Trim indicator light

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
labrat4jafmc

Trim indicator light

Post by labrat4jafmc »

First posting here. Now that I have all the updates life is good. Hats off to the creators of this add on as it is fantastic! The few questions that I have are these.

1. On the electrical panel there is a working breaker for the "trim indicator light". O.k., where is the light? How do you use it and how does it function?

2. There is a working red button on the panel marked "Null SchuB". It does not seem to have a function. What is it for?

Comment on attention to detail. You can turn of the lights for the landing gear status display for tactical light disciplin. Awesome. Never knew the 109 had manually operated flaps either.

Thanks for a great product and support community. Well done everyone.

lucas
Staff Sergeant

Re: Trim indicator light

Post by lucas »

The trim light is located on the left side of the cockpit, just in front of the flap/trim wheels. This feature was added after the FSX patch, as well as flap jams and their manual operation.

As for your second question, please take a look here: http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/for ... d66c08aa83

Lucas

labrat4jafmc

Post by labrat4jafmc »

Ok. I got it now. For anyone else that is interested the trim indicator is the round cap at the base of the throttle assembly forward of the trim wheel. It show degrees plus or minus of nuetral in a window at the top of it. The light switch on the panel works the light that will illuminate the display.

And NullschuB apparently is a cease-fire button next to all the other arming switches for some reason. Perhaps for in the event of a runaway gun or cooking off rounds it would break the belt feeds.

Thanks for the heads up.

Osram
BDG & A2A

Post by Osram »

"NullschuB" literally means "zero shot" and means the weapons CAN not fire. If I understand correctly it is used while calibrating the synchronisation mechanism to fire only when no prop blade is in front, but to fire as long / often as possible. To do this, you need electrical voltage so that you can connect a small lamp and see whether it only lights up when there is no blade in front. You then manually slowly turn the prop. Of course in flight that very current makes the weapons shoot - which is not what you want when calibrating the synch mechanism on ground, Therefore this knob to disable any firing of the guns. So, this is not something that would ever be used by pilots.

Dark_P
Airman

Post by Dark_P »

Hi guys! sorry for necroposting but i have new theory about the "red button"
Anyway i was reading this.. http://www.vintagewings.ca/page?a=1261&lang=en-CA

"I noticed that this particular aeroplane incorporated a small electrical switch on the floor, marked “Prop: Auto/Manual”, but it was wired to the Manual position"

So.. i think that the red button could be the switch for selecting Automatic/manual prop, i know that he says that the button is on the floor but i have read that the button was placed on the throttle or on the dashboard originally.

Maybe i am just barking up the wrong tree here :oops: you can just tell me if so :D

EDIT:

Osram i looked up nullschub, it also means "zero-thrust", maybe it could be something with the prop?

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

That "red button" has nothing to do with the prop pitch. It exists on either aicraft with fixed / adjustable pitch propeller - in our pack it is represented by the E3 with the prop pitch control on the dashboard - and constant speed propeller - represented by the E4 with electric thumb-switch for setting the RPMs to be maintained, on the throttle lever (the dashboard control for manual prop pitch removed).

Also note the "P14" designation and the "P15" above the machineguns safty-arming panel, both belong to the same group of controls: P-Anlage which refers to fixed guns.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

Dark_P
Airman

Post by Dark_P »

ROB - A2A wrote:That "red button" has nothing to do with the prop pitch. It exists on either aicraft with fixed / adjustable pitch propeller - in our pack it is represented by the E3 with the prop pitch control on the dashboard - and constant speed propeller - represented by the E4 with electric thumb-switch for setting the RPMs to be maintained, on the throttle lever (the dashboard control for manual prop pitch removed).

Also note the "P14" designation and the "P15" above the machineguns safty-arming panel, both belong to the same group of controls: P-Anlage which refers to fixed guns.

regards
ROB
Yeah i know, you are right! i just read about now :oops:

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”