Request

The most advanced WWII prop aircraft
new reply
Lawman
Airman

Request

Post by Lawman »

Hello Shockwave-team,

I just bought your wonderful He-219 through Simmarket. Great aircraft 8), but there's one minor thing that's bugging me:

To my astonishment the aircraft don't have the swastika nor the "Werke"-number (serial number) on the tailfin that are clearly shown in the screenshots Shockwave and other customers have published :( . Now I know Simmarket is a German outfit and I am aware of German law that forbids the depiction of the swastika-symbol, but I'm a stickler for historical accuracy and I'm not German :x (nothing against our German friends :wink:).

To cut a long story short: is there a way to obtain the "historical correct" textures :??
Last edited by Lawman on 19 Mar 2006, 13:47, edited 1 time in total.

Lawman
Airman

Post by Lawman »

I have found an additional "he219_1_t.bmp"-file in the "C:\Program Files\Wings of Power\"-folder, along with three similar files with the extension 001, 002 and 003. I assume these are the textures with the swastikas.

Can anybody tell me which file goes where? I suppose I have to rename the last three files into bmp-files :??

RocketDog
Airman Basic

Re: Request

Post by RocketDog »

Lawman wrote:Hello Shockwave-team,
To cut a long story short: is there a way to obtain the "historical correct" textures :??
Well, I bought mine via a download and it has the "historically correct" markings. If you are stuck I can just email you the textures.

Cheers,

RocketDog.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

No those are not them - they are not in the packages distributed from SimMarket. See here to get them:
http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... 7128#37128

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Lawman
Airman

Post by Lawman »

Scott,

Thank you very much for your swift reply. Really appreciate it 8). Sorry if I've been an impatatient PITA :oops:. The Dora's next on my list :lol:.

RocketDog, thanks to you also for trying to help.

new reply

Return to “Heinkel He 219 "Owl"”