Starting the P-47

Five "Ace" aircraft in a box
new reply
Stuntie
Senior Airman

Starting the P-47

Post by Stuntie »

I can't seem to get the P-47 started.
P-51 and Zero are fine, but the P-47 just whirls the props wheezes and gives up.

I just read about a 109 startup issue.
Is that the same thing? Do I need to tweak a file or anything?

Or is there something Im missing even though I'm following the checklist.
That is apart from 5: booster pump to Emergency - where is that in the cockpit?
Could that be the problem?

Cheers
Stuntie.

Glider
Airman

Post by Glider »

Stuntie,

The "booster pump" is the red selector switch in the lower left hand compartment by the electrical panel. It will show as the 'fuel pump' when you place the cursor over it in the 3D cockpit. It also has only two positions "ON" & "OFF".

As for starting make sure you are following checklist exactly. Make sure you cycle the magneto's off then back to both. I was having an issue where the mag switch did not function properly right after startup. Have you tried the Crtl + E command which is the autostart for FS? If it works then make sure to check all of your switches. And don't forget to prime either as it makes a difference. Hope this helps.

Glider

Stuntie
Senior Airman

Post by Stuntie »

Glider wrote:Stuntie,

The "booster pump" is the red selector switch in the lower left hand compartment by the electrical panel. It will show as the 'fuel pump' when you place the cursor over it in the 3D cockpit. It also has only two positions "ON" & "OFF".

As for starting make sure you are following checklist exactly. Make sure you cycle the magneto's off then back to both. I was having an issue where the mag switch did not function properly right after startup. Have you tried the Crtl + E command which is the autostart for FS? If it works then make sure to check all of your switches. And don't forget to prime either as it makes a difference. Hope this helps.

Glider
Thanks.
Been turning the fuel pump on, so thats fine. Fully primed as well.
It starts with Ctl-E so it must be a switch issue.
I'll see if it's the mag switch and cycle it a bit.

Can't make out the text very well on the mag. Should it be full left or full right for Both?

Cheers
Stuntie.

Glider
Airman

Post by Glider »

Stuntie,

Full Right is both. FYI- you can zoom your view in and out using the '+' and '-' keys. To make smaller adjustments in zoom use 'Shift +' and 'Shift -' keys. Also make sure you have the latest patch.

The issue I was having was that the Mag's were off but the position was shown still in the BOTH position right after I fired up flight sim. Cycling the mag switch a couple of times seemed t do the trick. It is a lot more enjoyable to do a manual start than that auto start. Hope this helps.

Glider

Stuntie
Senior Airman

Post by Stuntie »

Still no joy.
FSX patched, and WW2 fighters patched.

Defiantely right start sequence, but she doesnt start.
Onething I noticedthough was that when I clicked the starter switch it went up then back down even if I held the mouse button down. But on Ctrl -E the switch stayed up until the engine started.

P-51 and Zero, no problems, just the P-47.

Stuntie
Senior Airman

Post by Stuntie »

Got it to start consistantly.

I did the tweak from the Bf-109 similar issue.
Changed starter torque to 0.1.
Now she starts fine.

Is this indicative of the 1.2 patch not having been applied correctly or anything like that?

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Stuntie wrote: Is this indicative of the 1.2 patch not having been applied correctly or anything like that?
No, it isn't. You're patched for good.

This isn't an issue of any particular aircraft. It's more an FSX issue. The bigger values - 0.035 to 0.1 - of starter torque required to fire up piston engines are far far from reality :(. We hoped this would change in SP1 - so far, no luck ;)

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Redsteak
Airman Basic

Post by Redsteak »

There is always control+E if you don't want to be realistic. :)

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Starting the P-47

Post by Norforce »

The only joy ( not ) I get is the big cloud of smoke when I start with CLT E it runs for 15 sec then stops will not run at all have tried every thing it will just not start :-(
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Norforce this is the forum for WOPII birds, do you mean the WOPIII version with accu-sim?

If so check your settings in fsx that they conform with the manual. Also check your default flight. Its best to keep this as stock Cessna with default engine running.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

no m8 I got the A2A - Wings of Power II P47 Thunderbolt wrong one it's not the Acc-Sim
Ron
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Fixed just had to be @ the right Airfield it seems it was a fuel problem even when it had fuel in the Aux tanks
Thanks all
Ron
ImageImageImageImage

TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

new reply

Return to “WWII FIGHTERS”