flaps & realengine

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

flaps & realengine

Post by dvm »

Accu-Feel got me interested in flying some of my older aircraft. I have always liked the 109. I have the WWII fighters version with all the updates. I installed realengine 1.1 in the 109 and the flaps won't extend or retract using the extend flaps fully/retract flaps fully commands. The flaps work if you use the wheel in the cockpit which is not practical while trying to fly the airplane. If I remove realengine the flaps then work as advertised. Does anyone have an explanation ? It was not all a waste as I learned a few things about the 109 while researching to come up with the engine operating limits. I found a English translated manual on line that I found interesting. I was surprised how modest a boost the supercharger produces 1.3 ata (atmosphere absolute) is only 39 inches. Obviously I would rather have operating flaps than realengine.

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/hist/WW2His ... nuals.html

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: flaps & realengine

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The flaps were changed in the update to reflect how they actually operate. If you HOLD down F8 and F5 respectively, you will manually move them. You no longer hit the button once and let it do its thing.
ImageImage
ImageImage

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

I am aware of how the flaps operate that is not my question. The problem is they do not operate with realengine installed but work properly without realengine installed. Please re-read my original post. Thanks

Vince

teson1
Airman Basic

Post by teson1 »

Hello Vince,
I just stumbled across your issue googling.
I normally don't come here as unfortunately my computer is not up to the task of running FSX (and the accusim planes :( ).

I have no idea what would cause your issue with flaps operation and RealEngine.
RE doesn't have any effect on the flaps themselves (it does not set flap position directly, even if a failure occurs).
Flap failure is implemented by generating a failure of the electric and hydraulic system*.

I've just uploaded RealEngine v1.4 (RealEngine_v14.zip) to flightsim and SOH.
Maybe try that version. (It has only small changes to the flaps module itself, but you never know... and it's much easier to configure for an aircraft :) )

Please check if extending/retracting the flaps works parked on the ground after loading the plane and RE.
If you still have the issue of not being able to extend the flaps please check whether at the same time you have a failure of the electric or hydraulic system.

This would allow me to look into the issue more in detail.

Thanks.

Gunter

* I know, I know, not very likely in reality, but just consider the flaps actuators bending under the stress, stuff starting to fly around, rupturing electric and hydraulic lines :shock: . And RE was designed to give a slap on the hand in case limitations were exceeded, so I didn't have second thoughts about giving a slightly harder slap anyways :twisted: . And it's not accusim either.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Apologies. I'm not quite sure how the folks here can assist you however. This is a third party product that has nothing to do with A2A.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

teson1 wrote:Hello Vince,
I just stumbled across your issue googling.
I normally don't come here as unfortunately my computer is not up to the task of running FSX (and the accusim planes :( ).

I have no idea what would cause your issue with flaps operation and RealEngine.
RE doesn't have any effect on the flaps themselves (it does not set flap position directly, even if a failure occurs).
Flap failure is implemented by generating a failure of the electric and hydraulic system*.

I've just uploaded RealEngine v1.4 (RealEngine_v14.zip) to flightsim and SOH.
Maybe try that version. (It has only small changes to the flaps module itself, but you never know... and it's much easier to configure for an aircraft :) )

Please check if extending/retracting the flaps works parked on the ground after loading the plane and RE.
If you still have the issue of not being able to extend the flaps please check whether at the same time you have a failure of the electric or hydraulic system.

This would allow me to look into the issue more in detail.

Thanks.

Gunter

* I know, I know, not very likely in reality, but just consider the flaps actuators bending under the stress, stuff starting to fly around, rupturing electric and hydraulic lines :shock: . And RE was designed to give a slap on the hand in case limitations were exceeded, so I didn't have second thoughts about giving a slightly harder slap anyways :twisted: . And it's not accusim either.

Gunter the flaps are manual in the 109e, you press a button to start it going down and press another to start them coming up.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Thanks for the help with this problem everyone. I have configured realengine on several other aircraft without issue including the AF F4U. It seems that since the 109 uses a unique flap command that may be the cause of the problem. It could also be unique to my installation which would require a re install of FSX "not". I certainly can live without realengine in the 109. I always try to operate a particular aircraft within the published perimeters so failure should not occur even with realengine installed. I may be slightly anal retentive when it comes to an unsolved problem even when it is of little consequence. lol

Vince

teson1
Airman Basic

Post by teson1 »

dvm wrote:Thanks for the help with this problem everyone. I have configured realengine on several other aircraft without issue including the AF F4U. It seems that since the 109 uses a unique flap command that may be the cause of the problem. It could also be unique to my installation which would require a re install of FSX "not". I certainly can live without realengine in the 109. I always try to operate a particular aircraft within the published perimeters so failure should not occur even with realengine installed. I may be slightly anal retentive when it comes to an unsolved problem even when it is of little consequence. lol

Vince
Hi Vince,
I'd have been interested to understand what's going wrong with RE here, but I understand this may not bet the moment to fight that battle.
Have fun. BR

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”