WoP II B-17G paintkit (NON-Accu-SIM Version)

A Living Legend
ICDP
BDG & A2A

WoP II B-17G paintkit (NON-Accu-SIM Version)

Post by ICDP »

Last edited by ICDP on 23 Feb 2008, 05:31, edited 1 time in total.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Downloading as I respond to this!

Thanks ICDP!

Hope I can churn a couple out soon.
Snuffy

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Wow that's great.I am downloading too.Thanks ICDP.I don't know if I can do it but I'll give it a try (I need a new PC first hopefully soon).I see you have a few new repaints already too.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Scottyboy39
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scottyboy39 »

I have flown in the collings 909 and their B-24 witchcraft and I seen that those textures arent around for FSX so I figured I'd give it a try. I also Did a memphis Belle but in a Gmodel when the real one was a F but oh well I wanted to practice.

Scott "Shylock" Berge
http://www.fsxblueangels.com/

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: WoP II B-17G paintkit (FSX) released.

Post by Skycat »

That bent prop must come with an interesting story. ;)
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Geewiz
Staff Sergeant

Post by Geewiz »

Nice job, Scotty... these are beautiful planes!
The 401st Bomb Group - Deenethorpe
www.youtube.com/401stbg
"The Best Damned Outfit in the USAAF"
http://www.401bg.com/pages_gallery/gallery_005.htm#menu

Scottyboy39
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scottyboy39 »

Thanks joe. Im doing the tail for the good ole shark tooth. So far I havent gotten the nose like how I want so its more tinkering. Im still trying to dig up what I can on her. But im hoping in 2 weeks you'll be posting the pics of her on here. Also joe do you know is she said shark tooth or was it just the mouth?

As for the bent prop I dont know what happend as I just played as traffic the 909 and selected the Belle came back on she was bent wierd.
Scott "Shylock" Berge
http://www.fsxblueangels.com/

Lionman
Airman Basic

Post by Lionman »

Downloading your paintkit as I write. It took a while to find online. Would it be possible for you to perhaps edit your header posting on this thread to include a direct down load link? This would be a great help to others.

I am 62 and a life-long simmer who has been flying MS FS since the very first version and I especially love the B-17. One of my favorite simulations of all time was the redoubtable "B-17 The Mighty Eighth" and if they had ever produced a multi-player version I (and hundreds of thousands of others) would still be flying it. Indeed IMO there is a massive market niche to be filled there by an online combat simulator or add-on/expansion for Oleg Maddox coming Storm of War Battle of Britain (if it ever arrives!) allowing us to go on long range raids in a cio-op flying the Fortress, Liberator and Lancaster. Maybe A2A need to address that as I believe it is Oleg's intention with BoB SOW for the first time to actually encourage, license and allow third-party expansions, aircraft and add-ons, so as to try and create an air combat "industry" in the way that MS FS has bred a vast civiulian add-on industry over the last 25 years.

I would really love to fly your aircraft in massive multi-player online combat and suspect that a huge number of your other customers feel exactly the same way. As a former marketing person it seems to me that the first FS add-on company to establish a cross-over relationship with Ubisoft and Oleg Maddox of this kind, could double their market "overnight". I speak both as a flight simmer and as a retired City of London business person.

:D

Tally Ho chaps!

StormtrooperSHQ
Airman Basic

Post by StormtrooperSHQ »

Since Avsim is down is there another way to get this?

JEubanks
Airman Basic

Post by JEubanks »

Yeah, Me too; Is there anywhere else we can get this due to the AVSIM DOWNLOAD LIBRARY "DOWN" issue? :?
JGE

nath2889
Technical Sergeant

Post by nath2889 »

there is no were you can get it from at the moment but you could try asking an A2A member like Scott are pm the author to see if they can get up load it again to a different sight

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

When triying to unzip this file, it gives me this problem
I Already tried to re-download from another server

CRC failed in B17 Paintkit\Main Textures\b17g_5_t.psd. The file is corrupt
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Hi all,

I am the guy who did the B-17 paintkit and unfortunately I have lost my original PSD files. The only sources I can find have the corrupted PSD for the tail area and wing tips. This is not a problem though as I have redone the entire painkit in anticiaption of the new Accusim B-17. Once the A2A Fortress has been released I will get you all a new upload link to the new paintkit.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

ICDP wrote:Hi all,

I am the guy who did the B-17 paintkit and unfortunately I have lost my original PSD files. The only sources I can find have the corrupted PSD for the tail area and wing tips. This is not a problem though as I have redone the entire painkit in anticiaption of the new Accusim B-17. Once the A2A Fortress has been released I will get you all a new upload link to the new paintkit.
I can't wait!!
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

billsailaway27
Airman Basic

Re: WoP II B-17G paintkit (NON-Accu-SIM Version)

Post by billsailaway27 »

Are there any How-to's on how to use paintkits?
Colonel Bates
Commander
91st Bombardment Group (H)
www.91stbombardmentgroup.com

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”