WoP WWII Fighters - install sequence for FSX

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
vmx12
Airman

WoP WWII Fighters - install sequence for FSX

Post by vmx12 »

Hello!

It doesn't look like there have been any updates on this thread in a while, so I thought I'd resurrect it.

I have the old boxed WoP WWII fighters add-on package and wish to install it into my new, first-time installation of FSX Gold. I know there's the 1.2 update; and there are supposedly individual updates for each of the five aircraft, making them FSX compatible? (This is where I get hazy.)

Is there a simple, step-by-step install sequence that would include all of the steps (and various updates) I'd need to take to install it properly?

Thank you! :wink:

VMX12

vmx12
Airman

Re: WoP WWII Fighters - install sequence for FSX

Post by vmx12 »

Hello again!

So, I have each of the five aircraft installed in FSX. So, I should now apply each of the four patches individually, one by one? And there's no need to apply the 1.2 update then?

Darrin

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

As I recall, the 1.2 patch added added an additional variant of the Bf109E along with a lot of general fixes to all the aircraft. You'd probably want to install the 1.2 update before applying all of the individual FSX updates.

The individual FSX updates came much later after the 1.2 update, and were chiefly to make the 3D models and textures more compatible with the current version of FSX.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

vmx12
Airman

Post by vmx12 »

Skycat wrote:As I recall, the 1.2 patch added added an additional variant of the Bf109E along with a lot of general fixes to all the aircraft. You'd probably want to install the 1.2 update before applying all of the individual FSX updates.

The individual FSX updates came much later after the 1.2 update, and were chiefly to make the 3D models and textures more compatible with the current version of FSX.
Thanks, Skycat! I'll apply the update first and then go back and apply the patches, one by one. :)

vmx12

vmx12
Airman

Post by vmx12 »

Skycat wrote:As I recall, the 1.2 patch added added an additional variant of the Bf109E along with a lot of general fixes to all the aircraft. You'd probably want to install the 1.2 update before applying all of the individual FSX updates.

Skycat,

I have two quick questions. I have successfully installed all five aircraft from WoP WWII Fighters into FSX and am ready to install update 1.2 and the individual patches for each of the four aircraft.

1) Install update 1.2 first, which will provide general updates for all five aircraft installed into my FSX?
2) Then install the patches, one by one, for each of the four aircraft - even the P-47 Thunderbolt included in the boxed set? (I don't have the SOLO version of the Thunderbolt; mine came from the boxed set. The SOLO one is confusing me.)

Thanks!

VMX12

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The SOLO aircraft are from the "WWII Fighters: Special Edition" CD. However, they were released later as updated versions ready for FSX.

I don't have any SOLO aircraft because I had bought the "WWIIF:SE" CD as soon as it came out (in summer of 2006 as I recall). Whenever I've installed from the CD, I've always run the 1.2 update afterward and then the four FSX update patches.

If you are only installing only the CD versions, and not the SOLO versions, just keep in mind that you are installing the very earliest release of this series. The SOLO P-47D came out after the CD. All of the "WWII Fighters"/Wings of Power II patches are relevant. :)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

vmx12
Airman

Post by vmx12 »

Skycat wrote:The SOLO aircraft are from the "WWII Fighters: Special Edition" CD. However, they were released later as updated versions ready for FSX.

I don't have any SOLO aircraft because I had bought the "WWIIF:SE" CD as soon as it came out (in summer of 2006 as I recall). Whenever I've installed from the CD, I've always run the 1.2 update afterward and then the four FSX update patches.

If you are only installing only the CD versions, and not the SOLO versions, just keep in mind that you are installing the very earliest release of this series. The SOLO P-47D came out after the CD. All of the "WWII Fighters"/Wings of Power II patches are relevant. :)
Perfect! Thanks again, Skycat!

VMX12

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”