Ya' know...

The most advanced WWII prop aircraft
new reply
-E
Senior Airman

Ya' know...

Post by -E »

I was just sitting in the VC while cruising along. You can't help but notice how great a job was done on this plane. You really feel like you're there. Beyond the "normal" stuff, I'm looking at the sliding window glass "framing," The shades of the armored glass (can't stop hitting "O" *grin*). Looking down around the rudder pedals, the tub looks really good. Extremely nice shading of VC textures in general/overall. That whiskey compass is fantastic. I still can't get the suit heater to work, but I'm hoping that will be less of a problem as spring begins to actually happen where I live. You guys have been steadily improving from a high level start, and it shows. Pretty close to 100% on the gauge helptext this time around too! *grin* I still can't figure out why my radar operator is using all the gaseous O2 in a pressurized cockpit under 5,000 ft, but this is a great FS plane!

GT182
Staff Sergeant

Post by GT182 »

Speaking of the Radar Operator, I wish we could jump into that seat and ride with the 219 on autopilot. It would be an interesting view. :wink:
"War does not determine who is right- only who is left" Bertrand Russell

Member Of Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, Pa.
Tour Coordinator KILG and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG
Bombs-Away.net

redrooster
Technical Sergeant

Post by redrooster »

In the VC you can move your eyepoint to the back seat :wink:

redrooster.
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He 219 "Owl"”