nothing happens. There is also a panel switch with "auto, fixed, and feather." if I click that the RPM drops but I can't alter it after that. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

snave
Staff Sergeant

Re: Changing prop pitch

Post by snave »

mrbill wrote:I just downloaded the Heinkel and I seem to be confused over setting prop pitch. The yellow levers move but are declared inactive. The button on the throttle says "mouse wheel" but when I use the mouse wheel I start moving around the cockpit. If I just press it nothing happens. There is also a panel switch with "auto, fixed, and feather." if I click that the RPM drops but I can't alter it after that. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
The adjusters are at the ends of the power levers - the little trigger switches. The panel is to switch OFF the prop pitch, so don't use that!

Best to use keyboard commands as, for once, they actually better represent how the pitch adjustment works! :lol:

mrbill
Airman Basic

Post by mrbill »

I see the little trigger switches on the throttle, but they don't respond. I may have to take your advice and use the keyboard.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hi. Hover the mouse over this little switch and use mouse wheel. No click or drag works here.

regards
ROB

mrbill
Airman Basic

Post by mrbill »

I appreciate the responses, but as I said when I hover over the button and use my mouse wheel, it works like active camera and moves me forward or backward through the cockpit.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

It seems like your mouse wheel is mapped to a view function.

If you don't have a slider to map to the prop pitch in FS2004, the keyboard is probably the best choice.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mrbill
Airman Basic

Post by mrbill »

Thanks for all the advice. I discovered that I have a module called F1view that is provided by Wilco. It is a free substitute for Active Camera, and works off the mouse wheel. It is in the module folder and can be disabled by changing the dll file to "bak" or just drag it out. Hope this will help anyone with the same problem. It is a great aircraft!

Thanks, Bill C.

Guardsman_081
Airman Basic

Post by Guardsman_081 »

I have come across quite an interesting problem while flying the He-219, A-0 I think. If you do feather your props using the box with manual, fixed, feather, then the rpm's never recover. I have even changed to a different variation of the plane, as well as a different plane entirely. The prop pitch can be set to 100% and all the way down to 0%, but from what I can tell the rpm's stay the same. I switched to the Mustang and moved the pitch from 0% to 100% but the tachometer would not raise or fall from 1,800 rpm's. After I restarted the flight simulator, everything was working again, but just as a warning, DO NOT feather your props during, or before, flight. If this problem is only with me I am sorry, but be aware.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

These are rather emergency procedures - the auto and feather positions, I mean. Actuall german pilots were forbiden to touch these switches.

You can switch the engines off and on to get back to regular control.

regards
ROB

RocketDog
Airman Basic

Post by RocketDog »

Guardsman_081 wrote:I have come across quite an interesting problem while flying the He-219, A-0 I think. If you do feather your props using the box with manual, fixed, feather, then the rpm's never recover. I have even changed to a different variation of the plane, as well as a different plane entirely. The prop pitch can be set to 100% and all the way down to 0%, but from what I can tell the rpm's stay the same.
I have this with the 219 as well. I tried playing with the prop pitch and all that happened was the engines stuck at one particular RPM and wouldn't move. I'll have a look at this in more detail tonight if I get chance.

Cheers,

RocketDog.

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He 219 "Owl"”