The REVIEWS are IN!

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

The REVIEWS are IN!

Post by Scott - A2A »

Below is list all known independent reviews of WWII FIGHTERS as they are found in the order in which they are released.

Reviewer: PC Gaming World Magazine
Rating: 95% - Editor's Choice

"Shockwave's Bf 109 and Spitfire cockpits are the best of any aircraft [in] any flight simulation around - worth every cent."
"If you really want to get a feeling for what it was like to climb in the cockpit and soar into the skies with one of these WWII legends, this is as good as it gets."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reviewer: PC Pilot Magazine
Rating: 100%

"Let's take a closer look at what you get for your money. The version I have comes on a single CD-ROM and also includes a set of full-colour fold-out sheets. Measuring 42cm across by 35cm in depth, these large paper 'fold-outs' contain pilot's notes for each of the five included aircraft and are designed to help you get the most out of each one. Dominating the central panel of each fold-out is a large screenshot of the cockpit pertaining to each aircraft...If that was not enough, an additional sheet includes comparative data between the aircraft which is presented in pictoral graphs. It illustrates how each aircraft compares in terms of top speed, maximum range, engine horsepower, power-to-weight ratio, combat weight as well as maximum rate of climb. Fans of WWII fighter aircraft will find this kind of information not only fascinating, but educational...Shockwave is to be applauded for including this information in this innovative and handy format and other developers should be encouraged to follow suit."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reviewer: Game Vortex
Rating: 98%
Full Review: http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/soft_rev.php/3148

"As with Shockwave’s last effort, planes are accurately modeled down to the last rivet. Everything is highly detailed and amazingly clear. This attention to detail carries over to the sound department. Engine noises are true-to-life and come through at full force."

Reviewer: PC GAMES
Rating: 92%
Full Review: http://pcgames.gwn.com/reviews/gamerevi ... d/980/p/1/

"In recent years, one company, Shockwave Productions, has ascended rapidly to elite status to Flight Simulator enthusiasts with the release in 2004 of the stunning Wings of Power I: WWII Heavy Bombers and Jets. WOPI was one of the most commercially successful and highest rated add-ons in the history of the Flight Simulator franchise. Not content to rest on its laurels, Shockwave is back with Wings of Power II: World War II Fighters - Special Edition (WOPII)."

"Beginning with the amazing Firepower add-on for MS Combat Flight Simulator 3, Wings of Power: Heavy Bombers and Jets, a few detailed single WWII aircraft add-ons, and now Wings of Power II: WWII Fighters Special Edition, Shockwave has established itself as the boldest and probably the best developer of payware add-ons for one of PC gaming’s all-time greatest franchises.
If you’re a real enthusiast of MS Flight Simulator 2004, you’ve got to get this one."

Highs
Outstanding flight models, graphics, and sound. 3D virtual cockpits are to die for. FSX compatible.

Lows
None that I can confirm at this point.

Final Verdict
Utterly convincing simulations of five unique and wildly popular WWII fighter planes for the best civilian flight simulator of all time.

Reviewer: SIMHQ
Full Review: http://www.simhq.com/_air7/air_243a.html

"The attention to detail and level of modeling is simply jaw dropping.

Zooming in on various areas of the cockpit show nice crisp textures and, most importantly, easily readable lettering on the various switches and dials, allowing you to explore and find the multitude of controls you’ll need to operate the aircraft properly.

Flying the P-51 I felt a bit like I had the tiger by the tail while the P-47 is just pure butter to fly.

There is plenty more to share about these fine aircraft, but suffice it to say that Shockwave has produced one of the finest collections of add-on aircraft for Flight Simulator 2004 that have ever been put together."

Reviewer: Computer Pilot Magazine
October 2006 Issue
Rating: This magazine does not give ratings on reviews

Closing Statement:
“If you enjoy very realistic and beautiful flight sim aircraft, this add-on is for you. Shockwave has definitely come through with yet another great product.”

Reviewer: AVSIM
http://www.avsim.com/pages/1006/WWII/WWII.htm
Rating: This site does not give ratings on reviews

This product should be on every one's hard drive.

It is truly amazing that any one developer would release 5 different aircraft of this caliber in one inexpensive package.

Sitting in the virtual cockpit of any of the 5 aircraft will give you such a feeling of being there, it is unreal.

The sounds in this add-on are some of the best I have ever heard for WW2 aircraft

Flying each of the aircraft is a challenge. I found that each plane has its own little quirks and it takes some getting used to! You can’t just point your plane down the runway and expect to takeoff. You will need to make use of your rudders to compensate for the torque of the powerful engines as most of the planes have a real desire to pull to the left when you are attempting a takeoff roll.

If you have an interest in vintage aircraft or a desire to try something a little less conventional than that of modern aviation, this product has it all and let me tell you; Shockwave Productions has a customer for life!

Reviewer: PC Gamer
Rating: 88% - “Excellent”

“Each of the game’s five flyable planes – the P-47D-20, P-51D Mustang, Mk IA Spitfire, A6M5 Zero, and Messerschmitt Bf109 features down-to-the-rivet authenticity.”

“Be forewarned, though: After just one hour behind the stick of Shockwave’s dreamy P-51 Mustang, you might never want to fly a Cessna again.”
Last edited by Scott - A2A on 18 Oct 2006, 20:16, edited 15 times in total.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Villicus
Senior Airman

Post by Villicus »

Outstanding!!!!!

Now y'all go make some more stuff so we can buy it :D
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core
Asus 5870 Eyefinity 6 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Grats Shockwave!
Snuffy

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

Very well deserved guys. :D

Mags
Airman Basic

Post by Mags »

That's well deserved! :D

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Ya, stop basking in the glory and get back to work!! We're all looking to spend some more money....GEEZ! :) S/F MudMarine

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

mudmarine wrote:Ya, stop basking in the glory and get back to work!! We're all looking to spend some more money....GEEZ! :) S/F MudMarine
Ain't it the truth. :lol:

Spectre_USA
Airman

Post by Spectre_USA »

Stay tuned, as another will be out next month in Flight Journal.

Not a dedicated gaming/simulation mag, but I've been infesting a little corner of it
for a while now... :D

Virtual Pilot Columnist
Flight Journal Magazine

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Spectre, please let us know when it is on the shelves, Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Yup Hawk, it's the truth!!

Hello everyone, my name is MudMarine, and I've been a WoPahlolic for as long as I can remember. As soon as I save some money the WoP team just seems to have a six sense about my next dream airplane for FS9. They build it and I spend. I just can't control myself........

S/F MudMarine

SlipBall
Airman Basic

Post by SlipBall »

Scott....If you guys could create a new combat sim, useing these aircraft, and on-line play. The sim would go GOLD over nite. We seek realism, and complexity....and you guys deliver that.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We're working towards that goal.
A2A Simulations Inc.

SlipBall
Airman Basic

Post by SlipBall »

Great news!...probably a few years out though

Nachtflieger
Airman

Re: The REVIEWS are IN!

Post by Nachtflieger »

WWII Fighters is my favorite A2A product, with the Uhu also right up there. I believe I must be a WoPaholic.

I guess all those rave reviews are irrelevant now that Accusim is out, no? (That is a joke, please don't take it seriously - the aircraft fly superbly and the reviews are still valid).

I will just have to be satisfied with that "relaxed realism" of the original WWII Fighters. :wink:

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”