Bf109e as AI aircraft

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
Jive1
Airman Basic

Bf109e as AI aircraft

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
I have the Bf109e and want to use it as an AI aircraft.
It seems that something does not work well...
Each time when the Bf109e takes off and is directed by the preprogrammed flightplan to another airport, taking off goes well, butonce it is on hthe air, it just flies straight away and doen not fly to the planned airport....
This is my flightplan: AC#91,NEW,80%,2Hr,IFR,00:04:55,00:30:52,150,F,0009,EBAW,01:21:58,01:47:55,120,F,0009,EBAM
When it takes off on runway 29 it keeps on flying straight to directio 29....
The same aoccurs on every flight that I compose...
Why is that?
Greetz
Jive1

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Re: Bf109e as AI aircraft

Post by mattgn »

Is this an issue with an addon flightplanning program?
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

Jive1
Airman Basic

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
I use TTools for compiling the flights and AFX for preparing the parkings on the airport, and I do so already many years for lots of other aicraft.
This is the first time that this erro accurs to me....
Greetz
Jive1

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

Have you posted this issue on the support forums for the programs (TTools etc) you use?
They may have a better understanding of what may be causing the problem.

There may also be members here that have a good working knowledge of the programs and has experienced, and fixed, an issue very similar to yours.
But if you haven't allready done so, I'd definitely seek the guidance of the support folks for those other programs you're using.
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

Jive1
Airman Basic

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
I did already what you advise me.... They said: ask the aircraft designer...
However, even when I use these two programs TTools and AFX, that don't matter here! The flightplan is what it is, and in fact everyone can make such a flightplan even with Notepad, as long as all data that are required are in the flightplan. So I doubt that these two programs have caused an error.
If there is an error, then it is in my FS2004 system or it is in the Bf109e's .cfg and/or .air files. Since I contacted a texture designer Mike for the aircraft, and he pretends that on his place the Bf109e does well as an AI aircraft. And also all other AI airtcraft that I use in my system, and that is quite a lot!.... are doing perfectly, so I'm affreid that there is an error somewhere in the software of the aircraft .
And that!...
That is exactly what I am searching for now, and I wonder wether somebody that has the plane in his own system as an AI plane knows more about a possible error....
Greetz
Jive1

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you tried a different airport?

I believe the 109 has been used by many sucessfully as AI aircraft in FS2004.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jive1
Airman Basic

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
Yes, of course I tried several airports.... But always the same result.
And by the way, it isn't just to believe, it is better to know!
Thats is why I just took now a small traject of about 65nm from one to another airport to fly to and back, just for doing several tests and to find a solution. But nothing up to now....
The plane does all what is supposed to do, start engine, make the traject at the start airport, take off and....Then, when it flies, and usually right after take off it choses the direction to fly to, but it stoppes doing what is is supposed to do, instead of that it goes straight away till the border of the area where the system plays as a radar, I cab see that on the traffic map, and then it simply disappears.
On the other hand, I didn't succeed to see, when I was waiting there, the aicraft at the arrival airport landing and rolling to the preprogrammed parking place... It just does not arrive at the supposed spot at the expected arrival time.
But, when I then stop and restart FS9, at the same spot and the same time, the aircraft is on the parking where it was supposed to arrive.....
Strange! I've never seen such things within the many years that I use FS9 with lots of AI planes and lots of flightplans that I made myself using Notepad, compiling with TTools flying between all airports of which I made myself these Afcads or at least adapted them for better AI aircraft use.
Maybe!.... Maybe there is something that I myself don't see now, have forgotten now, or whatever, and that is what I also am looking for. What is wrong here, is there somewhere an error that I can solve myself, or.... Is there something with this Bf109e so that it reacts differently from others aircraft?.....
Greetz
Jive1

Baron58
Senior Airman

Post by Baron58 »

Have you tried the same plan but VFR instead of IFR?

Jive1
Airman Basic

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
Indeed, that one I did not try yet...
But now, as I did, it doesn't change nothing. Th plane goes straigh out; climbs to the programmed level, and keeps on flying the direction of the runway where it took off.

Let me put the question in a different way...
Why would an AI aircraft refuse to turn? I've seen that question already before on this forum, but can't find the topic anymore.....
Can there be a specific software reason why it refuses?
Greetz
Jive1

Jive1
Airman Basic

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
I found it now, it was in the topic....
Re: Using A2A planes with AI toolsPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:26 pm
It says....
"although I do know that when used as "real" AI (i.e. using flight plans rather than a recorder tool) the Bf109E does go straight and refuses to turn, the Accu-Sim B-17G nosedives into the ground and disappears. The non Accu-Sim B-17G, P-51D and both WoP2 and Accu-Sim P-47Ds work perfectly. "
In fact there was a Ian P who said that, but there is nothing more in that topic, so this helps me no more....
Greetz
Jive1

Jive1
Airman Basic

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
I think I've fgound a solution....
Replacing the .air-file by another gives sometimes better results....
What I did is, I replced the .air-file of the Bf109e by the .air-file of a Spitfire aircraft, and you see, the problem is over! From now on the Messeschmitt dos exactly as it should do, inclusie turning parking place...
The question is now, to find the best approptriate .air-file available, and that is searching an bit...
Anyhow, wether this solution is acceptable or not, it works!!!!!
Greetz
Jive1

Jive1
Airman Basic

Post by Jive1 »

Hey!
In my searching for a better .air-file, does anybody know which aircraft meets best with Bf109e as far as flight characteristics is concerned, because I found that a Spitfire .air-file that I test now makes the Messerschmitt touching down too far away from the runway beginning and hence needs too long a landing strip, but also the flight speed is lower than the Messerschmitt....
So the .air-file that I use now is not good enough...
Can anybody advise me which other .air-file fits best to replace the one of the Bf109e?
Greetz
Jive1

Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Ian P »

I ended up using another developer's Bf109E flight dynamics (both .air file and aircraft.cfg) with the contact points tweaked slightly and the A2A visual model. Nothing else I tried worked.

Finally, I just gave up and used the other model for my AI altogether, although even that's not installed right now, so the Luftwaffe airstrips are deserted of anything but (another developer's) FW190s, which were designed originally and specifically for AI work.

Ian P.

Wiqvist
Senior Airman

Post by Wiqvist »

May a bit of topic, but I use all Accu-sim aircrafts as Ai aircrafts in Ulimate Traffic 2. It use to work fine, the only thing is that some times when the aircrafts are parked on the ground so is the landing gear up even if they seems to be standing on landing gear. Like the P-51 for example, when it is parked the flaps are up and landing geare are up, closed and looked but it still seems like it standing on its landing gear. And when the models take off it works perfectly fine except for the landing gear you do not see but they work. This have I not seen as a problem so I have not cared to solve it. But if anyone knows of an easy solution so will I be glad.

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”