Re: BF109 Paint Kit here

Post by Ebo »

Thanks, much appreciated!! :lol:

Gymo
Airman Basic

Post by Gymo »

It seems not to be able to DL it now... :(
It would be appreciated if there is a mirror.

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

SOH has recently had a server crash and they are working around the clock to get all the files re-uploaded from the numerous back-ups. I would suggest you give it a week and try again.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

AUsoar
Airman Basic

Post by AUsoar »

absolutely brilliant paintkit, my congratulations goes out to the creator ; )

i do have but one issue: ive created my aircraft and converted to .dds and whatnot, but the model keeps coming out completely black; this has happened with all but one of my other downloaded repaints also. does anyone know of this issue/ how to fix it???

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

This is what you have to do to "install" your repaint:
1. Put your bf109#_t.dds files to new texture folder and name it 'texture.???'
2. Copy 'texture.cfg' file from one of the stock texture folders to your 'texture.???' folder.
3. Edit 'aircraft.cfg' file: depending on version (e4, e3, trop) copy existing stock [flightsim.#] section. Let the # be next number in order and the texture line point to your '???' folder.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

AUsoar
Airman Basic

Post by AUsoar »

followed those instructions to the letter, but it still seems to produce the same error...

also with this paintkit, the base models seem to be offset just a tad and it completely messes up the rest of the model?

seems like these repaints are out to get me, lol

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Black model means missing texture(s).
Are all the parts of the model black? Some parts are covered by shared textures from TEXTURE folder. For example propeller disk, virtual cockpit, glazing or pilot to name a few...

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

AUsoar
Airman Basic

Post by AUsoar »

literally all of the model comes out black, cockpit and all...unfortunately ive given up with using other peoples repaints :|

luckily those that ive made from this repaint kit are working now, so im quite happy to make do with those now :)

now going completely off topic, does anyone know any historical tactics which 109 pilots used against spitfires? dive and curve seems to work, but negative g's dont seem to be so effective....

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

If you are interested in realistic tactics, then get Battle of Britain II. I am not just recommending this because this is our game, but because the FM and AI is so well designed.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

AUsoar
Airman Basic

Post by AUsoar »

yes! i was thinking of buying such a game, however i was waiting for the producers of il2 to come out with their new battle of britain game, so i could compare reviews and whatnot.

mind you, seeing what a great job you guys have done in fsx may have swayed my opinion!

midplaza
Airman Basic

Post by midplaza »

I cannot reach the page with the BF109 Paint Kit, and my search is not accepted at the SOH, even after the log-in. I would very much appreciate it
if you could kindly explain how I could acquire this Paint Kit. I would really love to add variations of my own to your excellent BF109.

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

midplaza wrote:I cannot reach the page with the BF109 Paint Kit, and my search is not accepted at the SOH, even after the log-in. I would very much appreciate it
if you could kindly explain how I could acquire this Paint Kit. I would really love to add variations of my own to your excellent BF109.
Try this link....

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/p ... ileID=7817
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

midplaza
Airman Basic

Post by midplaza »

Thank you so much for your very quick response! At last I got it!
I really appreciate it.

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”